PDA

View Full Version : President Bush Issues Executive Order

jh45gun
08-18-2007, 12:22 PM
President Bush Issues Executive Order Facilitating
Hunting Opportunities And Wildlife Conservation
President George W. Bush today issued an executive order directing Federal agencies to work more diligently to facilitate the expansion and enhancement of hunting opportunities and the management of game species and their habitat.

JeffinNZ
08-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I thought that initatitive had a name already. IRAQ.

mike in co
08-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I Would Say,,,not A Good Choice If Words For Someone Not In The Usa,,,,

Buckshot
08-19-2007, 10:48 AM
.............People all over the world have opinions. You do not have to be a citizen of any particular country to have an opinion about it's policies. However let's not let this devolve into politics :-).

In this instance, I applaud Bush.

.............Buckshot

Boz330
08-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Money generated by the sales of arms and ammunition, as well as other outdoors products, is what supports the National Forest system. But the tree and bunny huggers want to put that land off limits to hunters and sportsmen who directly paid for it. Huge sections of the NF were limited as far as access under the Clinton Admistration and I think that Bush has eased some of that. BTW that tax amounts to about 11% add on to the products affected and then you still get to pay sales tax on that tax. What are the bunny huggers paying?

Bob

ktw
08-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Money generated by the sales of arms and ammunition, as well as other outdoors products, is what supports the National Forest system.

Pittman Robertson Funds are administered by the Department of the Interior. For the most part the money flows to the Department of Interior's US Fish and Wildlife Service and State Fish and Game departments for a variety of wildlife projects.

http://www.nracentral.com/pittman-robertson-funds.php

The National Forest System is part of the Department of Agriculture and is funded by appropriations from congress (general tax revenue) and various National Forest user fees.

-ktw

Boz330
08-21-2007, 09:04 AM
My mistake, but the way I read that, some of that money still gets spent on projects in the NF System. The Elk restoration project here in KY is in a National Forest for example. That was local F&G and the Elk foundation. Anyway we pay our own way plus a little is the only point I was trying to make.

Bob