PDA

View Full Version : Ebay mold prices

dakotashooter2
03-15-2013, 10:06 AM
It's been quite interesting watching mold prices lately on Ebay. Most stuff is seeing a modest rise but other stuff is getting really rediculous. Some of the "Buy it now prices" simply stun me.. $75 BIN on Lee 6 cav mold handles? $175 BIN on an Ideal 311466?
Some of the bids for molds are just insanity... $80-$90 for a common single cavity used mold? $100 + for a common double cavity mold? $99 for a Lee 6 cavity mold?

Might be time to get rid of a couple of my old single cavities..............

I'm glad I'm not that desperate.

41 mag fan
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Never go there, so I couldn't tell if they're gouging or not.

kenyerian
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Yep, if you have anything you don't need now is the time to get rid of it.

farmallcrew
03-16-2013, 09:03 AM
there is always stuff out there on ebay to buy. I try and gauge the prices on here with the prices on there if it has to do with casting stuff or molds. Since im still very green on the molds i use my head to base out what a good price is and look on here and see if any of those paticular ones have sold.

Wayne Smith
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Always remember the Custom Made prices. Not only group buys but Tom at Accurate and Bernie at Old West and Dan at Mountain Molds. No point sending money to scalpers when you can send much the same to a great craftsman and get a new product sized to your gun!

Ben
03-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Sharks behave differently when they smell blood in the water.

wyattjames
03-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I have been watching evil bay on molds lately and it is just plain crazy, a 67 dollar lyman mold is going for over 100 bucks ,cant wait till this panic buying slows down,

Marvin S
03-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Post five and six sum it all up. I only look for items that cant be had elsewhere. It can make for good entertainment though.

rexherring
03-16-2013, 01:12 PM
I've gotten great deals before the panic but not lately. Track Of the Wolf has good prices and still have quite a few in stock.

Swamp Man
03-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Talk about mold prices go see what their pulling in on Lee hand loaders for 410.

GaryN
03-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Take a look at the die set prices too. Anything that makes ammo for a semi auto (rifle or pistol) is up around 100 dollars a set. When the madness ends there is going to be some good deals out there.

dagger dog
03-16-2013, 07:11 PM
I really shouldn't rant 'cause I just made what I think was a good buy on EBay, but there is just this little voice in the back of my mind that is telling me,the owner of the object at an online auction could be boosting the bid himself.

I know it can happen at a face to face auction and probably does, but bidding is kind of an adrenaline rush to me, and I've found I have to limit myself and accept the fact I may not be able to own said object (something that usually relates to casting,reloading or firearms)!

gbrown
03-16-2013, 07:36 PM
I ran a thread on Mold, Maintenance and Design not long ago about a Lee mold ($39.99) 6C going for $113. The madness over there never ceases to amaze me. As said on that thread, all I can see is people watching YouTube, saying this is a cinch! I can do that! Burnt fingers and zinc projectiles, maybe a visit from the tinsel fairy. LOL!

garym1a2
03-16-2013, 08:58 PM
I listed my lee Bantor 6up (224) mold a week ago on ebay for auction with a start price of $39.99, new in box, I also offered to add lee handles used for $15. Item went for $195 on Thursday, If people that say this is too much. How is buying 55gr fmj pulls for 500/$100 any better. At least with the mold you can make a ton of boolits.

xacex
03-16-2013, 09:06 PM
I listed my lee Bantor 6up (224) mold a week ago on ebay for auction with a start price of $39.99, new in box, I also offered to add lee handles used for $15. Item went for $195 on Thursday, If people that say this is too much. How is buying 55gr fmj pulls for 500/$100 any better. At least with the mold you can make a ton of boolits.

I watched that one and wondered if it was someone here! I listed my 6 up used bator right after yours closed. Started at 39.99$ and has gone up to 72$ in a couple of days. I was so lazy I snagged your title. Watched Frozone sell a 6 up 120 grain 9mm TC for 102$ and some change. Not a bad payday if you ask me. I am selling my Lee molds to pay for my Mihec molds. Listing a 9mm 6 up 120g TC, and a 45acp 200g TC, and anything else I can find that I don't use anymore. 40 molds, dies ect.

Edit: Up to 81$ now. Gary, you did good at 192.50$! Did you sell the handles too?

I am going to have to do some free PIF's on here to keep me from feeling dirty selling on fleabay.

xacex
03-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Someone has a nice NOE 22 cal 55 grain mold listed too. I love competition, but hands down that is a better mold. I don't know why someone would sell the NOE unless they got a Mihec instead. Love my Mihec 5.56 65 grain mold. That one will get buried with me along with my other brass Mihec molds. Maybe 2000 years from now someone will dig me up, and get lucky.

dakotashooter2
03-16-2013, 11:33 PM
I figure before I spend over $100 for a used mold I'll go to one of the custom makers.....

I think the "judge" has been the culprit for the demand for 410 stuff. I'm supprised one of the die makers has not come out with 410 dies for a standard press................... Maybe we need one of our toolmakers on here to start making them...........

FLINTNFIRE
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I was looking at the wife's watch list and went and looked at molds ,was shocked when I saw what they were bidding for lee handles , molds to it is crazy as there are some things still available from dealers at the pre panic price's , just do not like that site myself , and am not going to join in any of this madness that is going on , if it is not a decent price I will wait , or do without, wish mihec had more molds for sale and NOE also .

Swamp Man
03-17-2013, 12:33 AM
I figure before I spend over $100 for a used mold I'll go to one of the custom makers.....

I think the "judge" has been the culprit for the demand for 410 stuff. I'm supprised one of the die makers has not come out with 410 dies for a standard press................... Maybe we need one of our toolmakers on here to start making them...........
I was looking at getting into reloading for my 410 but I'm gonna wait until this madness dies down before buying. Yes it shocks me that no one is focusing on 410 dies and other 410 loading tools,there is a ton of money to be made off of 410 items now.

Bullet Caster
03-17-2013, 01:29 AM
When will all the madness end? Who knows. I go to fleabay for mere entertainment; cannot believe some of the mould prices that "idiots" are willing to pay. I believe the govt. is behind all this madness and frenzy buying. It's really bad when you can't even find any .22 rf. BC

Swamp Man
03-17-2013, 01:54 AM
When will all the madness end? Who knows. I go to fleabay for mere entertainment; cannot believe some of the mould prices that "idiots" are willing to pay. I believe the govt. is behind all this madness and frenzy buying. It's really bad when you can't even find any .22 rf. BC
I have to agree I feel the government is a big part of this madness we are seeing. They are buying up ammo and I feel they are also blocking powder and other shipments.

Echo
03-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Criminy. Who would pay $100 for a mold available from retailers for $45? Easy - someone who:1 - Needed it BAD! 2. didn't know about the $45 availability; 3. A confererate who bid it too high and got caught; 4. whatever.

Gliden07
03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I go there and look and realize there out of there minds!! I needed a couple of parts for reloaders I have and a Lubsizer. I ordered the parts from MEC and Lyman delivered to my door brand new for less then used on Ebay! There are shortages out there but if your on a tight budget like me or you don't want to feed into the frenzy. I've found that using the notifications on most sites work very good. Did this at Midway, FS reloading and Brownells. Need a few more this and that's but I refuse to pay double or triple the standard prices (can't do it anyway!).

DeanWinchester
03-17-2013, 05:13 PM
There's still decent deals out there. You just have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I just picked up a 180g steel .40 cal mold for $40. It's a custom build, so well see if the quality is there but if it makes a halfway decent boolit, $40 ain't bad at all in is market.

psychicrhino
03-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Amazon gets a pretty pe.ny on some of their molds too.

dakotashooter2
03-19-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm kicking myself for noy buying a 170-180 gr rn 30 caliber mold earlier. 6 months ago I probably could have got a used 2 cavity for $40-$45.... Now they are going for $85-$100..................

Fortunately I am able to borrow a Mec for 410........... I load a couple thousand at a time in exchange for a couple hundred for the press owner...................

Agent1187
03-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Ebay basically let me trade two Lee molds I didn't use anymore for my first Mihec mold. Ask me how bummed I am about that deal :wink:

xacex
03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Heck, I have one(1) Lee mold on there that looks like it is going to pay for two (2) Mihec molds!! Insane, but I am not complaining!

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 05:48 AM
2 weeks ago a Lee 6 cav Bator sold for over $200.00. Last week another one went for $192.00.

Patience is truly GOLDEN. Mid south will have them back shortly for $38.00.

Can you be patient and save $160.00?:-D

Even at todays prices the savings will buy 4K of primers or ? # of lead to cast ? thousand boolits when your new mould arrives.:-D

selmerfan
03-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I really shouldn't rant 'cause I just made what I think was a good buy on EBay, but there is just this little voice in the back of my mind that is telling me,the owner of the object at an online auction could be boosting the bid himself.

I know it can happen at a face to face auction and probably does, but bidding is kind of an adrenaline rush to me, and I've found I have to limit myself and accept the fact I may not be able to own said object (something that usually relates to casting,reloading or firearms)!

Pretty tough to boost your bid on eBay without getting into legal trouble. They track not only users, but also ISP addresses to determine who is bidding on what.

selmerfan
03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Dang! I have a single-cavity Lee .30 cal 200 gr. that I haven't used in years. Maybe I need to see what it's "worth"...and to keep up with the other sellers in their description of single and double cavity Lees "comes with free handles!"

btroj
03-20-2013, 08:26 AM
I suppose that my feeling is that I don't care what people pay for moulds on EBay. It isn't my money so why would I care?
Fools who pay too much aren't just on EBay and aren't just buying moulds. Idiocy abounds, I just ignore it.

millsa2
03-20-2013, 06:37 PM
You used to find some good deals on there until "The Panic"

garym1a2
03-20-2013, 07:48 PM
I had offered to sell the handles to the winner for $15 and since the sell price for the mold was good, I just gave the handles in the box with the mold. With the money from the mold i brought some handles from Milhec here and a few other items plus the Colt ar bolt that was for sell here.

So everybody got something.

I watched that one and wondered if it was someone here! I listed my 6 up used bator right after yours closed. Started at 39.99$ and has gone up to 72$ in a couple of days. I was so lazy I snagged your title. Watched Frozone sell a 6 up 120 grain 9mm TC for 102$ and some change. Not a bad payday if you ask me. I am selling my Lee molds to pay for my Mihec molds. Listing a 9mm 6 up 120g TC, and a 45acp 200g TC, and anything else I can find that I don't use anymore. 40 molds, dies ect.

Edit: Up to 81$ now. Gary, you did good at 192.50$! Did you sell the handles too?

I am going to have to do some free PIF's on here to keep me from feeling dirty selling on fleabay.

garym1a2
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Whats worse, paying $100 for a 6up mold or $100 for 500 boolits. At least with the 6up mold you can keep in supply of boolits.

2 weeks ago a Lee 6 cav Bator sold for over $200.00. Last week another one went for $192.00.

Patience is truly GOLDEN. Mid south will have them back shortly for $38.00.

Can you be patient and save $160.00?:-D

Even at todays prices the savings will buy 4K of primers or ? # of lead to cast ? thousand boolits when your new mould arrives.:-D

xacex
03-20-2013, 08:10 PM
This is getting retarded! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-Rifle-Bator-Bullet-Mold-22-Cal-55-Gr-223-AR-15-gas-check-type-6-cavity-RARE-/281078609634

If you have one of these sitting around I think it is time to let it go.

jcwit
03-20-2013, 08:21 PM
As I've said before, it an auction, he who wants it most spends the most money, the guy in second place is nothing more than the first looser.

xacex
03-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Alright, who's yanking my chain:kidding: Someone on here bidding it up? Looks like I will be including some Lee handles as well.

garym1a2
03-20-2013, 09:40 PM
I was robbed. Mine only went for $192 and was new. Yours is used and much higher price.

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 10:14 PM
I was robbed. Mine only went for $192 and was new. Yours is used and much higher price.

You did NOT show a battle scarred well used RARE pre smoked mould.:kidding:

ACrowe25
03-20-2013, 10:18 PM

I'm with you. Seems like it is more of a sellers market anyways. Hard to find deals, when not only is everyone looking for them but when everyone is trying to make a buck.

newton
03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
If you can't find anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That's what I've always been told. But it's hard. Is taking advantage of a situation a good thing when your on the winning end, and only bad when your on the loosing side?

I dunno. It's hard. Yes, it's insane that people are buying it for that much, but just as insane that people don't care that another is buying it for that much. Sad when places like Walmart and other stores keep their prices the same during a panic, but the guys holding them up(you and I) take advantage of others weekness.

Got to remember who is buying the stuff. They obviously are not intelligent or else thy would see it can be had elsewhere, or just waiting till it comes available again. Kind of reminds me of the kid who trades his little brother five pennies for the one dollar bill...after all...his brother is getting five things in return for just one.

I don't judge people for participating in the panic, but I'll be darned if I'm going to keep quiet. Is it ok to stand by and watch a girl get abused simply because she walked down the wrong street at the wrong time - much less participate in it?

Before you get all high and mighty with the replies, understand I'm not judging anyone on here. I came to this site because it was full of helpful people. Little did I know it was also full of very generous people, but I soon found out. Now that this crazyness set in, it's like there is blood in the water and people are loosing what 'fellowship' is all about.

We are a fellowship here. We help each other. Let's help others too.

xacex
03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
You did NOT show a battle scarred well used RARE pre smoked mould.:kidding:
:bigsmyl2: RARE indeed! Try finding one right now. As far as I know that is the only one in existence on the net right now.

xacex
03-20-2013, 11:47 PM

I noticed it is not the same bidders between the two auctions. That's odd. You would think the losers from the last auction would have picked up on this one.

xacex
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
If you can't find anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That's what I've always been told. But it's hard. Is taking advantage of a situation a good thing when your on the winning end, and only bad when your on the loosing side?

I dunno. It's hard. Yes, it's insane that people are buying it for that much, but just as insane that people don't care that another is buying it for that much. Sad when places like Walmart and other stores keep their prices the same during a panic, but the guys holding them up(you and I) take advantage of others weekness.

Got to remember who is buying the stuff. They obviously are not intelligent or else thy would see it can be had elsewhere, or just waiting till it comes available again. Kind of reminds me of the kid who trades his little brother five pennies for the one dollar bill...after all...his brother is getting five things in return for just one.

I don't judge people for participating in the panic, but I'll be darned if I'm going to keep quiet. Is it ok to stand by and watch a girl get abused simply because she walked down the wrong street at the wrong time - much less participate in it?

Before you get all high and mighty with the replies, understand I'm not judging anyone on here. I came to this site because it was full of helpful people. Little did I know it was also full of very generous people, but I soon found out. Now that this crazyness set in, it's like there is blood in the water and people are loosing what 'fellowship' is all about.

We are a fellowship here. We help each other. Let's help others too.

I don't feel like I am taking advantage of anyone. Do I feel a bit dirty...yes, but I started the auction at what I paid for it with no reserve, and I am by no means holding a gun to anyone's head. Also, I just had this one around collecting dust, and I happen to get an Ebay offer to list for free this week. Of course they will take there 9% off the top after it sells.

gbrown
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
I've bought a lot of "sleepers" off Ebay. Such as a 6 cavity H&G 135 .358 (w/handles) and a Saeco 016 Precision Engineering 3 cavity (.358 158 RN). As well as a .38 Super conversion for the SDB, and a .380 conversion for the SDB. 1st went for $70.00 S&H included. 2nd went for about $40.00 S&H included. 2 conversions went for about $50.00 S&H included. Sold a bunch on there as well. Can't complain, just free enterprise. Bought 2 310 tools and dies for 30/06 and 30/30 for under $60.00. With the stuff I got from Rick Morrill at the 310 Shop, into them for under a $100. Again, good old free enterprise. I just sit back and laugh at all the crazies doing their thing.

dakotashooter2
03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
People must be digging molds out of their closets. It took me about 5 years to get my 4 used molds for .41 mag. They just didn't show up that often. I have seen more .41 mag molds listed in the last 2 weeks than I saw in those 5 years........................

gbrown
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't feel like I am taking advantage of anyone. Do I feel a bit dirty...yes, but I started the auction at what I paid for it with no reserve, and I am by no means holding a gun to anyone's head. Also, I just had this one around collecting dust, and I happen to get an Ebay offer to list for free this week. Of course they will take there 9% off the top after it sells.

I wouldn't have any remorse about this. As I stated in my last post, it's free enterprise, IMHO. It's not like the old monopolies where the "barons" cornered the market and then jacked up the prices. I agree with some of newton's post, especially his final statement, but I feel his example is a little strong or a bit off the mark about what is going on here and now. My thoughts are that maybe this is getting some stuff that would be lost (allowed to rust/rot) out on the market. My firm belief is that a lot of these newbies will try it, and then when everything stabilizes, decide it isn't worth the effort (burned fingers and zinc boolits) and resell to try to get some back on what they see as a bad investment. I'm optimistic, rather than pessimistic.

newton
03-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Yea, my example is a bit strong and could be taken way wrong. But the funny thing is we classify things in the way we do. I have a really hard time with this all that's going on. People are yelling, screaming, and cussing all the things that people with more power are doing. But just because you have more power does not mean you need to use it the way people do.

And so it trickles on down to even us. We are doing the same thing. We have control, of certain objects people want, so we use it to better ourselves. I get that we are all human, that's why I am not judging people at all with this. Everyone that participates in this panic does so with certain intentions. In the end its only up to you and your conscience.

But just as everyone has a right to do what they want, I have the same right to speak my mind. I do not do so to condemn, but rather to try and wake people up to the idea that when we participate in the panic all we are doing is helping it continue. It got started by a select few, but we have been keeping it going with what we do.

I just think it hurts our sport/hobby/passion.

gbrown
03-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Yea, my example is a bit strong and could be taken way wrong. But the funny thing is we classify things in the way we do. I have a really hard time with this all that's going on. People are yelling, screaming, and cussing all the things that people with more power are doing. But just because you have more power does not mean you need to use it the way people do.

And so it trickles on down to even us. We are doing the same thing. We have control, of certain objects people want, so we use it to better ourselves. I get that we are all human, that's why I am not judging people at all with this. Everyone that participates in this panic does so with certain intentions. In the end its only up to you and your conscience.

But just as everyone has a right to do what they want, I have the same right to speak my mind. I do not do so to condemn, but rather to try and wake people up to the idea that when we participate in the panic all we are doing is helping it continue. It got started by a select few, but we have been keeping it going with what we do.

I just think it hurts our sport/hobby/passion.

I'm right there with you, to a point. A lot of the people selling on Ebay are not "US". Many of the listings (reloading stuff) have all sorts of erroneous information. A lot seem to be estate seller and flea market types who don't have a clue about what they have. They picked up that it was a seller's market and start bringing stuff out of the attic/closet that they didn't know what to do with before. There are a few of "US" on there. I sold some old stuff I had no clue what to do with to a forum member who did. I see some of that listed now. He is offering it at a low starting price and letting 'em go at it. Who knows, he may hit a home run and sell one item for what I got for all of it. More power to him--I didn't have a clue as to what most of it is--but there may be some guy with an old piece of equipment out there that needs that one part to get it running. That's the way I see all of this going. On another forum of old power tools, their S&S subforum is called "Bring out your dead"--a call to get the old stuff out of the corner and onto the market. I made a lot of guys happy over there.

xacex
03-21-2013, 02:59 PM
All of my molds I listed were my "training" molds. I cant say I am an expert now, but I know a Lee mold from a Mihec. I don't know if I will ever buy another Lee mold. The 6 cavity molds are alright, but the 2 cavity are junky in my opinion.Like I said earlier, the Mehec, and NOE molds have replaced these mold that are listed, and these just collect dust. Nothing wrong with any of them, and they all cast good boolits, but I am looking at the lifelong investment aspect of a quality mold vs. a starter mold that may not last as long. Lee's aluminum is certainly softer than what NOE uses, and wont hold a candle to brass. The one steel mold I own is a pain to use due to the cleaning and oiling you have to do each time it comes out for a session to keep it alive.

BrassMagnet
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
I noticed it is not the same bidders between the two auctions. That's odd. You would think the losers from the last auction would have picked up on this one.

How do you tell who the bidders are? I have been ambushed at the end so many times on rare moulds which I really want, so now I just throw a really high bid if I really want it. Usually in the last 45 seconds.

BrassMagnet
03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
The one steel mold I own is a pain to use due to the cleaning and oiling you have to do each time it comes out for a session to keep it alive.

Try cleaning it with spray brake cleaner (CRC brand) and lubing it for storage with spray oil.

xacex
03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
How do you tell who the bidders are? I have been ambushed at the end so many times on rare moulds which I really want, so now I just throw a really high bid if I really want it. Usually in the last 45 seconds.

Match up the feedback with the letters that are shown for the bidders. If you want an example, there is another bator mold listed, I will bid on his item, and you can match that up with my feedback and letters from my auction to get an idea of how I do it.

xacex
03-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Try cleaning it with spray brake cleaner (CRC brand) and lubing it for storage with spray oil.

I started oiling with croil and that seems to help. Most times I just heat, cast, cool, lube now and bypass cleaning off the croil. I am sure eventually I will need to give it a scrub to clean out the vent lines as they get gummed up with croil.

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2013, 04:49 PM
THEM NASTY STEEL MOULDS

Years ago I started storing my moulds on WW2 ammo cans. When my daughter was born (she would be celebrating her 40th this year if she were with us) I started saving BABY FOOD JARS,drilling holes in the lids,filling with silica jell,cover the top of the jar with cloth and putting the lid on, then into the ammo cans.

Yes each can is marked with its contents.

The ammo cans were stored in the same room with OVER 100 tropical fish tanks full of fish.:-)

I guess it has worked quite well as I am STILL looking for the first signs of rust. :bigsmyl2:

NO they are not treated in any special way just used and put back in the can. No one ever told me I should give those veterans any special care and they never said they wanted any. At least till now.

xacex
03-21-2013, 06:17 PM
That's good news Bill, but that would mean I would have to empty an ammo can....:kidding:

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Emptying them is NEVER a problem.:smile:

Today the problem is getting the STUFF needed to refill the cans.

lksmith
04-09-2013, 08:46 PM
I was looking for a 44cal mold a few weeks back and bid on one that got sniped from me at the last minute, and saw a 31 cal 2cav Lee going for $100.
I figured I'd put mine on that I had only cast about 10-20boolits from since they didn't work for what I needed. I started it at $20 no reserve (what they are going for and this one was essentially new) with an astronomical $75BIN to let some idiot who wanted it bad enough to take it right off. Ended up going for $50+shipping. I can't help what the bids went to I just saw an opportunity to get rid of a mold I had no use for and break even

dakotashooter2
04-10-2013, 10:35 AM
I've noticed that the sellers who list high starting bids generally don't get many if any bids but sellers who list as reasonable starting bids often end up selling for higher than the other guy started his at. Makes you wonder about the biding mentality or if sellers are bidding up their own stuff.............

P.K.
04-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Want a real shocker? Do a search for NOE molds...:shock:

casterofboolits
04-10-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm gonna have to learn this "Ebay" thing. I have quite a few pairs of Lyman four cavity moulds (left over from my boolit casting business) that are no longer in production. Classic, vintage? Should bring a premium, right?

Perhaps, I can sell them for enough to pick up that SA XD-5.25 in 40 S&W that I've gotten a hankering for?

Glock Junkie
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
I picked a bad time to get into reloading and casting lol! Trying to find molds and dies have become a huge chore. I can't afford EBay prices. Every time I bid on a mold and I've got it won in the last 3mins it goes way out of my price range lol!

Bad Water Bill
04-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I wonder how things are MANIPULATED there.

I have been prevented from raising my bid in the last minute but others have their bids show up in the last 2-3 seconds.

And that may be 3-4 different folks.

dakotashooter2
04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Here is another.....I opened with $25...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271185901760?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

6 months ago you couldn't give a .22 cal mold away.............. now they are selling for the highest prices........ you'd swear they are using gold for the mold matterial............This is over twice the price of a new NOE 4 banger............

joesig
04-10-2013, 04:26 PM

I have been prevented from raising my bid in the last minute but others have their bids show up in the last 2-3 seconds.

Prevented? I have timed things wrong in the past but have never prevented from bidding. Did you ever contact eBay about that?

white eagle
04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
same here

Bad Water Bill
04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Did you ever contact eBay about that?

I tried a couple of times to reach a LIVE person but all I got was a bunch of here is what I dids come up on the screen.

Total designed waste of time.

P.K.
04-10-2013, 07:03 PM

Prevented? I have timed things wrong in the past but have never prevented from bidding. Did you ever contact eBay about that?

Bill,

It's happened to me, but it wasn't because I was prevented, it was bidding speed. Depending on your connection and the ammount of time left the servers over there can only que up so much. I remember awhile back I was bidding on a bike when the whole 2 stroke/4 stroke change was going on with dirtbikes. I was trying to get a year old leftover with no reserve and there were at least 20 bidders hitting it up. I lost out because of a crappy connection with 3 seconds to go. Of course this was the days before the "sniping" programs out there today that will bid and confirm with out you even being there.

bart55
04-10-2013, 09:43 PM
I reccon I have to get into that stash of old molds I have and see If I can make some component funds. I gotta get my daughter in law to get som pics up for me .I lost my camera and dont have a phone that transfers pics

Springfield
04-10-2013, 11:17 PM
I just sold a Lyman 4 cavity 93 grain 9mm/.380 mold for 238.00. Prefer my Mihec's and now these latecomers are paying for them for me! For those who think I am a bad person, I started the bidding at 50.00, not my fault it went so high. Didn't mind a bit, though. First time in my life I managed to buy low and sell high.

garym1a2
04-10-2013, 11:46 PM
post what you need on wanted to buy section. Sometimes we sell here at normall prices not to hassel with ebay.

I picked a bad time to get into reloading and casting lol! Trying to find molds and dies have become a huge chore. I can't afford EBay prices. Every time I bid on a mold and I've got it won in the last 3mins it goes way out of my price range lol!

knifemaker
04-11-2013, 12:01 AM
bart55 now is the time to dump those unused molds. Real good quality pictures is very important to get the higher bids. Customer wants to see what he is buying. If the molds drop at right size or larger, say so as the experienced mold buyers will shy away from molds that may drop undersize boolits. Doing this has helped me sell several older Lyman two cavity molds for one hundred bucks or more. I just wished I had some older Lymans in 22 cal and 9mm cal as those are going for prices that are blowing the roof off.
22 cal. and 9mm caliber are the two most popular calibers in rifle and semi auto pistol for the "spray and pray" crowd and they can not get ammo or reloading bullets and must now resort to casting their bullets.

dakotashooter2
04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I just sold a Lyman 4 cavity 93 grain 9mm/.380 mold for 238.00. Prefer my Mihec's and now these latecomers are paying for them for me! For those who think I am a bad person, I started the bidding at 50.00, not my fault it went so high. Didn't mind a bit, though. First time in my life I managed to buy low and sell high.

You are not a bad person. You started it at a reasonable price and the bidders took over.....

I expect .22 and 9mm moulds will be a dime a dozen at some point. Many NEW reloaders are going to 1) have trouble casting the .22s 2) have trouble finding a load that doesn't lead terribly 3) have trouble finding a load that feeds and functions well in thier semi auto or 4) have trouble finding a load that is accurate.

I actually should probably sell some of my lee molds that I started with and don't use any more. Most are still usable but have seen better days and I really don't reall want to set up a paypal account on Ebay.

William Yanda
04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Watched a 6 banger .22 bator go for $140
Wow

Alan in Vermont
04-12-2013, 03:01 PM
I've got two listed there now, I'm hoping they go a little nuts in the next 24 hours. If they do I'll have an NOE 3118 on the way.

Relsom
04-12-2013, 10:28 PM

It's called sniping. They (me included) typically use a computer program like Merlin AuctionMagic to bid for them. You tell it how much to bid and when, i.e. 10 seconds left, and go about your merry way. That way you don't run up the bid or get caught up in a bidding frenzy. If you win then you get a deal, if not you didn't pay too much. This program paid for itself the first time and has saved me more than i probably realize. If you ebay then get it, worth every penny.