PDA

View Full Version : Shipping problem: BE ADVISED!

Jim
03-14-2013, 01:32 PM
A few days ago, I placed an order with one of the milsurp vendors for a non HAZMAT item. I gave my post office box address for the package to be delivered to. Unbeknownst to me, the vendor chose to use UPS as the carrier.

I got a notification from UPS by email that the package had been delivered on the 12th to 'front door'. I thought this odd as I gave my PO box number for delivery address.

I called UPS to investigate and found out the package had been delivered to my prior address. We have not lived there in over two years.

UPS has initiated an investigation. The CSR told me he would try to get a driver to go back to the address delivered to and get the package back. I have my doubts about how that's going to go.

What really irritates me is the product I ordered is now out of stock. I can get a refund, but I'd rather have the merchandise.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem with this, so I had no idea giving my PO box number would not work. From now on, I'll have to place my orders by phone and ask what carrier will be used to make sure they have a proper shipping address.

What stumps me is I've given my PO box number in the past and received packages at the post office that were carried by UPS. The CSR at UPS swears up and down they WILL NOT deliver to the PO. Go figure.

So, now we wait to find out how this is going to play out.

Triggernosis
03-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Jim, I had that exact same thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I don't even know how they knew where my old address was....

Jim
03-14-2013, 01:46 PM
The CSR at UPS told me the package was delivered to my 'last known address'. How can that be when I've had dozens of packages delivered HERE in the last two years?

When I asked the CSR why it was delivered to an address other than what was given, he told me they don't deliver to the PO but the the last known address. I told him they should NOT deliver to any address other than given and if that were not possible, it should have been returned to the shipper as 'undeliverable'.

He apologized, but I told him that did me no good as my package is now in somebody else's hands.

HATCH
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
your house here in Columbia??
want me to go pick it up?? :-)

Swamp Man
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Be careful ordering Milsurp now days the government could be tracking the items and putting you on a list. Wait until it shows up at a local milsurp store and pay in cash.

Jim
03-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Be careful ordering Milsurp now days the government could be tracking the items and putting you on a list. Wait until it shows up at a local milsurp store and pay in cash.

Tell me where the closest one is to Floyd, VA.

uscra112
03-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Had that happen when I rented a reamer from CH4D 2-3 years ago. They sent it to an address I left two years earlier. I had never done ANY business with CH4D before. Ever. And I had entered my new address when I placed the order on their web site. Only way I found out was CH4D sent me a shipment confirmation. But the idea that the address came from a screwed-up UPS database makes some sense, I suppose. CH4D made good, but it was a bit weird.

Love Life
03-14-2013, 02:39 PM
The Government has much better ways to track you than by buying Milsurp brass.

Back on track. I had this happen before and the box was actually returned to the UPS by the new people at my old address. The package may be returned to the place you ordered from.

41 mag fan
03-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Or when you give an address out, include your physical address plus the PO Box. This way if UPS transfers to PO for shipping, it'll go to the PO Box, or if left to fully be delivered by UPS, they'll have a physical address to.

Springfield
03-14-2013, 04:57 PM
UPS isn't allowed to deliver to PO boxes, I thought everybody knew that. The UPS guy who picked up the package certainly knew it. And I have better things to worry about than whether the Gov. is tracking things I buy. If they do it will be a long list. What makes you think they don't watch this site? A little paranoia doesn't hurt but I am sure not going to let it run my life.

km101
03-14-2013, 05:05 PM

Jim, it is on the UPPER level of the mega-mall in downtown Floyd. You have never seen it because you never go up there! :kidding:

Swamp Man
03-14-2013, 05:11 PM

Well that is something I can't help you with I don't know a whole lot about Va. I just know we have 4 here in my area and just about ever town near me has at least one. Run a goggle or bing search and you may be able to find one near you.

Swamp Man
03-14-2013, 05:15 PM
The Government has much better ways to track you than by buying Milsurp brass.

You would think so but that's not a given. The government is tracking ever move people make on social networks so why not milsurp orders?

Case Stuffer
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Delivery services ,cant't live wthout them but sure can be most anoying at times.

After waiting over a month I received automated phone message Sunday that Fedx would be delivering a Hazmat package Monday and a signature was required. Fedx never showed up Monday after myself and wife watched the drive way ,lissened for the drive monitor alarm and kept an eye on the driveway video monitor and no attempted to deliver notice on the fron door.

Arourd 6:30 PM I go online and check and find message that they had tried to deliver package at 10:18AM but no one was home or business was closed. Good news they will deliver it Tuesday. OK watch and wait tilll 4:30 PM and Fedx shows up with much awaited 8 lbs. of HS-6 . I aked the driver if she tried to deliver it Mondayto which she replied that she only works Tues. thru Sat. and that there are no regular home delivers in this area on Mondays but there are a limited number of business deliveries made by a large Fedx truck. So it seems Fedx's tracking / delivery status system is perhaps flawed also.

TreeKiller
03-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Jim;
Go to the large Post Office in Floyd and ask about using the PO address as your home address for UPS and FED-X. when they raised the price of stamps last time they started this and when you sign up with a e-mail address you will get this message if you receive mail that day.
Dan
34 yrs city carrier

to me
Good Morning

You will have new mail at your PO BoxTM today at your regularly scheduled time!

Please do not reply to this automated message.

Ramar
03-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Jim,
I live where even the USPS fears to go, but not UPS. I've got to travel to the post for mail and some of those new packages that shipper says will be UPS but gets close to me then is dropped shipped at the post office and I don't even know it's there.
Lately I include 6 lines for my address and have my house( land line) phone number as the bottom line. Quite often I get a truck driver calling for directions or a heads-up on a "signature required" package. It's a bunch of extra work doing all the above but I want my package and the phone number on the label really helps.
Ramar

Wayne Smith
03-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Two FFL's and a permit to carry - I figure I'm already on all the lists! Why worry?

TheGrimReaper
03-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Jim, I had that exact same thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I don't even know how they knew where my old address was....

Yea, why would they use an old address and not the ONE ON THE BOX???????