PDA

View Full Version : Midway, ok I am impressed

ga41
03-14-2013, 11:52 AM
I had been on a back order notification with Midway for a bolt carrier, got the notification yesterday, wednesday, about 3pm, quickly ordered it. I knew the stories about getting notifications after the supply was long gone. Got an email this morning that the items had shipped, and I knew the stories about short shipping with store credit given, so I checked the order and low and behold, it was all there with scheduled delivery before next Tuesday and possibly as early as Saturday....wow

Love Life
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Midway has been very fast with shipping throughout this craziness. I have been using htem exclusively since most other places are 2-3 weeks on shippping time. Plus Mr. Potterfield posts awesome gunsmithing videos.

abqcaster
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
...and they just Gave $1M to the NRA. Honestly though, I've gotten nothing but the best service from them.

ACrowe25
03-14-2013, 12:08 PM
When I have ordered from them, my shipping was almost instant! Granted it was a little before this scare but still. Placing an order monday and having it before the end of the week is amazing.

dudits
03-14-2013, 12:13 PM
i love midway!
they really do great buisness and take care of customers.

after seeing some of the major suppliers jack prices due to the craze i have decided i will not deal with them anymore.
however midway has not jacked there prices and even sent all of us a email to notify that they would not.
gotta respect that

41 mag fan
03-14-2013, 05:03 PM
i love midway!
they really do great buisness and take care of customers.

after seeing some of the major suppliers jack prices due to the craze i have decided i will not deal with them anymore.
however midway has not jacked there prices and even sent all of us a email to notify that they would not.
gotta respect that

What supplier jacked prices up?
I've dealth with Midway for 20+ yrs now. Might be a little higher on prices as compared to Natchez, but i hate the 3 day wait from Natchez when an order is placed via internet.
Midway and Midsouth when they ship, will have my order to me lots of time the next day or the day after.

Recluse
03-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Midway and Midsouth when they ship, will have my order to me lots of time the next day or the day after.

These are my two go-to order houses for everything but powder and primers.

I have griped about Midway's shipping charges often, but no more. I was in the shop last night cleaning some guns and had the television on to the Outdoor Channel. Whichever show was on had the characters touring Midway USA's facility. . . holy cow.

Mr. Potterfield was explaining that some orders could be picked and packed within eight minutes of processing. He was saying this as they walked through the area where orders are filled, and man what an operation it is!

But perhaps the biggest thing for me is that during all this madness, Midway has not jacked up prices and has been outspoken with various states that are screwing with the Second Amendment and what's more, Midway is putting their money where their mouth is by donating a cool $1,000,000 to the NRA.

The way Mr. Potterfield, his family and his staff have handled themselves during these Obamanations has made me a loyal customer for life.

:coffee:

w0fms
03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Pre-craze, order on Monday have on Thursday. Now.. 3-4 days to ship.. So.. Order on Monday and get the next Tuesday if it's in stock...and an e-mailed apology for it taking that long.

They follow their rules which are clearly posted on their website. Only complaint I've had is that the Lee Sizers come with the Alox and that's "hazmat".. so it's an expensive bottle of "free" Alox. But I know that going into it...

dudits
03-15-2013, 05:07 PM
bruno jacked there primers to 54$
there was another one, but dont have my laptop with notes on it

smoked turkey
03-15-2013, 10:36 PM
I really like Midway's website. It is easy to get around and almost always you can at least find what you are looking for. I agree with the other comments about the family putting their money where their mouth is. All in all it is a well run and progressive company. Fast shipment is always top priority if they have the item.

TXGunNut
03-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Been dealing with Larry Potterfield since he put out a flier and ordering was done by phone or mail...we didn't call it "snail mail" back then. He's our kind of people. I do a fair bit of shipping and I know that his shipping charges are reasonable, even when I neglect to overcome the small order charge. Only gripe I have is that when my birthday rolled around several weeks ago there wasn't a single thing he had that I needed. Truly a sad occasion.

Phoenix
03-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Pre-craze, order on Monday have on Thursday. Now.. 3-4 days to ship.. So.. Order on Monday and get the next Tuesday if it's in stock...and an e-mailed apology for it taking that long.

They follow their rules which are clearly posted on their website. Only complaint I've had is that the Lee Sizers come with the Alox and that's "hazmat".. so it's an expensive bottle of "free" Alox. But I know that going into it...

I have to say I dont understand this. I just looked at my order that I received on tuesday this week. There was 3 different sizers in the box, Checked the invoice. No additional shipping. What exactly do you mean by this?

frkelly74
03-16-2013, 08:36 AM
I was pleasantly surprised when I ordered a mold and got the shipping quote of less than $6. They have apparently reformed their shipping policy, I remember reading all kinds of complaints here about high shipping and it looks like they were paying attention too. Also, in my experience, I have gone to order a couple of things at Midway and cancelled at checkout when the shipping was calculated. It is good to see a positive response. Go Midway!

captaint
03-16-2013, 08:56 AM
I ordered from Midway a while back and it did appear that Larry had corrected his shipping charges.. I checked first, on the website, before ordering and it looked quite reasonable to me. Much more so than, say, a year ago. I'm a happy customer. Mike

psychicrhino
03-19-2013, 06:51 PM
+1 for Midway

Alvarez Kelly
03-19-2013, 07:04 PM
I ordered some specialized shotguns shells (that I couldn't find locally) from Midway the evening of March 13th. They were on my porch by 5PM the NEXT DAY!

Rick N Bama
03-19-2013, 07:09 PM
I ordered a mold last Friday afternoon (Lee .490"RB) and it was delivered this morning (Tuesday) by the nice mail lady. Can't complain at all.

Rick

John Allen
03-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I order off Midway on a regular basis and am very happy. I prefer the variety that is available and have never had a problem.

NSP64
03-19-2013, 10:16 PM
I have ordered from them twice during this mess, and have always got fast shipping. His supplies are low but everyones are.

357Ruger
03-20-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm very happy with Midway as well. They seem to carry everything and small items are shipped very reasonably. MidSouth used to be one of my favorite places to shop but their shipping seems to be getting a little high these days. I still use both companies and have been very satisfied but lately the majority of my orders have been to Midway.

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 06:09 AM
I do NOT like them using their new delivery system. UPS to the nearest Post office. UPS drives right by my house to get to the P O a mile further down the road and it adds another 2 days to the delivery time. :evil: