PDA

View Full Version : You ever feel like you've got no place to go ?

Ben
03-12-2013, 09:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/haysb/Capture.jpg

cbrick
03-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Poor kittie, guess ya just gotta be for the underdog.

Rick

Charlie Two Tracks
03-12-2013, 12:07 PM
I've felt that way at times but it was always my own fault.

Ben
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
As for the cat, I just bet that if he wanted to " shred " those 2 dogs, he could.

Ben

km101
03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Yep, he could go between or through them if he wanted to! Two dogs are no match for a cat that size. I have witnessed a fight like that and the dogs didnt stand a chance. Now it was different when 4 more dogs got there! At that point the cat left for higher country.

runfiverun
03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
i'm fairly sure that's a female.

waksupi
03-12-2013, 03:45 PM
That lion is still a baby. A full grown one is about three times larger than those dogs.

dagger dog
03-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Ears are pinned, most of the cats weight's on the rear legs, tail's semi tucked, I'd like to see the following frames, betcha those dogs scatter !

LUBEDUDE
03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
The cat's afraid of the radios. He knows reinforcements are on the way!

Harter66
03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
I've a theory about cats and northern bears. Their body weight doubled in rage contained in a paper bag. I've seen a cat in action makes a mess outta dogs.

Idaho Mule
03-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Gonna be a scrap there, and pretty soon. JW

Love Life
03-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Dang. Hopefully some fool didn't shoot the cat of the ledge.

Have to agree with the others in:
A) The cat is still young
B) With only 2 dogs the cat probably got past it the dogs.

waksupi
03-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Lion hounds get lost some times. I came home one night about midnight, and found a hound in the driveway, wearing a radio collar. It was real friendly, and not inclined to leave. I had seen a truck parked down the road, so suspecting that was the hunter, I loaded up the dog, and went down to talk to him. It turned out the dogs had crossed the main ridge, and snow was too deep for him to follow the previous afternoon. So, we sat along side the road in the wee hours of the morning by a fire, drinking whiskey, until his other dog finally showed up.

P.K.
03-13-2013, 05:38 AM
Lion hounds get lost some times. I came home one night about midnight, and found a hound in the driveway, wearing a radio collar. It was real friendly, and not inclined to leave. I had seen a truck parked down the road, so suspecting that was the hunter, I loaded up the dog, and went down to talk to him. It turned out the dogs had crossed the main ridge, and snow was too deep for him to follow the previous afternoon. So, we sat along side the road in the wee hours of the morning by a fire, drinking whiskey, until his other dog finally showed up.

That's a good one right there.

Great shot Ben, I'll admit I know nothing about those kitties, but Bobcats cornered like that add twice their body weight when P-O'ed. ;-)

Jim Flinchbaugh
03-13-2013, 09:33 AM
It turned out the dogs had crossed the main ridge, and snow was too deep for him to follow the previous afternoon. So, we sat along side the road in the wee hours of the morning by a fire, drinking whiskey, until his other dog finally showed up.

Was this by chance one or both of the Barone boys?

x101airborne
03-13-2013, 09:51 AM
I woulda never took that picture. My hands woulda been full of a recoiling weapon.
Maybe a picture of that cat doing a swan dive into the canyon if I was quick.

waksupi
03-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Was this by chance one or both of the Barone boys?

I couldn't tell you the name, this was probably ten years ago.

Jim Flinchbaugh
03-13-2013, 06:37 PM
just curious Rick, I know the 2 Barone brothers, they are absolutely gonzo for hunting and chasing lions with dogs.
Full telemetry and the whole 9 yards. They are even on call with FWP for problem critters