PDA

View Full Version : Ex Detroit Mayor found GUILTY!

Hardcast416taylor
03-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Ex Mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick was found GUILTY this morning on 24 of 33 charges of from mail fraud to bribery to extorcion. He was also charged with operation of a racketeering empire out of the office as Mayor. His father only got convicted on 1 count of tax fraud out of 4 charges against him. The associate of the Ex Mayor recieved a number of guiulty verdicts also. Only took 5 months of testimony to lay out the case, but the verdict was arrived at in 14 days. Hope Kwame likes baloney sandwichs at the state slammer, he may be having them for 20 years or more.Robert

uscra112
03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
The penultimate chapter in the story that began with Coleman Young.

R.I.P. the City of Trees.

dbosman
03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
He was only found guilty on 24 out of 33 charges and a number of charges had been dropped prior to the jury getting the case. For Kwame Kilpatrick - in Detroit - that could mean his probation just gets extended.

Wells
03-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Now the rest of the county know's we have known for years.
Wells

reloaderman
03-11-2013, 04:04 PM
It shouldn't hurt his chances for re-election !! Not in Detroit, anyway.

Cane_man
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
no kidding, if DC can re-elect marion barry, after he did time in prison, then anything is possible

Edubya
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Detroit, Chicago, D.C. or even NY they are all corrupt to one degree or another. Look in your own local government. Would you spend the thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions to be in public office if there were not the possibility to be reimbursed for those dollars and or time to reach that level? For most it starts off as as an altruistic desire that opens the doors to power and corruption. The doors open slightly then as you realize that the people have no idea of what you are doing all that you have to do is open that damn door to the riches of the public.

EW

dbosman
03-11-2013, 05:01 PM
I remember a township supervisor who had no interest in owning land who suddenly started buying all the farm acreage in two counties. Anything he could get cheap, and also happened to be in a strip. A year or so later, the state and feds announced that new interstate section and ramps were going to be built in the township. Guess who happened to own a bunch of that land? Never mind. You already know.

hiram1
03-11-2013, 06:11 PM
THUGS ONE AND ALL.But we could stop all of it.so we let them do it to us.

km101
03-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Only got convicted on 24 counts? Man, he was practically innocent! In Detroit that means he could get probation or maybe community service! He probably wont be playing drop-the-soap in the big house any time soon. The judge wont hand down a sentence for a few years to let things cool off, and then will give him a light sentence.

firefly1957
03-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Robert i hope he gets 20 years also but i think the guys in the posts above might be closer! [smilie=b:

JIMinPHX
03-11-2013, 08:04 PM
A conviction of this sort is a drop in the bucket, but at least its a start. Hopefully the courts will see fit to convict more of the criminals that hold office.

opos
03-11-2013, 08:07 PM
He should go to Washington and be in the House of Representatives along with Charlie Rangle and Maxine Waters (she's still awaiting trial)...they all fit right in.

hithard
03-11-2013, 08:09 PM
All victimless crimes, so of course this will mean house arrest and then some probation. Anything else would be cruel and unusual punishment based on what others have been given.

Bad Water Bill
03-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Well we just released 1 X governor from the Fed Pen and sent another to replace him. That clown kept screaming for SOAP ON A ROPE instead someone sent him a LARGE jug of VASOLINE.:bigsmyl2:

Looks like CONGRESSMAN Jesse Jackson Jr and his wife (formerly Chit cago city council member) are heading there. We also have at least 4 more state reps (all from the windy city) heading the same way.

Well it is at least a start.:bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

runfiverun
03-12-2013, 12:37 AM
they'll just bust him back to community organizer, then run him for the senate.

wallenba
03-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Detroit bumper stickers: "My son made parole on the first try".
"My child is a trustee at DEHOCO''.
(Detroit house of corrections):bigsmyl2:

Junior1942
03-12-2013, 07:37 AM
A conviction of this sort is a drop in the bucket, but at least its a start. Hopefully the courts will see fit to convict more of the criminals that hold office.The voters convicted his mother. They kicked her out of congress.

41 mag fan
03-12-2013, 07:41 AM
they'll just bust him back to community organizer, then run him for the senate.

And then for POTUS

Case Stuffer
03-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Mind explaining how we could stop it?

Most of us more honest / sincere folks do not have millions of dollar,corrupt contacts in the goverment, originized crime, do not have a law degree and did not attent Ivy League collages with frat buddies who fathers have more contacts than a swam of hungry mositios at a nudiest colony.

We could stop it one shot at a time but somehow being shot in return or being found guilty and sentanced to life or death by the state does not seem very compelling at this time. Remember we do not have the funds and the contacts.

Don Purcell
03-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Personally, whenever an elected official is convicted of all the things this thug did he should at the very least be put on a rock pile sunup to sundown with a sledgehammer. The first thing I thought he should stood against a wall and shot but that would be too quick but at least we would not have to feed the b@#%^&d.

Case Stuffer
03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
but at least we would not have to feed the b@#%^&d.

One of my major grips for many years. I need to do more recent research but many years ago it cost like 40K a year ($110 per day) to house a prisioner in a Fed. pin. I know some local county lookups cha5ge other counties like $60 per day and they are supposely doing them a favor.

Days of work farms where they at least providesome revenue and put in a honest dayswork are long gone. We coddle the juilty and punish the innocent.

Prisions are great business these days and thus why most are now private business enteprises but guess what us tax payer still foot the bill.

blackthorn
03-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Here's an idea that ought to appeal (especially all the Union haters)---contract out the prison system to Algeria or Turkey! I bet they could house one of eath's scum for a lot less than 40K a year!

Hardcast416taylor
03-12-2013, 02:07 PM
A point that was brought up during the all day news over coverage was how he gave a stirring and passionate speech at the Dem convention for Kerry, some years back. Also giving a similar speech was a no-body named Obama. Kilpatrick was a rising political star, they kept saying about him, and a possibality for loftier political positions were actually near his grasp. About all I can say about that is "Thank GOODNESS he didn`t get beyond DEEEETROIT!Robert