PDA

View Full Version : What goes around comes around

Jim
03-10-2013, 05:28 PM
I came home Friday afternoon with a used but very good condition Marlin model 60 for Janet. I had it on layaway and she had no idea. She was very happy to say the least.

We went into Christiansburg today for our monthly trip to 'the big city'. I was taken to Outback for a nice ribeye and then taken to the package store whereupon I was told "Get a basket".

Wise investment in a relationship yields good returns.

Love Life
03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
MMMMMMMMMMM. Your initial investment has paid dividends.

Rattlesnake Charlie
03-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

That's "sipp'n whiskey"!

Love Life
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
What is this "Sip" you speak of?

TheGrimReaper
03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey reminds me of home!!! I'm from Lynchburg.

TXGunNut
03-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Life is good @ Jim's house these days! I used to keep Evan Williams around for my dad, good stuff. He's gone now and I finally finished that bottle for him. I got another to celebrate his birthdays and such. May have to try the small batch, I love sipping a fine whiskey now and then.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-10-2013, 06:43 PM
What ? No George Dickel ? :)

Rick N Bama
03-10-2013, 07:10 PM
What ? No George Dickel ? :)

It’s obvious that the man enjoys good Whiskies….hence no George Dickel:)

Rick

x101airborne
03-11-2013, 01:23 AM
I guess that is why there is no Rich and Rare in the pic. LOL.
Blends are great for mixed drinks. Not so much for sipping. My BIL did give me a bottle of Crown Royal that cost over 100.00 for a quart. (or whatever the metric equivalent is) Good drinking stuff especially when the bottle is in an ice bath. I aint picky, I like em all and R&R is my favorite mixed drink, but when I have a little extra to spend, a good GlenLevit and soda with a twist is real nice too.
On a hot day, I like a gin, soda and lime. Or (you are gonna laugh) real sweet iced tea with a good heavy dose of tequila and lime. That is usually reserved for after digging post holes all day.
When fishing from the bank with a cane pole, I like the gin, soda and lime drink. Very refreshing. Martinie's after working cattle. Beer while minding a BBQ pit. (Also works well as a mop)

Katya Mullethov
03-11-2013, 03:06 AM
On a hot day, I like a gin, soda and lime. Or (you are gonna laugh) real sweet iced tea with a good heavy dose of tequila and lime. That is usually reserved for after digging post holes all day.
. (Also works well as a mop)

It is of some import to the self sufficient ,South Texas sort ,that one can make award wining wines and other more potent if not absolutely floral libations from prickly pear tunas ...or so I'm told. The jury is still out on mesquite beans which contain up to 30 % fermentable sugars and a roughly equal amount of non- fermentable Bruchid beetles .

With prickly pears alone one can live, but with prickly pears and mesquite beans, a person will get fat."
J. Frank Dobie

http://s7.postimage.org/5qt13b7yi/TUNA_CROP_2012.jpg

Randy C
03-11-2013, 04:58 AM
[smilie=p:

dudits
03-11-2013, 05:05 AM
nice score! i sure do miss drinking :(
that jack single barrel would be my choice.

slim1836
03-11-2013, 05:32 AM
What, no Crown Royal Maple? Heard it goes well with pancakes.

Slim

Stephen Cohen
03-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Now there is a wife who knows the way to a mans heart. Enjoy.

cbrick
03-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Something wrong with that picture, it appears those bottles are only for decoration as none of them have been opened. Sippin whiskey is for enjoying not admiring. :mrgreen:

Rick

nanuk
03-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Blends are great for mixed drinks. Not so much for sipping. .... but when I have a little extra to spend, a good GlenLevit and soda with a twist is real nice too.

I found The Glenlivet to be more like a blended

When I want a smooth scotch, for me anyways, it is Glenfiddich.

if I ever win the lottery, I'll buy a bottle of each they carry...

winelover
03-11-2013, 07:44 AM
I found The Glenlivet to be more like a blended

When I want a smooth scotch, for me anyways, it is Glenfiddich.

+1 on the Glenfiddich!

Winelover:drinks:

blackthorn
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
NO FILLER IN SCOTCH!!!! EVER!!!! No water (not even frozen), No "mix" of any kind.

Jim
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
I drink my sour mash and bourbon straight. Mixing it with ANYTHING just delutes the taste.

TheDoctor
03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Call me a wimp, or maybe I just have overly sensitive taste buds, but I HAVE to dilute mine. Generally, with coke and ice. Granted, I drink so much Jack single barrel, I have a 3 year old bottle that's only missing about 4 ounces! Little more on the bourbon. Have a bottle of Rowans Creek that's about the same age, and is missing about 6 ounces...... Have a bottle of Crown in the fridge that's been there about 5 years, and still has the same remaining ounce in it.

Olevern
03-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Ya'll enjoy; I'm saving my money to buy guns.

53caddy
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
It’s obvious that the man enjoys good Whiskies….hence no George Dickel:)

Rick

Dickle has a select barrel that is good sippin

firefly1957
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Good stuff.

dudits
03-11-2013, 08:02 PM
thedoctor, it sounds as if maybe you need company!!!

palmettosunshine
03-11-2013, 08:03 PM
I drink my sour mash and bourbon straight. Mixing it with ANYTHING just delutes the taste.
I agree. Now what time would you like me to come by?

Jim
03-11-2013, 08:31 PM
I agree. Now what time would you like me to come by?

Well, since I'm originally from South Ca'lina (Cha'leston), you can drop by unannounced when you're good an' ready! :bigsmyl2:

DIRT Farmer
03-11-2013, 10:01 PM
In my much younger days I had a slight problem with the flavor of burbon, I really liked it, some (my wife) said I liked it to much. Now a days I only buy the good stuff and being a cheap skate will only take a shot or so and make it last the evening. The Evan Williams is a truly great tasting sipping wiskey and enjoy it when my friends aren't around to see me drinking what they think is second shelf.

swheeler
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Never tried the EW but both the JD's are fine, good job Jim!

Bulldogger
03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
I never liked JD, but EW is OK when it's my only choice.
How is that 1873? Never tried that one.
I keep trying all there is and always come back to Wild Turkey and soda. I am developing an appreciation for Bulleit lately though. I stopped keeping it in the house when my little sister, living with me at the time, was snitching all of it. She's about 90 pounds soaking wet, but watch out when she starts drinking whiskey.... Now that she's moved out, maybe I can have Bulleit in the house again.

Bulldogger