PDA

View Full Version : The only good thing about the ammo shortage

Fly
03-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Been to the range alot here of late.I have had it all to myself.I guess the smokless
powder guys don't want to shoot up there supplys of ammo.

Fly:-P

Mike Brooks
03-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Went to a gun show yesterday. No shortage of anything.

izzyjoe
03-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Been to the range alot here of late.I have had it all to myself.I guess the smokless
powder guys don't want to shoot up there supplys of ammo.

Fly:-P
i hear you, i have'nt shot a CF in month's. but when the weather get's better, it's time to drag out the smoke pole.

TheGrimReaper
03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Not here. Everytime I go the range hoping to relieve the berms of some lead, they are packed with folks shooting.

Nobade
03-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Pretty amazing that it is different in various parts of the country. Range is pretty deserted here in Albuquerque. Even the normally well attended action pistol match this weekend had maybe 6 people, and nobody is showing up to our silhouette matches anymore.

I am going out this morning to shoot my Vetterli with homemade powder and boolits - about the same tech as a muzzleloader. Wish I had a better flintlock though, I'd rather use that.

-Nobade

Hellgate
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Just read the results from a practical rifle match held locally (NW Orygun)this saturday and there were about 50 shooters. That was a normal attandence for their "assault rifle" match. Ammo & components are not on the shelves anywhere around here. Don't know about ammo at local gun shows other than prices are high for ammo and folks asking 2K+ for ARs at the shows. I can wait.

dragon813gt
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Wish it was that way by me. On Saturday there were close to fifty people at the club I frequent the most. So I went to another club I belong to and there were about ten there. Luckily they were leaving as I was shooting pistols and they're pistol range is 25 yards. Walked up to 7 yards and had at it for about fifteen minutes until more people showed up and I had to go back to 25 yards. No fun with a new 22 pistol that you recently purchased :(

Texantothecore
03-16-2013, 01:31 PM
I was at the range a few weeks ago and there were at least 100 people shooting or waiting in line to shoot. All of the slots were full a this outdoor range. Lots were jammed with cars, etc.

I remarked about the large number of people at the range to a range officer and he replied "The only people here are those who have enough ammo to shoot. Imagine what it would be like if everyone who wanted to shoot this Saturday actually came out."

rupe01
03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Man, i feel so lucky that i have a piece of property that allows me to have my own range. I'd hate to have to wait to shoot all my weapon varieties. I am sure it is interesting chatting and seeing what other guys are shooting too, though.

bob208
03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
yes it is nice to go out the door up the hill and you have the range all to your self. finished up an nice 50 yd. back stop this fall. in the spring i have to redo the 100 yd.