PDA

View Full Version : Twins?

Jim
03-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Anybody remember the movie, "Twins", with Arnold and Danny DeVito?

This is one of my 'coon huntin' buddies, Rocky. He came to the card shoot yesterday at the 'coon club an' we got to cuttin' up an' actin' fool. I got another fella to snap the photo for me.

Can't tell us apart, can ya'? :bigsmyl2:

Charlie Two Tracks
03-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I can't tell at all! You must have used some kind of photo altering device to copy yourself.

cbrick
03-10-2013, 10:21 AM
I worked on that show. If DeVito were also in that photo he would only come up to Jim's shoulder, pretty short. One thing never ever done on any show that DeVito is in is the telling of "short" jokes. The man does not take well to them. He's the only person I have ever seen climb down from a golf cart. :mrgreen:

Rick

Jim
03-10-2013, 10:39 AM
I worked on that show. If DeVito were also in that photo he would only come up to Jim's shoulder, pretty short. One thing never ever done on any show that DeVito is in is the telling of "short" jokes. The man does not take well to them. He's the only person I have ever seen climb down from a golf cart. :mrgreen:

Rick

Untill I was in my thirties, I was very self conscience about my stature. People would tease me and it really bothered me. I finally realized God made me the way he wanted me to be and I accepted it. Now, being a little older and wiser, I realize the man is on the inside, not the outside.

My REAL friends pick at me, but do it because they like me. If they DIDN'T pick at me for being just over 5 ft., I'd be worried they were upset with me about something.

I've learned to be tough enough to be 5 ft. in a 6 ft. world. Most men aren't tough enough to handle that. Obviously, Mr. DeVito is not mature and secure in himself.

Even though Rocky is 6 ft. plus, he's my buddy and we have more fun than you can get a permit for pickin' at one another. I'll tell him "Mind, boy, I'll whoop ya' like a rented mule!" and he just laughs. Rocky sees me for what's on the inside and that's how I know he's my buddy.

gkainz
03-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Where's the LIKE button? :)

oneokie
03-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Is his nickname "tiny" and yours "bigun"?

stubshaft
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Looks like the spitting image of you Jim!

Olevern
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Brother from another mother

fatelk
03-11-2013, 10:11 PM
I've got two boys who are that way. Big brother is 7, and little brother is 2. Little brother is a big boy, personality included. Big brother outweighs little brother by less than 5 pounds.

I know big brother is going to get short jokes as he grows up. I hope to raise him to be secure in who he is. He's smart so he'll do fine. He takes after his Grandpa (his namesake), who is just a hair over 5'. He's a tough-as-nails retired logger, and the nicest guy you'd ever meet. At almost 80, he not only still runs a chainsaw, but he goes out on his property, cuts down a tree, and takes it back to his portable sawmill to make lumber. :)

GaryN
03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
I got a buddy like that. We are always on each others case. I've had people ask me why we hang out when we obviously hate each other. They have no idea. We just get a kick out of harrassing each other. But he is my best bud. We laugh when we get away from people and tell each other what "they" said. I told him once "the reason I always go hunting with you is because you are the only one stupid enough to go where I go" . I also told him if he got hurt I would make sure and get him out of the back country even if it took two trips. But we are joking each other. The other people just don't know us well enough to tell the difference.

felix
03-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Jim, if you ever visited my house I would be embarrassed. My doorways are not tall enough for you to fit through. ... felix

Blacksmith
03-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Doppelgänger!

Even the hats match!

Spawn-Inc
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
i would say of mice and men is more like it!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DBRAIVJO2kY/UPgfr3u8KNI/AAAAAAAAAAo/lRHXqs56D3Y/s1600/of_mice_and_men_ver2.jpg

not to insult anyone's intelligence!

DLCTEX
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
If he grew a full beard I couldn't tell you apart.