PDA

View Full Version : As a Gentleman, what items do you have for your daily adventures?

WILCO
03-10-2013, 08:45 AM
When I go out and about on my daily adventures, I like to have a rugged pair of shoes, a hanky, pocket knife, Zippo lighter and a time piece such as my favorite wrist or pocket watch (Non digital). For the inclement weather, I like to wear my SFC (Sheet Fok Coat: "Sheet!" if it gets dirty, "Fok!" if I spill my coffee on it.) with a cap and gloves.

What do you folks take on your daily adventures?

41 mag fan
03-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I take my foil hat, socks and underwear with me.
The hats so the gov't cant hear my thoughts, the socks so they cant use ground penetrating sound waves to hear my thoughts, and the foil underwear is in case I get abducted by aliens, they can't do any anal probing and insert a tracking device in me to monitor where i am at or am going :bigsmyl2:

cloakndagger
03-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Wool fedora (indiana jones pattern) most days, unless i'm going to the coast, then its a heavily raked panama jack. For cold weather one of my leather bomber jackets, sheepskin gloves, egyptian cotton scarf. Pocket litter usualy includes an imco super triplex lighter, a pocket watch and fob, and either my victorinox cadet or opinel #6.

shooterg
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
As long as my ballcap is on my head , the S&W is in one pocket and the Leatherman and some cash in the other, I'm good.

imsoooted
03-10-2013, 11:55 AM
pocket accessories: swiss army pocketknife, zippo lighter(for the wife as backup) wiljen's little zoomie, and the few pennies this boolit obsession has left me...o yes....my leash(cellphone)

Love Life
03-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Pocket knife, wallet, smokes, lighter, chapstick. a thick sturdy belt. On occasion I carry a gun, but usually some knuckle covers will take care of most anything.

I have a beanie on in the winter and a ball cap on in the summer. I fold the bill of my hats and I do not pull the hat down over my ears. Kids these days...

We are talking about going out in public right?

x101airborne
03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Yep,
Phone, lighter (or two), small flashlight, two pocket knives, a coil of 550 cord, plastic baggie with toilet paper, one of my various handguns, loose ammo or extra magazine, a folded plastic sheet in another bag and a partial roll of duct tape or electrical tape, partial roll of flagging ribbon, rabbit in distress mouth call, and a granola bar and some water (sometimes). That is my general bum around kit. But I am usually on private property not far from either my truck or a house of some sort.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Besides the normal daily clothes, Winter and early spring in MN, that includes what the MN farmer calls a Chore coat and Boots. Wallet and a jug of water.

btroj
03-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Phone, wallet, keys, watch

VladViscious
03-10-2013, 12:21 PM
On days I go in to work, Keys, Buck 186C folder clipped to front right pocket, Pocket change, wrist watch, paracord bracelet, (made by a friend in the Sand Box) 2 GB Thumb Drive with Medical, Dental records and emergency contact info, Right Rear pocket Wallet with usual wallet stuff ans folding money (wife has that), Left Rear, two folded Lint Free cloths, and a folded Heavy duty paper towel, Front Left pocket Tin of Stache Bomb Stache Wax, Cree Ultrafire WF-502B flashlight. Left wrist Casio G-Shock solar Chronograph wrist watch. Felt Hat, Fedora style or ball cap, with appropriate jacket for weather. If it is a non-work day, add to it either my 45ACP commander with two spare mags or my Ruger Vaquero 357 with a 6 round slider.

TANSTAAFL!

oldarkie
03-10-2013, 12:22 PM
specticles,testicles,wallet and watch.

7Acres
03-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Maratac automatic wristwatch, pocketknife, stick of lip balm, small flashlight, keys, wallet, sun glasses and usually my tiny 380 or my 3" 1911 in a ITWB holster on my sturdy belt.

429421Cowboy
03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
At work: Pockets hold my SOG Flash II, lighter, earplugs, money clip that Miss K had made for me by Montana Silversmiths, wallet with backup knife in it. I wear Double H cowboy boots, they are some heavy duty leather, or pacs in the winter during calving, my MHT 10X beaver cowboy hat in the summer, Stormy Kromer during the winter, Wranglers and shirts depend on the day, and my Super Blackhawk over it all, on a heavy belt, held up by a big A Sliversmiths buckle. This is enough to get me through most anything, combined with what's in my pickup. I either wear a Carrhart coat or an oilskin drover jacket if it's raining.

In town, same as above, except Kahr PM9 and Surefire light unless i am going to school and have to go without a gun. Of course that may all be subject to change soon if they pass the bill to let us carry on campus!

TXGunNut
03-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Sturdy shoes and clothes are a given, my habits and job require them.
A Cold Steel Voyager and a Leatherman Sidekick for cutlery, a AA LED flashlight for illumination, a smartphone for information and a KelTec P3AT or a Colt Defender as social equipment for when diplomacy fails. I don't wear a cap unless the weather calls for it-which is increasingly common these days.

geargnasher
03-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I never leave the house without fire and a blade.

Gear

David2011
03-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Going to work and going elsewhere are almost two different lives. My job is professional in an oilfield environment so casual wear is normal.

Work: Company camo or NRA baseball cap, specs, easy open Buck knife, ball point pen, iPhone, safety boots. Portable XM/Sirius radio if I'm gong anywhere that day. It's a long way between offices and radio stations.

Everywhere else: .40, the same Buck knife, cap or hat depending on expected exposure to the desert sun. There's always water, a first aid kit, para cord and other survival items in the truck. It stays in the truck no matter where I think I'm going so it's never forgotten. If I'm going hunting or slope soaring (R/C gliders) in the desert then I add a .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk with a mix of snake and big loads, snake leggings, small survival pack.

David

catch 22
03-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Keys,comb,clip (money),and knife.....if going to work add smartphone.

stubshaft
03-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Lighter, pocketknife and wallet are my essentials.

SlippShodd
03-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Left front pocket: Money clip w/enough to get me out of trouble or make an emergency gun buy, Victorinox Gentleman's knife for cleaning/trimming my nails/picking teeth/pulling slivers,with a Micro-Light dangling from the split ring, Benchmade Mini-Reflex (clipped to pocket) because I can't open any knife but an auto with my left hand. Right front pocket: Spare change, primary Knife-du-Jour (clipped to pocket) (currently a 3" Gerber Bear Grylls I found in the desert a couple weeks back). Watch pocket: Small, round, flat Buck knife with a super-sharp 1" blade and a bottle opener. Hip pocket: Swiss Army card wallet with IDs, essential plastic, business cards and spare keys to the house and truck. Other hip pocket: A can of chew or a Wilkinson Arms Auto-Nine, depending on the social situation. If the snoose is in a breast pocket, I'm packing the light artillery. Always a belt capable of comfortable, long-term holster support, so there may be a Colt Officers ACP IWB, or a Walther PP IWB, in which case one of the hip pockets may have a spare mag in it. Left hip has an original Leatherman in its leather case on the belt.
The stuff in my truck could support a family of 5 under any set of emergency circumstances except nuclear holocaust (direct strike). My friends don't even question any more whether or not I might have the most arcane thing possible that can be dug out of there.
I should at least carry a mini Bic, but got out of the habit when I quit smoking 13 years ago. Zippos require too much attention and go dry if you aren't monitoring them daily or I'd still carry one. Like someone else said, at least have a backup for my wife who could lose her lighter in the shower.
I have a great waterproof carrier for strike anywhere matches for when I'm in the boonies hunting or fishing; it's an old Benzedrex tube, about the size of a tube of Chap-Stik.

Oh, and most days a cell phone clipped to a pocket or belt somewhere, unless it's one of the ever-increasing days that I'm feeling Reclusive and I "forget" the SOB somewhere inconvenient...

mike

6.5 mike
03-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Now that I'm around the house more, a 36 s&w, spare loader, & a gerber folder I used on the boat for years. In town, 96 beretta centurion & spare mag, same knife & what ever else finds it's way into my pockets. I used to have money, but have now forgotten what that is,lol.

Love Life
03-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Dang!! I now feel under prepared for my daily activities!! Some of ya'll carry what I use for hunting, not going around town. I don't say it in a bad way, but dang.

lreed
03-10-2013, 02:33 PM
:bigsmyl2:My sock-boggin cap,my camelflodged T-shirt,Payday brand bib-overhauls,and if its Sunday,underdrawers and shoes. Always a shotgun. It is Sunday,dang these shoes are killing me! lreed

jcwit
03-10-2013, 02:38 PM
My glasses, couldn't find the car door without them, cell phone, wrist watch "chronograph", keys, bill fold with money usually $1000.00 bucks and credit cards, and a comb for my bald head. Other than what was mentioned, I normally wear Dockers, casual dress shirt, and dress shoes 'I hate sneakers', leather jacket or coat and Veteran BB Cap if weather dicitates.

Oh Ya how could I forget, my sidearm in a leather holster, and my hearing aids.

historicfirearms
03-10-2013, 02:44 PM
357 mag snubbie, leatherman, lighter, pen, wallet, glasses.

Ajax
03-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I carry case pocket knife, wallet, 6 ft of 550 cord, 550 cord bracelet, 9 mm on my hip and pocket money.

Andy

Iowa Fox
03-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Here is my routine since forever (70s), Right front pocket Bauer 25 ACP, Left front pocket drivers license, cards, cash, small pocket knife, one spare car key in case I lock the keys in. Right rear pocket a comb, left rear pocket a folded handkercheif.

scottiemom
03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
wallet, keys, cell phone, two pens, pencils, black sharpie marker, highlighter, chapstick, magnifying glass, leatherman, knife, tape measure, ibuprofen, inhaler, couple of books, coupons, small notebook, sunglasses, needle and thread, safety pins, flashlight, altoids, and if on a car ride, my knitting.

Chihuahua Floyd
03-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Pockt knife, 3" pliers, ball point pen (2), Wallet, comb, personal keys, office keys, hopefully some cash.
Jeans, work boots, suitable shirt and cap, coat(w/ gloves, scarf and knit cap) or jacket if needed.
CF

TheCelt
03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
"Texas Toothpick" pocket knife, Kel Tek PF9 with an extra clip, $40-50, Magnesium fire starter

Baron von Trollwhack
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Big sis is listening.

ISP is sending your comments to one of many goobermint electronic cloud data centers. Programmers/analysts there are sifting, sorting, updating, collectivising, analyzing, categorizing, and assigning you a threat code. Just in case you are called up for assignment to a fema reindoctrination lesson.

Personally I only ever take a hanky and some bubble gum and rely on unicorns, police, or liberal doo gooders for help.

BvT

Love Life
03-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Big sis is listening.

ISP is sending your comments to one of many goobermint electronic cloud data centers. Programmers/analysts there are sifting, sorting, updating, collectivising, analyzing, categorizing, and assigning you a threat code. Just in case you are called up for assignment to a fema reindoctrination lesson.

Personally I only ever take a hanky and some bubble gum and rely on unicorns, police, or liberal doo gooders for help.

BvT

Wrong thread for that.

Love Life
03-10-2013, 10:01 PM
wallet, keys, cell phone, two pens, pencils, black sharpie marker, highlighter, chapstick, magnifying glass, leatherman, knife, tape measure, ibuprofen, inhaler, couple of books, coupons, small notebook, sunglasses, needle and thread, safety pins, flashlight, altoids, and if on a car ride, my knitting.

Not fair!! You get to carry a purse. If I could carry a purse and still have dignity I would have a whole bunch of stuff!

KYCaster
03-10-2013, 10:02 PM
specticles,testicles,wallet and watch.

Pretty much what I carry, but if I didn't have to keep up with billable hours, I wouldn't even own a watch.

I take my foil hat, socks and underwear with me.
The hats so the gov't cant hear my thoughts, the socks so they cant use ground penetrating sound waves to hear my thoughts, and the foil underwear is in case I get abducted by aliens, they can't do any anal probing and insert a tracking device in me to monitor where i am at or am going :bigsmyl2:

It's too late to avoid the alien tracking device, but the hat and sox sound like an excellent idea.

Wool fedora (indiana jones pattern) most days, unless i'm going to the coast, then its a heavily raked panama jack. For cold weather one of my leather bomber jackets, sheepskin gloves, egyptian cotton scarf. Pocket litter usualy includes an imco super triplex lighter, a pocket watch and fob, and either my victorinox cadet or opinel #6.

Man, you been watching too much TeeVee!

Jerry :popcorn:

SlippShodd
03-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Not fair!! You get to carry a purse. If I could carry a purse and still have dignity I would have a whole bunch of stuff!

Exactly!

bayjoe
03-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Pocket knife

Bulltipper
03-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Leatherman EOD supertool, wallet, cellphone, G36, Boxer dog, truck keys.

Bulltipper
03-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Bayjoe, yoou don't take that boxer dog witchyou?

jmort
03-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Here in California no gun, but surprised at least one or more of you does not carry pepper spray. Pepper spray can solve a whole lot of problems. That and a large Cold Steel Voyager.

Love Life
03-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Good call on the pepper spray.

larryp
03-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Cell phone, a good pair of comfortable work type cowboy boots, Western hat for protection from the elements, Silver Stag Elk skinner knife on my belt, Gerber multi-tool, S&W 649 .357 in a Safariland pocket holster, Safariland speed loader. If I'm in the woods then the S&W is replaced with a Colt SAA 5 1/2" in .44special and the Elk Skinner is replaced with either a Silver Stag Damascus Bowie or their new Happy Camper damascus heavy butcher knife.

DIRT Farmer
03-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Check oil wells every day. Pencil and day book, Buck wrangler, zippo, (quit smoking a few years ago, just more comfortable with it) cell phone with emergency #s,meds and ICE #s, pistol of the day, rifle of the day, ammo (meth country) Chewing tobacco and grease rags. Pipe wrenches always and guager tape.

Adam10mm
03-11-2013, 01:22 AM
I do not pull the hat down over my ears. Kids these days...
I want to throat punch those guys! My son (6yo) is the opposite. He pulls his hat down so hard it smooshes his ears a bit.

I wear Dickies cargo pants for work and wear them during the week.

Right front pocket- iPod with earbuds to listen to outdoor and homebrewing podcasts at work, folding knife with 4 inch tanto blade
Left front pocket- keys
Right rear pocket- wallet
Left rear pocket- business card wallet which includes business cards, appointment cards, and emergency contact card
Right cargo pocket- cell phone
Left cargo pocket- chewing gum, coins
Belt- Leatherman Super Tool (the original from the 90's) and a flashlight

Outside of work where I can carry a gun, a 1911 is on my hip and backup magazine is on the other hip.

I like to go out lightweight. The heavy duty stuff is in the vehicle. First aid kit, fishing line and accessories, hatchet, tow strap, extra clothes, blankets, rope, hammer, screwdrivers, duct tape, zip ties, backup ammo, tarp, and two flashlights.

Wal'
03-11-2013, 02:10 AM
A hat........must have a hat on...........whichever hat is my favorite at the time...... and of course my teeth. :bigsmyl2:

shooter2
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Hmmnn... Good question.

either a Swiss Army knife or a Benchmade AFCK depending on where I am going, hanky, money clip, wallet, watch, car keys, good sturdy shoes, blue jeans or cargo pants, top(s) for the weather, Tilley hat, and perhaps other stuff depending on circumstances.

Epd230
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I carry keys, wristwatch, pocket knife, cellphone, wallet with too many credit cards (living the American dream), and Glock 21. Unfortunately, too much time in the kitchen allows for easy concealment of this large framed item.

sundog
03-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Keys, pocket knife, wallet, and cell phone (tethered to main frame at work). I do not wear a watch, as I took it off the day I retired from the Army. 'Time on target' is not so critical in the civilian environment. 'Roscoe' is a constant companion; 45 acp is the ultimate in close quarters personal protection.

Harter66
03-11-2013, 11:02 AM
I never leave the house w/o my Shrade 885UH or OT340 , 1 of several pocket tools w/2 screw drivers/pliers/wire cutter. I mostly wear boots of the Red Wing and lately a quality side arm. Here in the shadow of the Sierras daily truck bits include light jacket,light parka or wadder coat,flashlight,handyman/high lift/farm jack,30 ft of chain and a 25ft 3000# ratchet strap.

bbs70
03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Here in California no gun, but surprised at least one or more of you does not carry pepper spray. Pepper spray can solve a whole lot of problems. That and a large Cold Steel Voyager.

Its been a while since I heard and it might not be true anymore, but here in Illinois pepper spray, mace, knives with blades 3" or longer and of course guns are all counted as concealed weapons and therefore illegal here in Il.

Just can't have any fun in this state.

For work or just going about everyday activities, wallet, glasses, boots for work & tennies for home.
Oh, and an iphone so wife can call me to let me know some useless information.

1Shirt
03-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Cell phone, Leatherman, wallet, keys, Retired AF ball cap!
1Shirt!

Kull
03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Well disregarding favorite coat, shoes and stuff I always have my pocket knife, my wallet, and my gun.

MT Gianni
03-11-2013, 12:17 PM
If going to work I have wallet, cash and coin, cell phone, leatherman, sparker rod & steel, mini-leatherman, notebook, light, coat & ball cap. Recreating I might leave out the notebook and add the gun of the day. Survial pack is an all our rigs except the motorcycle.

Epd230
03-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Its been a while since I heard and it might not be true anymore, but here in Illinois pepper spray, mace, knives with blades 3" or longer and of course guns are all counted as concealed weapons and therefore illegal here in Il.

Just can't have any fun in this state.

For work or just going about everyday activities, wallet, glasses, boots for work & tennies for home.
Oh, and an iphone so wife can call me to let me know some useless information.

Not true anymore. Law changed awhile ago. Blade length no longer is an issue. Chemical sprays are okay too.

I do remember sales of pepper spray being restricted to women and LEOs, but do not know if that was law, or simply the policy of that evil large gun shop in West Dundee.

km101
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Wallet, watch, money clip, phone, keys, pocket knife, small flashlight, sunglasses. Outerwear changes with the weather. This past weekend it has gone from 32degrees to 80 degrees, so you have to dress accordingly. Lots of variations. Oh yeah, I usually have my "buddy" a S&W model 60. It's such a part of my normal apparel that I almost didnt think of it.

bbs70
03-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Not true anymore. Law changed awhile ago. Blade length no longer is an issue. Chemical sprays are okay too.

I do remember sales of pepper spray being restricted to women and LEOs, but do not know if that was law, or simply the policy of that evil large gun shop in West Dundee.

I stand corrected.:lol:
Laws in this state change so much I don't even try to keep up on them.
Are stun guns still illegal, they use to be considered concealed weapons some years ago.

I think I read it on this forum that wasp spray works real good on potential attackers.
Spray distance is greater than with pepper spray.
Still not as good as a firearm, but I doubt a jury would convict you for using it, but then we have Chicago.

higgins
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Pocket contents vary depending on where I'm going, but I always have my Thermos brand stainless steel thermos of coffee. I got the thermos in late 1974 and it's been with me just about every day since. The cup is long gone (I always have insulated cups in my vehicles), and the second or third screw-in cap is broken around the edges where I've dropped it or it's rolled out of my truck. It was my constant companion at work in the office or field, it's been on all my personal outings, and now I just carry it to the basement when I go down there, which is where I spend most of my time at home.

Cesure
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Keys, Gerber 500 lockback, small change, cell phone, wallet in one back pocket, TP in a ziplock bag in the other back pocket. I spend a lot of time in the woods far from a civilized place to pinch a loaf.

Moonie
03-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Phone, keys, wallet, Swiss army knife (Wenger) and a 1911, full size or officers, depends on my mood although I have started carrying my new 6" SS Security Six on occasion.

bayjoe
03-12-2013, 07:20 PM
No the boxer has more fun running in our 500 acre front yard, sides she farts !!

imsoooted
03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
the problem with pepper spray here in the republik ov illinois is that all the bad guys have GUNS.....

Artful
03-12-2013, 08:13 PM
specticles, testicles, wallet and watch.

Besides these - I carry Cellphone, Wilgen group buy light, keys, pocket knife, for work I have tool bits that fit my screwdriver/drill/impact and smaller LED light.

In vehicle always have spare spec's, water, TP, emergency candle and fire making - if I have my Murse/fanny pack it contains Pistol two extra mags another flashlight and swiss Army knife, check book, Multitool (either Gerber or Coleman), Bic and firestick, compass, hard candy and assorted pills.

Para82
03-12-2013, 08:43 PM
At work- small knife(2.5 blade or smaller because of regs) usually Buck55 or Spyderco dragonfly,keys wallet Iphone and Leatherman P4. Off work- Benchmade original Elishewitz Stryker,Leatherman SuperTool and either a G26,Springfield 45 compact 1911, or Ruger SP101 and spare reload for whatever I have on me.
Para82

45 2.1
03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
the problem with pepper spray here in the republik ov illinois is that all the bad guys have GUNS.....

Yep... ain't that the truth. Some of them are issued too.

SlippShodd
03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
At work- small knife(2.5 blade or smaller because of regs) usually Buck55 or Spyderco dragonfly... Off work- Benchmade original Elishewitz Stryker,Leatherman SuperTool...Para82

The dragonfly rocks. My wife carries one of those or a ladybug. I just bought a set of 3 of the Spyderco minis at a gun show and started packing one of them for a bit. I retired my Elishewitz Stryker, but I can see it from here. Absolutely the finest one-hand knife I've ever carried, but it was a treasured gift from a treasured friend and years upon years of daily use have taken its toll on the blade. I intend to carry it into Benchmade on one of my frequent vacations in Orygun and have them refurbish it while I stand there and watch.
And I've never gotten past the original Leatherman; mine has passed the original warranty period and I had it out fixing an angle grinder on a job today.

mike

Epd230
03-13-2013, 07:43 PM
I stand corrected.:lol:
Laws in this state change so much I don't even try to keep up on them.
Are stun guns still illegal, they use to be considered concealed weapons some years ago.

I think I read it on this forum that wasp spray works real good on potential attackers.
Spray distance is greater than with pepper spray.
Still not as good as a firearm, but I doubt a jury would convict you for using it, but then we have Chicago.

I don't know about the stun guns. I don't think they are outlawed. They are a blessing when properly used. I saw a 50 lb aggressive dog put on his rear in a nano second by one. Pretty effective. Biggest obstacle that I see with them is the fact that they are configured like a handgun. This was done on purpose for training. Too many cases of an officer using his sidearm and killing someone when he thought he was using the taser. The Philly transit cop is the best example as it was caught on video. LEOs went to cross draw to counter that, but who knows?

I would think that any chemical in spray can would be effective when sprayed in the eyes. The benefit of pepper spray is that there are no long lasting effects. Wasp spray in your eyes might not wash out and leave properly working eyes behind. Pepper spray is packaged in an easier to carry bottle than the Wasp spray. You probably won't have criminal issues if you get attacked in your garage and used the wasp spray, but a civil case would have some teeth.

destrux
03-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Every day I've made a habit of carrying a slim 2AAA LED flashlight from Terralux and a normal sized Swiss army knife (victorinox) in addition to my wallet, keys and phone. If I'm leaving the house I take my keltec PF9 in my desantis softuk holster.

Nothing all that interesting I guess. I get a lot of use out of the light at work. It has a bite grip on the back which is great when you need both hands to work.

Beau Cassidy
03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Left wrist timex watch. Left 4th finger a reminder of my best friend. Left front pocket- Gerber LST, small cloth for my glasses. Right front pocket keys (usually 2 pair) with my first dogtag on the loop, the smallest Victorinox Swiss Army knife, and a CRKT knife, change, 2 pens. Right hip HK P30 .357 sig. Right rear pocket- wallet, sometimes note paper. Left rear pocket empty.

Trey45
03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
J Frame and a Galco suede pocket holster. Keys. Phone. Some kind of knife. Wallet. Watch. Glasses. Flashlight.

shtur
03-20-2013, 12:07 AM
When I was younger, always a condom. Now a good knife and and debit card.

WILCO
03-21-2013, 08:33 AM
When I was younger, always a condom. Now a good knife and and debit card.

Funny how folks learn. :)

missionary5155
03-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Good morning
I never leave home without a Gerber. 10 years now it has been the larger Easyout with the clip hooked on the right front waistband. Before was a long green handle Silverknight.
2nd is a 38 Special... 5 shots or 6 those nice small or medium frames with a Hip-Grip but no quit everyday.
Mike in Peru

Argentino
03-21-2013, 10:14 AM

I do.
Phone, keys, wallet, watch and a small Sabre Red. On weekends I also add a Victorinox Voyager or a Boker Magnum Law Enforcement.

Gibbs44
03-25-2013, 08:16 PM
As always, I've got my beard, knife and funds of some sort. Gotta be prepaired.

armedmoose
03-25-2013, 08:31 PM
I carry a messanger bag with me to work and everywhere I go Inside are: note book, pens, old Kindle, check book, wallet, 125 Lumen Lenser LED Flashlight, Hand santizer, Advil, 160gb Classic Ipod, headphones, & Android Phone.

On Person I have a Kershaw pocket knife, Fenix AAA E-01 flashlight on keyring and my Springfield XD-S in a IWB holster.

Father of 3 toddlers, I feel like a pack mule at times...

gnoahhh
03-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Pretty much nothing, but my wits. Other than a cell phone (who doesn't anymore?) I don't weigh myself down with any of the trappings of the modern survivalist. I haven't had a ball cap on my head since circa 1988. Pocket knives wear through the pockets and outer layers of my jeans, so I put them aside years ago. I haven't lived anywhere that allows concealed carry of pistols for about 25 years now, and frankly I don't miss it. A wallet is about it.

WILCO
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Bump!

WILCO
08-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Another bump 1 year later!

Pb2au
08-07-2014, 01:39 PM
ok, I will help out here.
1) I never leave the bunker without wearing a pair of shoes I am comfortable walking home in.
2) Pocket knife.
3) Lighter.
4) Wallet/cash. I love me some cash.
5) unless I am flying, my pistola.
6) Proper clothes for weather/area.
7) Proper outer gear for weather/area.
8) Cell phone. Not a necessity, but is a useful tool.
9) Lock pick set in my backpack.
10) Tin foil cap with adjustable chinstrap.

1989toddm
08-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Boots, belt, knife or leatherman, small Streamlight, keys, 12' tape measure, soapstone, wallet, and cell. Some days a hanky, Chapstick, and usually a Bluetooth and safety sun glasses. I just weighed my jeans (with everything in them) and boots the other day..14 pounds.

MBTcustom
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Leather belt (made and tooled by me) and suspenders.
Starting from the top:
Wide brim hat (straw in the summer, XXXXX beaver Stetson in the winter)
Glasses with side shields.
Starrett drill/tap card and 6" pocket scale (ruler).
Pencil, pen, marker, and cell phone.
Leather wallet, keys, Opinel #8 pocket knife, Copenhagen, Ruger LCP pistol.
Leather boots.

I keep a Bible and an M1A in the truck (along with just about everything else I could possibly need.)

mac60
08-07-2014, 09:55 PM
A clean hanki, a sharp knife and a pistol.

schutzen
08-07-2014, 10:27 PM
EAB knife, keys, phone, large handkerchief, wallet, & a .38 stubbie. Summer I'm topped with a wide brimmed straw hat (farmer hat most days, but I have dress straw too). Winter I change to a Fedora and a medium weight cloth jacket. The truck is stocked with flash lights, batteries, cords & straps, tools, pens & paper, spare ammo, and usually a rifle.

doc1876
08-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I like a good resurrection!

1) Stetson, never without at least one
2) two pocket knives, one Swiss army, one lockblade
3) wallet with fake us currency ( I didn't print it, they did)
4) western boots for occasion, depending on the weather as to which kind of construction, leather or rubber soles
5) attitude
6) bifocals ( getting so I can't see anything
7) Cell phone, gps turned off
8) usually a watch.
9) most of the time one of three pistols. (sometimes all three) & reloads

Garyshome
08-07-2014, 10:50 PM
A cooler and a Truck Full of Tools!

27judge
08-07-2014, 11:59 PM
1. casual clothing to fit the season
2. ball cap and tennis shoes
3. wallet with 200 cash and a cell phone
4.buck folding hunter knife
5. Kahr PM 9 9mm in a galco summer heat with 2 clips (with MD and PA carry permit)

762 shooter
08-08-2014, 06:39 AM
Phone, knife, light, money, pistol.

Gator 45/70
08-08-2014, 07:22 AM
At home,
watch, knife, tape measure, finger nail clippers, phone, Smith 19-5
At work, No 19-5

Petrol & Powder
08-08-2014, 10:21 AM
* A 25+ year old Spyderco knife.
* A mechanical, automatic (self-winding) watch
* Some J-frame, K-frame or SP101 revolver
* A smart phone that's way smarter than I need
* keys, money & wallet

jaysouth
08-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Now that I am retired and can roam and prowl at all hours, I keep two vehicles well stocked with necessities. Digging through my BUG bag, I found something labeled condoms. I can't remember what they are for.

1Shirt
08-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Clean drawers and socks, Leatherman, smart phone (no longer need a watch), wallet, and car keys.
1Shirt!

Petrol & Powder
08-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Clean drawers and socks, Leatherman, smart phone (no longer need a watch), wallet, and car keys.
1Shirt!
I don't need a watch with a smart phone, I want a watch ! It's the smart phone I'd like to get rid of but, alas I cannot !!:-o

Comrade Mike
08-08-2014, 11:22 AM
-my iPhone
-money clip in my back pocket given to me by my dad when I was 8 or 9
-wallet with credit cards
-my good luck charm
-keys
-pen and a knife clipped to my pocket on my right side

Smoke4320
08-08-2014, 11:47 AM
two pocket knives, one Swiss army, one lockblade
wallet
Cell phone, gps turned off
watch
Taurus Judge
extra rds in pocket

Summertime sunglasses and hat

markshere2
08-08-2014, 10:02 PM
cell phone
kershaw folder down in the pocket
Wallet, slimmed down as much as I dare.
Some kind of pistol, usually a S&W bodyguard 38 spl +P...depending on destination & route.
Cheapy AA LED flashlight from china, throws about 200 lumens.

No watch ( cellphone),
No hat unless its sunny or rainy,
No comb because I keep the hair buzzed down
No lighter because I quit smoking 26 years ago

My vehicles have bug out bags / git kits.

srtolly
08-09-2014, 12:55 AM
At work, keys and a wallet to go with the bifocals. Everything else is in a backpack.
Not working, wallet, keys, pocket knife of some sort (carried one since I was 8), usually s 1911. Everything else I could need is in my truck.

autofix4u
08-09-2014, 02:45 PM
A Drury University ball cap with tinted safety glasses on it. Pockets contain wallet, benchmade knife, Ken onion knife Zipp lighter, Bic lighter, pocket change including a Bicentennial quarter I have carried for 25 years and have no idea why. Key Ring on belt loop and a Walther Ppk iwb holster. Wrangler 13mwz jeans and double H work boots.
That's my work attire. I go with a 1911 for casual wear.

markshere2
08-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Necrothreading!!!

Hearing aids
phone
$1.99 walmart lockback knife - I lose knives.
$3.99 single AA aluminum flashlight
Wallet
Pistol du jour - depends on destination.
Driving glasses

no watch no lighter no IFAK none of that stuff- it's all in the vehicle.

sigep1764
08-10-2018, 01:13 AM
Watch
Wallet
Kershaw Folder knife
Keys with multitool
Gerber Dime multitool
Cell Phone
Sunglasses
Backpack for work stuff

lightman
08-10-2018, 08:35 AM
I tend to travel light. If I'm just going up town I'll have this on me:
Wallet
Swiss Army Knife
Keys
Seacamp 32
Cell Phone

In the truck:
Glock with 3 mags
Ear Muffs
Flash Light
Fire Starting Device
Small Tool Bag w/basic hand tools
Jumper Cables
Battery Powered 1/2 inch impact + A set of deep sockets
A pair of quality tweezers
Head Knocker
3/8 in chain and tow strap
First Aid Kit
Windex and roll of paper towels
Phone charger

Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

bedbugbilly
08-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Wallet, phone, constant glucose meter in my pocket, a good Barlow style knife and most important, my good luck Irish token that my wife gave me a long time ago.

Chad5005
08-10-2018, 12:26 PM
I guess wheelchair first,old timer,ball cap,cash and 1911

Char-Gar
08-10-2018, 02:25 PM
All cotton gimme cap, wallet, phone, keys and handgun.

Texas by God
08-10-2018, 03:02 PM
A cap for my bald head, Swiss Army officers knife, an SOG blink pocket knife, wallet keys and phone. In the truck I've got a bunch of stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

rl69
08-10-2018, 05:25 PM
K bar shorty on my side, more maker folder in my pocket,bick lighter( stop carrying a zippo when I quit smoking) wallet,steal toe boots,and a straw hat.

Shopdog
08-11-2018, 04:42 AM
CB bolt action,rifle dujour with small pack of varmint/predator hunting tools and stuff..... never claimed to be a gentleman.

Big Tom
08-11-2018, 07:59 AM
For me it is whatever firearm I decided to carry that morning (most likely a Glock 22 or Springfield XDS in .45), my Gerber Skeleton tool, Phone (compass and LED light even when no coverage, plus plenty of music...). When in more rural areas, taking the dogs on a hike, add on paracord wrist band, in small backpack a life straw, small phone charger, sun screen, bug spray, some water and dog treats ;-)

robg
08-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Pocket knife, zippo lighter, reading glasses ,wallet and a watch .for longer trips leather Aussie hat and a compass and something to eat and drink .

robg
08-11-2018, 08:11 AM
I also have a little led torch/flashlight that lives on my keys aa battery powered

GhostHawk
08-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Normal wear is T-shirt, cotton in summer, polyester in winter. Ice house flannel lined pants year round.
Cheap cammo mocs on my feet, a camo ball cap.

In my right pocket is a Ganzo 728 assisted open knife, 3.5 inch stainless steel blade.

In the lanyard hole is a small length of bead chain. Clipped to the bead chain is a small flashlight, a homemade whistle made from a .243 brass and a .22lr brass. And a firesteel, ie ferrocerium rod. All 3 are on their own small clip so any one can be removed quickly and easily.

The clips are sold for small dog leashes.
Firesteel I bought several at a reasonable price similar to this.
https://www.amazon.com/FERROFIRE-Survival-Ferrocerium-Firesteel-Bushcraft/dp/B07CYD6KMN/ref=sr_1_1?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1533992965&sr=8-1&keywords=3%2F8+x+4%22+firesteel

A little copper wire, a little JB weld and it is with me for the duration, no sharp points sticking out. Same for the whistle.

The flashlight runs for 40 hours on a single AA battery. It has proven itself to be very handy over the last 2 years.225356

higgins
08-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Coffee in the heavily-dented Thermos stainless steel thermos that's been with me practically every day of office, field, or travel since the fall of 1974.

Lloyd Smale
08-11-2018, 03:47 PM
ball cap, folding knife, and an lcp in a wallet holster for me. No phone needed. If someone wants to talk to me they can come over when I get home or call there. Text me and you will be dead and in the ground before I answer it or even learn how to.
As long as my ballcap is on my head , the S&W is in one pocket and the Leatherman and some cash in the other, I'm good.

dale2242
08-12-2018, 08:15 AM
My pocket knife, my wrist watch and unfortunately lately my cell phone.
At 76 at got trapped in the electronic age...dale

Hossfly
08-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Cell phone, Case fold yellow knife, CZ75, ball cap or straw brim type hat. We live rural, like woods. Never go anywhere outdoors with out gun, cell, knife.