PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Crossroads of the West gunshow/sale...Sat. 3-9 Wow!!

opos
03-09-2013, 06:44 PM
For months the citizens of the city of DelMar..just North of San Diego at the county fair grounds have been trying to shut down the Crossroads of the West gun show and sale...an event that has been at Del Mar several times a year for a very long time....big to do and whining on the part of the City bleeding hearts...well the show is today and they had people lined up in the rain as early as 2am last night...I have a friend that arrived at 7:30 for the 9am opening..he got in the gates at 9:30...went to the Miwall "tent" and was in line for over an hour and a half...was able to buy a little ammo and a few things. He told me that while they were waiting to get in there were people that had gotten right at the beginning that were coming out with 4 wheel carts stacked high with ammo and AR parts...they were overwhelmed with the turnout and now estimate the crowd for the 2 days will be over 35000. The Del Mar city fathers (and mothers) better take notice...thats a ton of revenue for them...This shows me just what's really going on...I've gone the past few years (getting too old now) and it was about a 20 minute wait...no sweat to buy pretty much what I wanted....but not this year...huge turnout....huge amount of really big buyers...cars still streaming in to the overflow parking lot at noon. News and pics at 11.

LUBEDUDE
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Unbelievable

My brother was thinking of going there this morning. And decided not to fight the mob.

Glad I have everyhing I need and don't have to worry about such frenzies.

Bent Ramrod
03-09-2013, 08:30 PM
The Ventura Gun Show was pretty much a disaster this weekend. I've been going there for 20 years and never seen it so diminished. At least a quarter of the tables were unsold, and of the ones that were running, almost half had stuff that had little or nothing to do with guns on them. Miwall didn't even bother to show up; I guess they have no ammo to sell any more. What powder there was was going for up to $30 a pound, primers were $40 a thousand and .22RF was $10 a box of 50 on the few tables that had any.

They closed the Del Mar Show down for a year or two back in the '90's and it was never the same when it finally came back. Used to be in the two buildings with the Mariachi outside them, over by the Race Track, last time I went it was in one smaller building all the way down toward the main entrance. Haven't been there for a couple years; maybe I'd better pay a visit while they are still around. The County Supervisors don't give a rat's about the revenue gained, if the Pomona Gun Show was any indication. They just closed it down and charged the taxpayers for the lost revenue.