PDA

View Full Version : Challenging Times

TXGunNut
03-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Can't go into specifics here but my cart is loaded. I'm the executor of my dad's estate (and being sued by someone he tried to help), trying to help my mom who needs a higher standard of care than she wants (and more than I can provide) and hoping the X-GF doesn't blab about things she saw and imagined while she was here.
I'm going into battle on multiple fronts next week and I know that without God's help and a few prayers I won't make the right calls.
TIA.

smoked turkey
03-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Sounds like you are loaded down for sure. Scripture says in Psalms 55:22 to cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall. I am praying that He will do that for you on all fronts.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-09-2013, 09:11 AM
I ask that God's peace be with you and the Holy Spirit guide your decisions.
Life can sure become interesting at times can't it.

MBTcustom
03-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Do not let fear be your focus. Concentrate on doing what is right, and if that is not enough, then so be it. God will work out your needs and those of your mother. Rest in that.
Prayers are sent. Keep us updated, and we will help you along the way.

kenyerian
03-09-2013, 09:24 AM
You've got my support with thoughts and prayers. Good Luck. All storms pass.

selmerfan
03-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Do not operate from a position of fear. Operate from a position of assets - what is positive in the situation, and trust that God works in all things for good, in spite of some of our best efforts. :) Peace be with you.

MBTcustom
03-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Do not operate from a position of fear. Operate from a position of assets - what is positive in the situation, and trust that God works in all things for good, in spite of some of our best efforts. :) Peace be with you.

That sounds so trite, but it is incredibly good advice. I have come to regard fear as one of the worst enemies. It makes you do stupid things that you kick yourself for years over. In situations like this, it is so incredibly important to keep reality as your base of mental operations. Fear is not reality; it is a constantly shifting perspective of things you cannot control. It is quite literally sinking sand. Force yourself to focus on reality and don't give fear a place in your mind.
The Bible tells us not to fear 365 times. I wonder why that is? LOL!

Love Life
03-09-2013, 11:12 AM
I will pray for you.

Best advice I can give is keep a clear head and slow down. Do not act on the moment or the emotion. Whenever a decision is to be made STOP!!! Think for a few seconds, or minutes, or hours, and then move into it.

DLCTEX
03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Good things have been said so I will just add my prayers.

TXGunNut
03-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Best advice I can give is keep a clear head and slow down. Do not act on the moment or the emotion. Whenever a decision is to be made STOP!!! Think for a few seconds, or minutes, or hours, and then move into it.

Thanks for the advice and prayers. When I take the time to think things thru I generally make the right decision. The situations don't scare me, making decisions that could have a detrimental effect for others does cause me a fair bit of concern.

km101
03-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Some great advice there for you and all of us. May God grant us the wisdom to use it. Remember He is with you every step of the way.

Uncle LeadisBetter
03-09-2013, 05:16 PM
TXGunnut,
I'm sitting in Hobby International trying to get home, Reading on the site waiting for flight.

Please don't take this the wrong way your last sentence of post I'm going to say it like this: I know with GOD's help and a few prayers I will make the right calls.

Stand Tall and Strong and keep your Faith Strong, Let GOD give you the words to speak.

Take care

scottiemom
03-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Psalm 91- i hang on to that. hope it will help you as well

Blacksmith
03-13-2013, 11:49 AM
If you trust in God things will turn out in the way that is best even if that is not what you think you want.

Having been involved in estates my advice is slow down. Settling estates moves at a slower pace than most of us are used to in the modern world. Take your time it will get done.

Bullet Caster
03-13-2013, 03:40 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to ya. Hang in there. God will sustain you. BC

shooter2
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Not knowing the specifics I offer this advice for your consideration, hire an attorney. What may be right is not always what is legal. JMHO...

square butte
03-13-2013, 09:58 PM
We have just passed through the same fire in the last year and have come out the other side. Passing of my Mother, and a bad situation with a mentally ill brother with severe health care issues - and crooked lawyers. I can tell you that we prayed our way through every inch - And were provided for each and every inch of the way when there looked to be no way - One piece at a time - We were given earthly angels to assist with what was infront of us. The gift has been a dramatic increase in faith - and a sense of peace. Our household sends prayers your way. No matter the outcome - God has a hand on you in this situation.

TXGunNut
03-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks for all the support and advice, will review Ps 91.
I've been using attorneys, getting a bit worried about the latest one. Young, pleasant enough, but I need a cranky old pit bull who remembers who's feeding him. I'll give him one more strategy meeting/pep talk and see what happens in the next step. We have a winning hand and he's looking for a reason to fold. I think the other attorney has him buffaloed.
I'll beat this guy legal, shooter2. Other guy is a crook, I'm not. I want to keep that distinction between him and me very clear to the judge and jury, if it comes to that.

missionary5155
03-14-2013, 05:21 AM
Good morning TXGunNut
I will also pray God gives you His wisdom and understanding in all that transpires. May His will guide you and His Truth keep your feet set on His path of Righteousness. May you reflect Truth to the many who walk in darkness having no idea that eternity is just a last breadth away. May Praise to Him flow from your lips (and mine) daily remembering we are washed by the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and in Him are the hiers to all creation.
Mike in Peru

shooter2
03-14-2013, 08:03 AM
My son in law is an attorney, a Christian, and all around great guy. I hope you get someone like him and will pray for you and a good outcome. S2