PDA

View Full Version : I had a good day

MBTcustom
03-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I have started to type this post four times now. Suffice it to say that God got ahold of me this morning, and I listened. I confessed some sin that I have been dealing with, and got right with God. I prayed for longer than I have in years, and it wasn't like I had to try either. I was so happy to have that crud out of my soul, that I just wanted to stay right there for a year or two!

I have been a Christian for 20 years now, and I still just can't seem to resist trying to do things under my own power. Today, I told God that he was the master of my life, and my number one allegiance goes to Him and Him alone.
I just can't do this anymore. I am exhausted trying to be righteuos under my own power. Today, I took rest in Jesus, and I'm still there. He will give me what I need, and will be my defense and my strength.

I was so very much at piece when I got to work, I grabbed a friend of mine there, and told him the whole conversation that I had with the Lord on the way to work. I had a spring in my step, and a smile on my face, all day long.

God bless all of you! If you have anything that is gnawing at you, I hope that you can come to a place where you can confess that to Jesus and get a slice of what I had today. He is the Lord, and he does care for you. If you surrender to Him, you will have more power and piece than you can fathom, and no fear of anything that life can do to you or your family and friends. This is just preschool and a fun game. Eternity is reality.

45nut
03-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Amen Brother

RP
03-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Praise GOD you blessed me by sharing that. I fall short a lot and pray I will more of the man I need to be.

TXGunNut
03-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Thanks, Tim. You've given me the strength to give my troubles to God. My brother knows my troubles and his Bible opened to Psalms 37.

MBTcustom
03-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Psalm 23 states: "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever"
While I was studying this awesome scripture, I was searching the meaning of each word in Hebrew with the Strongs concordance.
"Shall follow" is the Hebrew word Raw-daf. It means to hunt for relentlessly. Therefore, no matter how far we run from it, screw it up, or try to destroy it, God's goodness and mercy will hunt us down and invade our hearts, if we are His people.
Like a stray lamb, we can run, but eventually the Shepherd will find us and bring us back to safety, no matter how far we run. He is relentless, stubborn, constant, and he does not sleep.
No matter how far we get, piece will find us. With a shepherd like Jesus, we are never really lost.

smoked turkey
03-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Good on you Tim. May the Lord bless you, your family, and your business.

MBTcustom
03-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Oh he is!!!! I tell you what, if a tornado was coming through, I would consider getting me and my family into that little bluing shed because it sure seems like God wants it built and little things like supplies and money are being taken care of in miraculous ways. He literally put things in motion a month ago so that the materials and money show up at the right time for this.

I am very blessed.

selmerfan
03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
God continues after us, God waits for us, God watches for us, God runs to us with open arms! God is persistent and faithful, and whenever we feel like God has abandoned us, it is a call to repentance, to re-turn our live toward the God who loves us, saves us, and has called us and claimed us as a child of God in the water and promises of baptism. Peace be with you.

45nut
03-09-2013, 12:49 PM
He literally put things in motion a month ago so that the materials and money show up at the right time for this.

:-) He draws us closer ...........

DLCTEX
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Tim, that is such as great place to be in your relationship with God. I have to wonder why I stray from it and have to come back to it. I used to think the children of Israel were so dumb to turn away from God so quickly after the things God did for them when they left Egypt. I have come to know I am just as dumb as they were, but thankfully Christ made a way for me to come back and make it right again and again.

EMC45
03-13-2013, 10:39 AM
We try and fail. Our righteousness is as filthy rags. Take rest in the True Holiness and Righteousness of Jesus! It's His Righteousness that is our righteousness.

newton
03-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey, just found this sub forum today so I know this is a little late coming but wanted to comment anyways.

First off, glad you had a good day...that day...lol. But what I enjoyed also is to see that you like to dive a little deeper into things than just surface words on pages. I think it gives a good example of the fact that the words written in the pages of the Bible are chocked full of really deep things. Its the old iceberg thing. What most people see written down is just the tip of the enormous things that are available for those who desire to look deeper.

One thing I found, a few weeks back was like this, in regards to God's wrath. It goes along the same lines as what you have found of Him pursuing us. God's wrath is often thought of in a negative way. But in all honesty when you look deeper, it is a very positive thing toward us. Very comparable to Him pursuing us.

Sure, I guess its a negative, in a way, toward those who will be consumed by it. But all too often I see that those who are not ones who will be consumed by it, view it negatively. When in reality its a purifying thing that happens. To us it should be one of those things that when we think about it, it should show us just how zealous God is for us. And above all, never should we view it as a "deserved reward" for those who will be consumed by it. Moses sets the most perfect example for us in this regard.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

Bullet Caster
03-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Good for you, Tim. It warms my heart to know that others are searching for a deeper meaning concerning the things of God. Think it not strange that God will chastise you. He chastises those He loves. I know when it's time to confess to God through Jesus Christ the things that I must confess. Sometimes God will lay a burden upon your heart that cannot be shaken off until you acknowledge Him.

We all need to come to that realization that you've gleaned from a conversation with the Lord. Now we have a sub forum where we can go to seek help and prayers from others as well as give them in return. This is truly the best site on the internet. BC

shooter2
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I too am in AR. The extreme NW corner. If you're in the area let's have coffee. My treat.

missionary5155
03-14-2013, 05:33 AM
Good morning and AMEN ! That is refreshing to read. I will add your name to my Colosians 1 : 9-18 list.
"Come unto Me and I will give you Rest" . Those words mean alot to me also. I also chose and choose daily to enter into His rest that is offered. I cannot imagine having to face this world alone trying to be something that is not real inside.
May your heart be filled with Praise to Him who makes life all possible and a thrill to be a part of.
Mike in Peru

MBTcustom
03-14-2013, 07:18 AM
God is good.

Shooter2, I will be in your area, and I enjoy free coffee, so I'll take you up on that. I'm in central Arkansas, so if your down my way it's my treat.

Newton, I have never experienced Gods wrath, and I never will. Chastisement (ie exceedingly effective discipline) is the correct term.

I was raised in a Christian home, and taught to read and study scripture. There came a time when I innocently thought "Gee, I think I want to join this Christian thing" because it was expected. I said the prayer, they dunked my skunk and I was in like Flynn. Unfortunately, I had no idea that there was a real spiritual war going on, and by accepting Christ, I was part of it. Satan saw my naivety, and thought he would take advantage of it. He tempted me, and I bought it hook line and sinker. I made the worst mistakes of my life at that time, and came to a point where I was completely broken in my spirit. The blinders were off, I was no longer sitting in my high seat, I was alone, ashamed and broken. Then I called out to Jesus and understood what I was asking when I asked for his forgiveness. I understood that this is not a game. I understood that I wasn't going to slide into heaven on my own righteousness. I thought I was so good but I nailed Him there on the cross and betrayed him. It was my first act as a Christian. Got something in my eye just now.

So, that's how I started this journey to where I am now, and I find that as I go along and try to walk humbly with my God, He shows me more and more things that need to be confessed and brought to light. I keep my ear to the ground, and I have never been in that dark place again. I watch for Gods direction, and try to make it as easy as possible for him to guide me, but some things are buried so deep, that it takes years for him to bring them to the surface. That's what happened the other day.
Of course now comes the part where I have to surrender that to Him, and inject His peace into that part of my life daily.

newton
03-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey, us Arkansas boys can all get together sometime if your coming up this way. I sure wish I would have had time to stop by when I was down your way last week.

I sure hope you don't experience His wrath - ;-) I did not mean for you to think I was saying that's what you were experiencing. I hope my comments will be taken in the respect of just looking deeper into what the "English" words on the pages of our "contemporary" Bibles actually mean.

I am no Greek scholar, but I learned a while back that if you want to really chew on something look into what the Bible was originally written in. Study that, and let the Spirit feed you some real meat.

I saw that this is what you were doing and just thought I'd share the 'steak' I got the other day also. But I guess sometimes regurgitated food does not look the same to others as it did going in. :D

Wayne Smith
03-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Tim, I am constantly reminded of the most all encompassing definition of sin in the Bible. "For all have sinned - and fallen short of the GLORY of GOD."

This describes my entire existence. The very best I can do, the most righteous I can be, is but "filthy rags" before God. The "filthy rags" in that verse refers to a woman's used menstrual cloths! That's what my best is worth. Without God I am nothing, I can do nothing of value. With God all things are possible.

I'm glad you are understanding this. It truly makes life possible.