PDA

View Full Version : what a surprise today!

scottiemom
03-08-2013, 09:20 PM
My hubby came home today, walked in the door and told me to shut my eyes. Being the obedient wife I am I complied with his request. "Here, I bought this for you" he says. "I have had this on layaway for you, I wanted you to have this."

I open my eyes - he bought me my very own rifle!!! A Marlin model 60 with a wood stock and blued finish. Scope to be applied soon.

"Oh Jim" I said. I was speechless and totally blown away as I am not easy to surprise.
Two minutes later we were out on the front porch shooting at the target across the road. Wow!! what fun.

I am so excited!!! Can't wait till the weather warms up and I can start really shooting the thing.

Am I a lucky woman or what!

Floydster
03-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Do you have a sister?..

Smokeyloads

472x1B/A
03-08-2013, 09:27 PM
You go girl. Be easy on the ammo for now though unless Jim has a couple cases stashed away.

foesgth
03-08-2013, 09:57 PM

SlippShodd
03-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Funny what turns some girls' cranks. We've been married 28 years coming up and I've managed pretty well over the years with the bling and what not when it comes to surprise gifts. Early on I gave her her own pistol for her birthday, though she eventually decided she'd rather pack a revolver. So one Christmas we apparently both had the idea of seeing to one anothers' protection: She gave me a sterling silver St. Christopher, I gave her a .38 Special LadySmith. A couple of her wishlist gifts have led to me having to ask before I can borrow them; one year it was a belt sander, another was the year of the power-washer.
To whoever asked if ScottieMom has a sister -- I may have already married her.

mike

Jim
03-08-2013, 10:03 PM
You go girl. Be easy on the ammo for now though unless Jim has a couple cases stashed away.

Oh, you can b'lieve ol' Jim's got that bet covered! :bigsmyl2: I'm old, but I ain't stupid.

wallenba
03-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Do they still put the little squirrel on the stock?

DCP
03-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I have bought the wife several guns.

The last was a S&W MP 22. I took it to the range 3 or 4 times to (break it in)

So now WE go to the range. I show her everything she needs to know and turn her loose.

So in a few minutes, I here "I really like this gun" then 3 or 4 times in the next 30 minutes.
Then she says. "Isn't this my gun, the one YOU bought for me."

Drat, I knew she would like it. Now the only way I will shoot it again is leave her at home. (I best not break it)