PDA

View Full Version : Castpics Update

wiljen
08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Sundog is passing the torch to me as caretaker of castpics.net. Many of you know this site as the lyman mold pictures.

It has also been a home for pictures of the members here, special project info, recipes, and other documents associated with casting.

I was looking through the cast of characters and some I haven't had the pleasure of meeting. Many of you who I have met, I can't find pics of. Please send me your pics so we can include you in the cast.

felix
08-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Way to go, Will, and thanks!!!! Corky has done the thing for too long now, and it is somebody's turn for sure. Please update the history link. ... felix

Char-Gar
08-13-2007, 09:05 PM
How is the money holding out? I am willing to send a few bucks your way to keep it going.

Buckshot
08-13-2007, 11:51 PM
...............I wish that site had a hit counter on it. It'd be up in the hundreds of thousands by now :-)

................Buckshot

beagle
08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, buckshot, give us a money status. If you need some, I'll kick in too./beagle

NVcurmudgeon
08-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Many thanks to Sundog for his years of service. Wiljen, thanks for taking Castpics over, and please let us know if you need money. My picture on Castpics is a mere fifteen years old, and it's amazing, but I haven't changed a bit.

trk
08-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Sundog - thanks for staying the course! Castpics is a great reference.

WIljen - be vocal on letting your needs be known. (It's also good to keep on the surface so new folks find about it too.)

scrapcan
08-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Sundog and now Wiljen,

I thank you both for past and future efforts at castpics. Castpics is how I found the old shooters forum and then the couple of incarnations that got us here to where we are all today. Without cast pics I probably would not have found the cast boolit forum.

Please let the needs be known.

sundog
08-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Thank you, Will. I know it's in good hands!

The rest of all y'all (that's Okie fer y'uns, or as the say in more sedate and gentile places of the world, all of you), I am sending Will the 'kitty'. Two hunert eighty clams. Looks like we're okay for now. Will can call for support as needed.

Now, I will say this, if you just really have to part with some of your money, I'm sure Will would stuff the kitty.

waksupi
08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Don't forget a big thanks for Tommy. I believe he got the ball rolling.

sundog
08-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Ric, thanks for bringing that up. Thanks, Tommy. And thanks, Felix, his teacher. Being a teacher is an awesome responsibility, and Felix and Mrs Felix raised a fine pair of lads! I suspect it was mostly her doin'.

For any the rest of you (all y'all in Oklahomese) read the 'About' section on castpics.

wiljen
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I talked to the host today and got our server updated to handle MySQL and PHP scripting. This will allow us to database backend the pictures etc rather than creating a new page for each user. This should dramatically speed up the time it takes to add new content once I get the initial setup done.

wiljen
08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I have revamped "The Cast" and the "Leadhead Meatgetters Society" pages today using the new tools and will be working on revamping the rest of the site over the next few days. Please bear with me as I make the changes as links may occasionally be down as I update/change things.

Buckshot
08-22-2007, 02:29 PM
...........I sure appreciate the work you've done!

............Buckshot

wiljen
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
The new version of castpics.net is now up.

For some of you that means a few changed bookmarks. if you get a 404 error, please go to the main page and use the menus to find what you are after. I promise it is there, just rearranged a bit.

For others, this is your chance to add content. I have added some classic threads from this forum to give them a permanent home and will be adding a collection of articles by Beagle and others as they arrive and time permits.

If you have things you think belong on Castpics, let me know it either by PM or at webmaster@castpics.net

And remember Castpics is your site, I'm just responsible for seeing that it stays up and running. So let me know what you want to see.

Wiljen

fatnhappy
08-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Will,

They new face of cast pics looks great! I'm impressed at how easy it is for a neophyte to navigate now.

Dean

Marlin Junky
08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
I have taken a look at some of the data on the castpics site (particularly the 35 Whelen) and was wondering if there is any record of boolit hardness that goes with this data.

MJ

trk
08-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Great job on the facelift!

I'll be sending you some stuff to post on moulds (drawings of group buy moulds).

THANKS!

Buckshot
08-30-2007, 12:17 AM
...........Just went and checked it out. Looks very nice. I sure like the drop down directory.

...............Buckshot