PDA

View Full Version : Bought a barreled Win Post 64, model 94 receiver

Del-Ray
03-07-2013, 12:16 PM
So, it's got some rust, figure I'll bead blast it at work. But aside from having everything forward of the receiver still out it; (barrel, tube and all parts associated) it's an empty receiver.

It cost 20 bucks, so I'm happy.

I'm looking for parts, they don't need to be original. I did several searches and see there are a metric ton of places to buy from.

But figured I'd ask here first, are there any parts suppliers aside from the big names that any of you go to for parts, including repros?

I see several parts that Gunparts, and Brownels don't have. Figure if no one makes them I can wing it making them on the mill at work as well...

skeettx
03-07-2013, 02:38 PM
This will be the cheapest way

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331338047

blixen
03-07-2013, 03:29 PM
I've done a couple rifle-in-a-box projects and it requires time and patience in hunting down parts, lest the cost spiral to more than what a complete rifle will cost. Gunshows?

Del-Ray
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Indeed. Thanks to those that posted. I think....

I'm not concerned with cheap, and have plenty of time. I'll mill what I have to. Maybe all but the springs. Just was wondering if anyone had a pet company they bought parts from. Or anyone that did it here I could send the money too.

Edit:

I cleaned the barrel, aside from a dark patch an inch from the chamber it's bright and sharp. And the mag tube looks like a mirror on the inside. Now to clean the rust off the outside, bead blast, and parkerize it.

Guesser
03-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Google "classic firearms and parts LLC". He ended up with a lot of Winchester parts when FN took the name south. I found some post 64 parts at very good prices.

Del-Ray
03-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks for that! Called and talked to him, gonna get a few parts from him. Especially a bolt.

MattOrgan
03-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Try Googling Jack First. Henormally as parts for everything.