PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about relocating to Northwest Arkansas

Ol' Butch
03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Retired and wanting to get out of the Wisconsin snow, short summers. Looking in the Harrison, Jasper,Eureka Springs area.

What are the formal shooting opportunities, Pistol / rifle ranges and shotgun clubs?

How is the humidity. Can reloading and metal machining be done in a cement floor pole barn without air conditioning to prevent rust?

As a motorcycle rider and shooter this area seems inviting.

Thanks

Butch

Reload3006
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I have a farm in south central Missouri about 20 miles from north central Arkansas. Close to NorFork Lake Bull Shoals Lake. Summers are hot humidity can be high. as Far as matches and formal shooting opportunities I honestly dont know. But there are gun reloading shops around. some good others so so. then there is always Powder Valley. I like the area.

shooter2
03-07-2013, 01:22 PM
I live in Bella Vista. Way up in the NW corner and on the edge of the Ozarks. We left Minnesota just over twenty years ago and have not looked back. We do not miss the long hard winters nor the high taxes.

The summers can be hot and humid, but not brutally so. Taxes are manageable. Housing costs in Bella Vista are somewhat depressed so this is a good time to buy. There are a bunch of lakes (man made) and the fishing is good if that tickles your fancy. If you're a golfer there are six or seven nice courses and the cost to play is reasonable.

There is a gun range about three miles from my house. They have trap, skeet and a rifle and pistol range. That said, there are very few organized events. Not sure why that's the case, but it is what it is. I may just take a few people like yourself to get things moving. I have a Suhl 150 and would love to see some BR 50 shooting. And of course, I am a bullet caster and often found at the range testing.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. S2