PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled Rotten Dogs

shooter2
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
In our case, it is two English Springer Spaniels. Janet and I have had Springers for years. When our last Springer had to be put down we contacted English Springer Rescue America (ESRA).

Rewind four years and this is how it went...

A family in KC had Makena (a female) and due to some issues, (lots of young kids and pressures with a business), decided to put her up for adoption through ESRA. We drove to KC and it was love at first sight. She took over the house. Makena was six at the time.

A month later we contacted the ESRA rep in KC again as he had another dog that was found as a stray in Nebraska. Buddy, the male, was treated for heart worm and we drove to KC and brought him home with us. We estimate Buddy was four at the time.

This was the first time we had two dogs. They fell in love with each other and we found that two is much better, and more fun than one, by a wide margin. They wrestle with each other and we have never heard a yip. With the racket and growling you would think it was a real fight, but it is all in fun. They have a ball. Makena is the alpha dog, but Buddy usually starts the tussles by giving her a whack.

Yes, they are spoiled. Makena usually naps between us for the afternoon nap. They both have cages, with no doors, in our bedroom and that is their spot. They get tucked in at night and covered with a light blanket. The backyard is fenced and they own it. Walked every day weather permitting. Vets twice a year, good food, treats, tummy rubs, and all the things one does with a good dog.

They are a joy to us and give much more than they receive. Makena is now ten and Buddy eight. God has blessed us all with the unconditional love of a good dog.

popper
03-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Anyone have a dog that isn't spoiled? Heard a good one the other day. The difference between a dog and cat - you can wrap a dogs pill in bacon, throw it in the air and it's done. If you've ever had a cat you know how that works.

Jim
03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
SPOILED dog? Not in this house, brother! :roll:

kartooo
03-07-2013, 11:18 AM
We had a sign in our hallway "2 spoiled rotten dogs live here"
lost these 2 a few yrs ago, the small one ,Jan, to a bad heart.
Jake, the big one, 2 weeks later to cancer.
enjoy their time with you.

beagle
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I have one too. A rotten 6-7 year old daschund that we rescued. Has bed's like Jim's watches the computer screen on my lap and is like a kid. Rescued when her mate froze outside in a pen about 3 years ago and she's making up for lost time. Got to love 'em./beagle

Olevern
03-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Anyone have a dog that isn't spoiled? Heard a good one the other day. The difference between a dog and cat - you can wrap a dogs pill in bacon, throw it in the air and it's done. If you've ever had a cat you know how that works.

Yeah, the Amish man whose Walker hound showed up at my house injured (because he runs packs of coyotes with his dogs). He picked the dog up after I found out who owned it, dog had some lacerations on it's muzzle and a puncture in it's belly with a small piece of intestines protruding.

I saw the Amish man at a friend's house last week and when I asked him how the dog was doing, he replied "not so well, I put it down; got tired of it not coming home"

snuffy
03-07-2013, 02:39 PM

That was ziggy. He was a rescue dog that was destined to a shelter that killed dogs not adopted after 10 days.

He was a natural hunter, loved to run a jump when on a scent, with a yip at the top of each jump! He lived to be 14, but I waited too long to put him down. If you'd have seen him run, you'd know why they're called SPRINGERS!

Current dog is a golden, the best behaved dog I've ever had or seen.

His name is Arrow, as in, or from, the Harry Nielson song "me and my arrow." He does NOT leave my side as long as I'm home. If I can,(which is most times), he goes with me in the car. Loves to "go for a ride"!?

Now that I'm retired, he has me all to himself 24/7. Is he spoiled? Absouldamntiveley! He's overweight by about 20 pounds, but denying him one more treat is damn hard. I just have to have the will-power to say no!

There's a doggy park about ½ mile from home, we are both going to spend some time over there this spring/summer.

dudits
03-07-2013, 03:10 PM
i would have beat some amish ***

i spoil my mastiff "dudley aka dudits" rotten. he has his own recliner that is between me and my fiance's chairs.
he blacksmith's with me, reloads with me and does all yard chores with me.
eats expensive food, and usually gets chicken stock a few times a week "any time we eat a chicken the bones get boiled"

the brindle mastiff was named tank, he was my best friend. even went to work with me.
the apricot one is dudley and the black one is a chow named lucy. she is a loner but still very spoiled.
nice to see all yall's kids, they truly are a great part of life

the girl is my fiance :)

Triggernosis
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah, just look at my avatar picture.

white eagle
03-07-2013, 04:12 PM
spoiled nonsense my boy Jack is so spoiled it aint funny
love him to pieces though

TheGrimReaper
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
My wifes Yorkie-Poo sleeps in the bed with us, gets it's own plate at supper, goes on vacation with us, and gets to unwrap it's own presents at X-Mas.

Hyphenated
03-07-2013, 11:31 PM
No spoiled dogs at my house....

http://cedarlakedachshunds.com/

oldgeezershooter
03-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Mine helping my son fix supper!

gunfan
03-08-2013, 01:14 AM
I have two spoiled cats. Does that count? Gem is good, but Bill is a spoiled little boy! (While I enjoy holding him in my arms as if he's a little infant, cuddling him.) The boy loves to chase Gem around and harass the daylights out of her. It just goes to show what he gets away with.

E-flat spoiled rotten!

Scott

bensonwe
03-08-2013, 02:19 AM
63406I threaten Sam I going to tie him out at night with a logging chain around his neck but you can see from the pic that probably won't happen. The wife and I got Sam from the pound. We had another cocker for 14 years until she got cancer and we had to put her down. It took 2 years before I could get another dog. When we went to the pound, Sam came out from his kennel and layed down on my wifes feet and wouldn't go back to his kennel after the visit. I knew right then Sam was coming home with us. He's been with us for about a year now and will be with us until either I go or he passes. Dogs are great.

shooter2
03-08-2013, 10:01 AM
We had a sign in our hallway "2 spoiled rotten dogs live here"
lost these 2 a few yrs ago, the small one ,Jan, to a bad heart.
Jake, the big one, 2 weeks later to cancer.
enjoy their time with you.

We tried getting by without a dog when we lost our 17 year old springer Sam. It did not work so we adopted again. Now, we are committed to having at least two all the time. I know how hard it is to lose a good dog, but it is a lot harder to do without.

kartooo
03-09-2013, 12:41 AM
well.....
i made it about 2 yrs after they passed,i adopted a cat hoping she would outlive me.
she only lasted for 4 yrs.

Jim Flinchbaugh
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Nobody spoiled here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/James64/_MK02180.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/James64/clyde-1.jpg

fryboy
03-09-2013, 11:24 AM

spoiled ??? by umm our term or their's ? :P btw that's miss sweet pea suffering from sunburn and under the a/c one fine mid spring day

Love Life
03-09-2013, 11:25 AM
This is Casey. My constant and faithful companion for the last 7 years. I got her as a pup right before I deployed in 2006-2007, and my wife spent that time training her very well.

Upon returning home I have done my best to ruin that training. I let her on the couch, give her people food, let her sleep in the bed, and pretty much spoil her rotten. She goes on road trips with me and wanders the desert with me.

She is absolutely worthless as a hunting dog, and many times has run right past a rabbit.

She is incredibly gentle with my daughter. She is not a small Boxer. She is 70 lbs, and is very protective of my little girl and the whole family.

She will be 7 years old this year. It makes me sad (having raised Boxers growing up) because the big boxers really only live to be 10-12 years old, and sometimes don't make it that far.

Freightman
03-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Have I got the only vicious dog?

chuckbuster
03-09-2013, 06:29 PM
"The Kids" helping me cast .45's
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l48/CBMJake/DSC05606_zpsf58ba412.jpg

Hey this was January, it was about 25 in the garage. And yes Lily's chair is a rocker.....

Catshooter
03-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Yea Frieghtman, he looks, ah, yea, vicious, that's the work I was lookin for. Probably tore your leg off and beat you half to death with it. I feel for ya.

Cat

x101airborne
03-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh, I miss my Bonnie Girl. (Hound).

BBBRRRRAAAWWWWWWWWW........
BBBBRRRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRHHHH.

I miss that lonesome howl.
Been two weeks and I am still posed to burst tears.

Katya Mullethov
03-10-2013, 12:05 AM
I think it is the inverse at Ranchito Mullethov . The GSD's had a fetid , gray , slimy , coyote skull laying on the stoop for me when I got home from work a few nights ago . They really love me , and it is the true order of things . Maybe it was a dog , I dunno , but I ditched it quick before they pierced the potentially prion rich brain case .

I must inject that if you only have one dog you're cheating him , a companion is requisite , it's like growing corn without the pole beans to hold it up and feed it , drinking whiskey w/o a smoke , or peanut butter without chocolate .

LocoFixersbetterhalf
03-10-2013, 12:35 AM
I used to have the sweetest Blue Heeler named Blue. She got cancer and I had to put her to sleep about a year ago. She used to go every where with me. She used to sleep in the kid's rooms when they were babies. SHe was also the first dog hubby and I got together.

shooter2
03-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Oh, I miss my Bonnie Girl. (Hound).

BBBRRRRAAAWWWWWWWWW........
BBBBRRRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRHHHH.

I miss that lonesome howl.
Been two weeks and I am still posed to burst tears.

You will never forget a good pal. Please trust me on this, it helps to get another dog.

shooter2
03-10-2013, 01:23 PM
This is a good one. Catch it while you can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7AfSO2fKs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TXGunNut
03-10-2013, 02:10 PM
My Buddy's been gone for eight months now, GF ran herself off a few weeks ago so I'm pretty sure it's time for another Min Pin.

dudits
03-10-2013, 05:03 PM
i fully agree with shooter2, another dog will help you tons x101. i lost my brindle year and a half ago, and i still tear up sometimes thinkin bout him. ya will never forget and they know that.

txgunnut, it is definatley time! dogs will give ya unconditional love

matter of fact, anyone that reads this thread that does not have a dog. go get one!

Katya Mullethov
03-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Now they've brought me a spine !

Bless their hearts .

snuffy
03-11-2013, 03:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE-3aggrAHI

This is VERY long 1.5 hrs. But it's worth watching Nat geo presentation, very well done.

It traces how dogs were domesticated from wolves by primitive man.

longshot1154
03-11-2013, 04:43 AM
My Buddy's been gone for eight months now, GF ran herself off a few weeks ago so I'm pretty sure it's time for another Min Pin.

TXGunNut, I have three Min Pins right now along with a 130 pound German Shepard and those Min Pins rule the house. Lost my first Min Pin a couple years ago. He was at my in-laws at the time and died in my mother in law's arms. Had to stop on my way home from work and bring him to the Vets to get cremated, one of the hardest things I ever did.

Here's two of them. The other is blind and stays hidden most of the time.

Boz330
03-11-2013, 09:13 AM
This is Emma that I had to have put down 2 months ago last Friday. Her favorite thing when I got home was chasing the Laser pointer dot. She is pointing to the pointer in this picture. I swear she would chase it all night if I was willing to do it that long. She would harass the hell out of me if I didn't pick it up and work it for her.:bigsmyl2:

Bob