PDA

View Full Version : North Pole Alaska

Mike in TX
03-06-2013, 04:55 PM
A friend of mine is going to be in Fairbanks and North Pole for the next 6 months. He and his wife are RN's and Ryan also owns a tree business. He would like to do some fishing among other things. Anyone up that way want to meet him. He is a Texas redneck(conservative), shoots, has 2 dogs that are going with him. His wife has already got a rental in North Pole.

He actually is a nice fellow. If any desire I will give you his tele number

Mike B

1Shirt
03-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Nice little town! Half way (or close to it) between Eilson AFB and Fairbanks. Don't know if they still do it, but when I was stationed at Eilson, the Weather Detachment used to act as a go between to the North Pole post office, and would take letters for kids at Christmas to be post marked "North Pole". Still have friends there, and wish I had retired there!
1Shirt!

Friends call me Pac
03-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Tell him to try Pile Driver slough across the road from Eielson AFB. If he can find the old bridge he needs to walk downstream until he comes to a fairly large creek on the left bank. It's at least a mile walk. This was known as Pac's Place from 1985-1988. I never saw anyone else there except those that I brought with me. Grayling & rainbows just waiting to chomp down on a fly. For flys try a mesquito and a salsha pink. Warn him that a flyrod swishing back & fourth is an excellent bear call.

Combat Diver
03-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I was in Fairbanks in October training troops. Did some great sight seeing and grouse hunting was excellent.

CD

starmac
03-07-2013, 02:02 AM
The water is pretty hard right now for flies. lol There is lots of good grayling spots and some pike in the north pole area and it gets good as soon as the water softens a little.
Depending on work schedule, I could probably meet up with him. What part of texas is he from and how old is he. lol

Mike in TX
03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Ryan is from south Hades, eh Texas, Castroville specifically His children are grown so I am assuming that he is mid 40-50. Great fella. Has to be to be friends with me.

starmac
03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Is he already here, or when is he showing up. I have been all over Tx, but can't place castroville. lol

Combat Diver
03-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Castroville is 20 miles west of San Antonio in Medina county. I grow up in Bexar county (SA).

CD

Shiloh
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
The water is pretty hard right now for flies. lol There is lots of good grayling spots and some pike in the north pole area and it gets good as soon as the water softens a little.
Depending on work schedule, I could probably meet up with him. What part of texas is he from and how old is he. lol

Hows the trolling??:bigsmyl2:

Shiloh

starmac
03-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Hows the trolling??:bigsmyl2:

Shiloh
Pretty tough on a prop rig. lol