PDA

View Full Version : where will you turn?

snowman
08-12-2007, 12:20 AM
I have been buying my molds and casting equipment off ebay for a long time.

While I understand there is a lot of discontent for Ebay on this board, I'm curious as to what you feel the new Ebay ruling will do to used casting and reloading equipment prices.

shooter93
08-12-2007, 12:24 AM
ebay is still selling molds it seems....there are still tons listed but maybe they have a stop date.

IcerUSA
08-12-2007, 01:35 AM
I think the now eBay policy is on the 15th, then it ends

Bret4207
08-12-2007, 07:30 AM
As much as I hate to say it, there are somethings that I can only get on Ebay. Old books, tractor parts, things like that. They'll still be the big dog.

Scrounger
08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Something I was wondering about... Their original announcement mentioned gun parts and reloading components; they did not mention at all reloading equipment. Did they add that later? I had no doubt that they would eventually ban the equipment but I hoped there would be a window for awhile. Dose anyone know FOR SURE?

Ohio Rusty
08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe this board should solicit people that are selling their stuff elsewhere. If This board could become a central auction/selling site like Ebay has been, it would be much easier to find the things we want instead of auctions being strewn over 20 or 30 different gun boards. Word of mouth all over the intrenet that you can sell your gun stuff and moulds here would bring in good revenue for the board owners.
Ohio Rusty

kodiak1
08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
I have bought off of ebay but I have bought off of this site and a couple of others I prefer to buy off the smaller sites like this one you get better more honest discriptions and you can ask any question you want and always get an answer.
Ken.

CSH
08-13-2007, 09:41 AM
I've had a good chuckle while viewing some of the ebay auctions for reloading items that had catch phrases such as "last chance" or "get it while you can", as if there is an impending nationwide ban. The auctions will move to gun friendly sites like gunbroker and auctionarms, which won't be a bad thing.

snowman
08-13-2007, 11:43 PM
I've had a good chuckle while viewing some of the ebay auctions for reloading items that had catch phrases such as "last chance" or "get it while you can", as if there is an impending nationwide ban. The auctions will move to gun friendly sites like gunbroker and auctionarms, which won't be a bad thing.

Yes, but will the prices hold?

I dont know why I'm concerned, I've always sold all of my stuff here...none of it has ever made it past this group to Ebay.

Ebay is just where I find my prices....

snowman
08-14-2007, 12:20 AM
And has anyone actually seen the ramifications of this new policy?

It was supposed to be instated today...and there's still lots of reloading stuff up.

randyrat
08-14-2007, 05:19 AM
I should advertize FULL auto (Air soft) AK47 versions and see how they react. Big print = For the children.... Sorry i'm bitter and i told them with a letter...They responded with some CANNED comment.

Namerifrats
08-14-2007, 05:30 AM
I've been a seller on ebay for 5 years, sold several hundred items on ther and bought quite a bit too. Seen alot of constant price gouging and raised fee's and stupid policies. Had several of my auctions cancelled for listing violations while other exact items were left running. I can honestly say that I wish ebay really had some competition. Bidville, Overstock, etc. all of those are out there but they just don't have near the customer base ebay does. And until the get some real competition, all of their BS will continue. They just have a serious monopoly on the online auction market and I really hope they get toppled hard from their BS price gouging, BS policies, and 100% LACK of any form of CUSTOMER SERVICE.

CSH
08-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Yes, but will the prices hold?

I'd say those of us who mostly buy and almost never sell are hoping for some relief in that area.

snowman
08-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I'd say those of us who mostly buy and almost never sell are hoping for some relief in that area.

Really?

I've never bought a piece of reloading equipment with cash from my pocket. I always buy it in lots....someone is getting out of reloading, someone died, someone is retiring to florida, etc, so I buy everything, take what I need, then sell the rest to pay for what I bought. Auctions, yard sales, newspaper advertisements, etc.

So...I'm sorta hoping the prices hold. They are still for the most part half of what retail is, unless you are talking about some of the old molds or out of production stuff.

CSH
08-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, snowman, as they say, the market will determine the price.

Hip's Ax
08-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Nothing wrong with GunBroker or Auction Arms. I've been buying from those sites as long as EBay.

buck1
08-14-2007, 11:36 PM
I have been complaining to Ebay for a week and a half solid and havent stoped yet. It wont do any good, But one good turns deserves another. And it makes me feel better to share my distain of them, with them ....

leftiye
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Buck,
I know how you feel. Why stew when you're p!$$*d? Zumbo the b@$#@RD$!

snowman
08-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Well...I dont know if Ebay has changed policies yet, but you can refer to the classifieds tomorrow for a whole crapload of stuff!

Daddy needs a finished garage, and mommy says the checkbook is empty.

abunaitoo
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Went to them today. Shells and heads category gone. Reloading stuff still there. Funny thing is they still have a gun parts category.
"Stupid is as stupid does"

arkypete
08-17-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm not messing with them, I dropped Ebay totally.
Jim

ron brooks
08-17-2007, 07:42 AM
I just looked and 45-70, 30-30., 30-06, and 45 auto brass are all listed. Maybe they changed their mind.

lovedogs
08-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Guess I'm sort of hard-headed. If I hear of anyone who's anti-gun in any way I'm done with them. They can have the best prices and be giving things away and I won't patronize them. Period. It's like people who won't allow hunting... I hope the bears eat their children and the deer eat all their crops! That's just how I feel.

Freightman
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Amen Lovedogs! There was a farmer in the shop gripping about the hogs eating his crops and tearing up his feeders. I said I would be happy to come and shoot some! he replied $150 per hog" I said call when they eat your dog off the front pourch!
I feel the same about Ebay I am free I do not have to buy anything from them, will pay full price from Midway, Track of the Wolf ect. before I use them.

leftiye
08-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Freight, That is probably cheaper than you'd find things on Fleabay anyway.