PDA

View Full Version : one more off the short list.

Catsmith
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM
I have always wanted a winchester trapper. Never really cared which one, just wanted one. I got one yesterday! Picked up a 94ae in 3030. Looks new. Gentleman said he has not shot it much at all.

I wanted one for a brush gun but this one is aweful pretty. Oh well i have too many safe queens as it is. I can see me and jr on an island on the river wading in the grass scaring up hogs. Ill try and get a pic up later.

Now i need to slug jr and start building some medium loads for close in work. Hehehehe.

TXGunNut
03-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Cute little rifles, picked up a couple when they were cheap but they're just safe queens and occasionally eye candy. They're both too pretty for a serious hog hunt and the sights are pretty much useless to me these days. Both are pretty good shooters IIRC and I love the looks and balance of a Trapper.

6pt-sika
03-06-2013, 03:49 AM
I had a Marlin 336Y that had the 16 1/2" barrel . It came with a youth length walnut PG stock do I swapped stocks with another rifle I had and it made an excellent ATV tree stand rifle . Thing was quite accurate with jacketed and cast I might add .

Catsmith
03-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Got to play a little with jr. Gotta get used to the balance but man i like it. Will be working with the lee 150grfn. Gonna try unique but dont have a clue where to start with a load yet. Open to suggestions.

TXGunNut
03-07-2013, 12:00 AM
I started w/ 8grs Universal and worked up to 10. I didn't get any improvement after 9grs but I was shooting a little heavier boolit.

Shuz
03-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Got to play a little with jr. Gotta get used to the balance but man i like it. Will be working with the lee 150grfn. Gonna try unique but dont have a clue where to start with a load yet. Open to suggestions.

If ya got any WC 820, try 17g behind your Lee 150. Or if you have some old H-4831, try 34g. Works great in my 336 Marlin 30-30's.