PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart had ammo today!

oldred
03-05-2013, 08:34 PM
While waiting on my wife at WallyWorld today I did my usual and trekked back to Sporting goods where I was met with a welcome surprise this time, they actually had some ammo! No RF of any kind but they had a lot of Winchester and Federal 9 MM, 45 Auto, 40 S&W and 380 plus a smaller number of boxes of 357 magnum but I did not see any 38 special. In rifle ammo I saw 30-06, 30-30, 7 MM and a bunch of other boxes that were partially hidden from view and I couldn't make out for sure what they were. This was not just a couple of boxes of each but in their designated shelf area it actually looked to be a normal supply however lot's of other spots on the shelves were still bare, certainly no .223 yet. The gun racks still look thin with practically nothing of interest and a lot of empty places but the ammo shelves were a heck of a lot better sight than they were just a week ago, maybe this crazy panic buying thing has about run it's course.

runfiverun
03-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Juust like felix said would happen.

BPT
03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
It can happen. Although you were probably there just after a truck restocked them. Hope you bought whatever you were looking for cause it will probably be gone tomorrow. Although if you are like me you are just checking to see what is going on with little to no interest in buying.

BPT

oldred
03-05-2013, 10:03 PM
You're right I had no interest in buying anything, except maybe some 22 RF short, because I haven't bought loaded ammo in years (except for RF) but I was just checking to see if things might be getting better. I will be back in there in about three days from now so we will see if it still looks the same then, that will tell a little more about what's actually happening.

John Allen
03-05-2013, 10:41 PM
i was at the Morgantown, WV walmart on Saturday. They had some shotguns and hunting rifles but no AR's They did say that they have been getting shipments of ammo and powder two times a week but it goes within an hour.

km101
03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Both local Wallyworld stores are still out of ammo. No 22rf, no pistol, several rifle calibers but only a few boxes of each caliber. Things are not getting better around here!

Jay561
03-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Sooner or later the ammo situation will be back to normal.

Down South
03-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Sooner or later the ammo situation will be back to normal.
I say later. As long as there is GB talk coming out of Washington, It's not going to improve.
I was in Gander Mountain the other day. They had some ammo. Most of the common stuff was on pallets in the floor. They didn't bother to even put it on the shelves.
They had some 22 longs but they were going fast. When I checked out, the cash register guy asked me if I wanted to buy the last box of American Eagle 223.

Swamp Man
03-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Was at Wal-Mart this morning and to my surprise the gun case was full of shotguns,rifles and the ammo case was stocked fairy well but no 22 of any type. Stopped at another shop and their gun racks were full of AR's and a few other guns their ammo was fully stocked even 22lr. I asked if they were getting in stock more often and was told their getting lots of stock starting to come in now.

Down South
03-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Was at Wal-Mart this morning and to my surprise the gun case was full of shotguns,rifles and the ammo case was stocked fairy well but no 22 of any type. Stopped at another shop and their gun racks were full of AR's and a few other guns their ammo was fully stocked even 22lr. I asked if they were getting in stock more often and was told their getting lots of stock starting to come in now.
You should have taken a picture, anyway, I figure that you must live in a sparsely populated area.

oldred
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Well as of 3:45 PM today the WallyWorld I mentioned in my post yesterday still has some ammo on the shelves. I was not in there today but a buddy of mine that I relayed the info to yesterday went by there and bought a box of 40 S&W, he said it looked to him like they still had a good supply of several calibers.

Swamp Man
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
You should have taken a picture, anyway, I figure that you must live in a sparsely populated area.
No I live outside of Gainesville,Fl which is home to the University of Florida both stores I mentioned are in Gainesville.

Frank46
03-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Made my weekly expedition to wally world. Outside of a couple books and a copy of the new Red Dawn no ammo.
All they had was shotgun shells, no slugs or buckshot. Frank

Garpo
03-07-2013, 12:46 AM
It’s all about timing. Truck arrives around 4:00 PM, ammo shelves get stocked between 8:00 and 10:00 PM, shelves are empty by 6:00 AM the next morning. That’s what happens at my local Wally World.

TXGunNut
03-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Was at a local Wally World a little while ago and three guys were loading up armloads of pistol ammo. They had obviously met there before and decided to introduce themselves. I guess they all figured out when the truck arrives. I just grinned and went on my way. Still sitting out this "ammo shortage".

Swamp Man
03-07-2013, 03:08 AM
My wife works for WAl-Mart each store stocks at different times so if your wanting ammo that is hard to get find out that store stocking time for the sporting goods department. They get shipments daily but they only get what is shipped from the DC/warehouse and they never know what they will be getting on a given day. That's about all the info I can give you hope it helps a few.

oldred
03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Finally got back by there today and sure enough the pickins are thin again!:( They still had some 7 MM rifle ammo and a few boxes of 40 S&W but little else besides shot shells.