PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone,

Uncle LeadisBetter
03-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Hello,
I just to say hello to all castboolit members. I must amit, I have been a lurker but now I've seen the light and signed on. I have been reading, studying, reading, studying on here and from other material on this subject for a while now. I finally broke down and started gathering my molds and misc tools, everything is starting to come into play. The info I gathered here is priceless, Thankyou and beware there might be something stupid comeout here so just steer me in the right direction.
Take care

ph4570
03-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the group.

LUBEDUDE
03-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Welcome to Cast Boolits Unc.

Sometimes we all need a need a little nudge in the right direction.

Rick N Bama
03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Hello Uncle, welcome aboard! If I'm not bad wrong we have another member that lives in Marion County, but I can't remember his name.

Rick

Duckiller
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Cancel your membership. Never log on to this board again. If you don't you will be wandering around parking lots looking for loose wheel weights, maybe even making them loose. Spare money will be spent on molds that you don't yet have guns for. There will be no spare money. Most of us are lost causes, too far into casting. You if you act fast have a chance to escape.

koehn,jim
03-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Welcome aboard, duckiller is right, this will become an addiction.

Harter66
03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Yep, exactly what duck said!!

On the other hand there are worse addictions ...... :-)

hiram1
03-05-2013, 07:17 PM
WELCOME GLAD TO HAVE YOU.good guys good fun.

firefly1957
03-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the group while Duckkiller is correct the other warnings need to be given as well , after 30 posts and 30 days the "PIT will open when it does remember no eating or drinking while in "Humor and Off topic" and if you use blood pressure medicine take it before opening "Religion and Politics"! We don't want to lose members to electric shorts or heart attacks!

P.K.
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Welcome to Cast Boolits.....it's a cult, don't let anyone tell you it ain't! Sure they tell you, "You'll save $$$ reloading/casting/buying surplus/old tools and experimenting." It's all hype, like a freeking Ponzi scam it sucks all your money in and you get nothing in return but one of these....:bigsmyl2:

pipehand
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Glad to meet you.

Hawkeye45
03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Welcome aboard, if you are like some of the rest of us you will spend $5 to save &1 down the road someday.

Mr Ed

Wells
03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Uncle welcome to the board,they say water boarding is bad they have not coasted boolits,good luck.
Wells

runfiverun
03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
we have 3-4 members from down florida way that stop in pretty regularly.

7Acres
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Welcome! Great folks here. I'm in the process of gleaning their knowledge to train the next generation. I can't wait to come home from a hard day's work some day to find my son (8mo old now) has cast himself up some fine boolits for me to teach him how to load. The guys on here have so much life experience. Tap into all you can!

Wayne Smith
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Well, Uncle, if you haven't listened to the warnings by now and run fast you are probably hopelessly hooked. Talk to your wife about all the money you will save (you do reload now?) making the boolits you shoot rather than buying them. If you are blessed and she is already a shooter she intimately knows the connection. Just don't tell her all that you need to pursue this money saving hobby!

Truth is, you will never save money - you will just shoot way more!

jeepyj
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Be careful it has been said between this site and running back and forth to the range for testing the divorce rate raises 20%
Just kidding welcome have fun
Jeepyj

Idaho Mule
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Welcome Uncle, it will be fun and enlightening. JW

Uncle LeadisBetter
03-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Good day everybody, I want to say thankyou for the welcome. Again everybody just bare with me you might see some off the wall questions from me, this casting is new to me. Thankyou

Rick n Bama I will keep my eye's open for that member here in Marion County. I'm starting this on my own and it would be nice to ask questions and see it done firsthand. But in the meantime I'll just stay right here, it's been keeping me on course so far.

Duckiller its funny you mention walking thru parking lots looking for wheelweights. My family and I were at a boatramp while back, and I watched a man throw 2 castnets in the trash can, So I kinda waited around till they left and I went over and grabbed the nets back out of the trash can so I could cut the leadline's off the bottom. So now they just laugh at me when I walk to the trash cans. And I tell others who are staring at me that I'm recylcing.

km101
03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Glad you came in from the cold, so-to-speak! Lots of good people and good information here! And we are really into the recycling thing.
Cast 'em, shoot 'em, mine 'em, cast 'em, shoot 'em again! The ultimate in recycling! :Fire:

JeffinNZ
03-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi and welcome. There is a wealth of information and entertainment here.