PDA

View Full Version : Just a Rant

scarry scarney
03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Just another wonderful day in California. My folks tell me how much better under Obama. Gas is more than $2.00 a gallon more than under Bush. My house is now the same price as it was when I bought it 15 years ago. Auto Theft is up 100%, robberey is up 48%, theft 21%, and this afternoon, I have to go talk to the insurance agent, because someone broke into my workshop, and stole a bunch of tools. My area is listed as the 5th worst place in the US. In January, my company had to lay off 6 out of 30 employees, I havent had a pay raise in two years, at least I have a job. Nancy Pelosi is crying about how the lack of funds is going to impact head start, and not anything about all the Cop layoffs. Dianne Fienstein wants to help, by having more gun control. Yup, life is gooooood, and I got Changed!!!! Ok, rant over.

Maven
03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
"Gas is more than $2.00 a gallon more than under Bush."

Won't comment on the remainder of your post, but the above is just plain wrong. Well before Obama was elected president, we were paying $4 or more for 87 octane gas ("Regular"). In fact, we took a cruise out of Southhampton (U.K.)in late May '07, which had many Brits aboard as you'd expect. They found it quite amusing that we were finally paying almost as much as they had been for years.

Edubya
03-04-2013, 03:04 PM
DHS is doing everything that they can do to make another crises that government can take advantage of. They're buying armored vehicles by the hundreds to prepare for the crises that they stir up. They have released thousands of illegals and reduced the TSA plus whatever they have done behind the doors.
What have you done to prepare for the upcoming crises? Do you expect the government to solve the problems?

EW

dunnie
03-04-2013, 03:36 PM
New guy here and just seen your rant. Excuse me if you will but I agree with you. I live in Pennsylvania and similar things are happening here. I'm afraid we have not yet seen the worst of it. When a society expects handouts rather than earning their keep by sweat and blood, situations like this will continue to exist. My wife works a full time job plus runs our home. I run an auto repair shop by my self and I'm a partner in a small software company with 2 employees (me and my partner) and it takes all if it to keep afloat. I realize we must spend money to make money but when a goverment spends more money than it has and expects the people to pay out more than they are, the people can't support themselfs. So to fix their long term problem they rely on the Government for more hand outs. The cycle never stops. Sorry if I offend anyone else, just being realistic.

scarry scarney
03-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Ok, If I was wrong on the gas, oops. Just ranting, knowing that I have to get gas, and it's more than $4.00 a gallon again.

I will also say, my bad. I should of posted this in the Political/Religous forum. Sorry

dakotashooter2
03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Nancy Pelosi is crying about how the lack of funds is going to impact head start,

OMG that means people might actually have to................................................ .....................

Take care of their own kids.............................................. ..... the horror...............................

Edubya
03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Ok, If I was wrong on the gas, oops. Just ranting, knowing that I have to get gas, and it's more than $4.00 a gallon again.

I will also say, my bad. I should of posted this in the Political/Religous forum. Sorry

Maybe anything that we say anymore belongs on "Political/Religious forum and I'll let the Mods move it as they see fit. But, regardless, I'm going to share this video and just dream as if it were a true speech given by a president that I could respect.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/_T-F_zfoDqI?feature=player_embedded

EW

dunnie
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Sometimes you got to wonder if the amish know something we don't. Never seen one of them on welfare. Done get me wrong. I strongly support welfare for the ones who truly need it but the government is out of control. The average american has made it their primary source of income and expect someone else to take care of them and their kids. My wife works for a district court (laymens court if you will) and sees this all the time.

JeffinNZ
03-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Sometimes you got to wonder if the amish know something we don't. Never seen one of them on welfare. Done get me wrong. I strongly support welfare for the ones who truly need it but the government is out of control. The average american has made it their primary source of income and expect someone else to take care of them and their kids. My wife works for a district court (laymens court if you will) and sees this all the time.

That's a very good observation actually.

Duckiller
03-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Maven is WRONG!!!! Gasoline on Nov. 6, 2008 was $1.87 per gal. Google price of gas.

Lee
03-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Also got to look at how "some" amish work the system. As far as I am concerned, their damn buggies do not belong on our tax payer funded roads unless they sustain 50mph, are LICENSED, drivers are LICENSED, seat belts, air bags, and all the rest of the gubmint they throw on us. And please don't start to tell me it is a religion. I have a religion also, but am dictated to wear seat belts, have air bags, crash proof bumpers, etc.
Raving? No! How many of you have ever drove past a busted *** up buggy in a ditch with winkies scattered all over the field??? I have. Nuff said.
You can't fix stubborn and stupid. And if yopu don't think that portion of your tax dollars support the crooks who hide behind that religion, you're naive. Or never met up with a scheming winkie............

Nancy Pelosi? aka "Skeletor" "Diane Slimestien? aka Flathead? You people keep electing these worms, you people keep getting fed the worm castings from these worms. And how many of these worms have THEIR CCW, and want to ban YOU?
Rumor says that the kongres kritter in Az who got popped(Giffords?) owned a Glock. True? Can you say Hypocrite?
Again, Nuff said......... Adios , done ranting for today. Unless you want to discuss teacher strikes where they claim their lack of wage increases are impacting the students, while they are out on strike. Sheeeessshhh

Maven
03-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Maven is WRONG!!!! Gasoline on Nov. 6, 2008 was $1.87 per gal. Google price of gas.

Sorry Dk, but I beg to differ: http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/26/news/economy/gas_prices/index.htm Also, if your computer can handle this 51 page download, take a look at this too: "US Gasoline Prices, 1950 - 2007...." @ http://oregonstate.edu/cla/polisci/faculty-research/sahr/gasoline.pdf

Moreover, for some strange reason we save our gasoline receipts (organized by year of purchase) and was indeed paying $4 or more for 87 octane gas locally in the spring - summer of 2007 (i.e., while "W" was still president).

1Shirt
03-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Good rant! Keep it up in your area amongst the libs.
1Shirt!

Love Life
03-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Gas was over $4.00 a gallon at Camp Lejeune during the summer of 2008. True story.

We broke the $4.00 per gallon mark locally here this weekend in BFE Nevada.

shooter93
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I won't start on the Amish....suffice to say if you've lived in an area with a large population and delt with all the business restrictions we have that they don't pay attention to you gain a different attitude. European gasoline has always been much higher than here due largely to the taxes they impose on it....much higher than ours.

MtGun44
03-04-2013, 09:40 PM
+1 on gas is up $2 under Obama. The only reason it isn't even more is fracking. Obama and crew are
doing their darnedest to stop all production of fossil fuels, or tax them into oblivion, and to shut
down all coal fired power plants without any replacements available.

He promised to bankrupt anyone that used coal to make power and is working on it. Windmills are
a joke. There are hundreds of gigantic windmills in KS and most are stopped when I see them, even
on windy days. Most days in Kansas are windy.

Bill

scarry scarney
03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
As far as N.P. or D.F. They did not get my vote, I voted Republican, like most of my county. But when your whole county is only 93,000, it doesn't do much against 840,000 of San Franweirdo.

km101
03-04-2013, 11:08 PM
"Do you expect the government to solve the problems?" Originally posted by EW

How can we expect the government to solve the problems, when they don't recognize that there is a problem? And remember they are the ones who created the problems! Why would they want to fix them? And with their track record I'm not sure that I want them to try!

Remember: "The nine scariest words in the English language - "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." Ronald Reagan

Recluse
03-04-2013, 11:34 PM
"Gas is more than $2.00 a gallon more than under Bush."

Won't comment on the remainder of your post, but the above is just plain wrong. Well before Obama was elected president, we were paying $4 or more for 87 octane gas ("Regular"). In fact, we took a cruise out of Southhampton (U.K.)in late May '07, which had many Brits aboard as you'd expect. They found it quite amusing that we were finally paying almost as much as they had been for years.

Well, I would've been more than inclined to explain to the seafaring, cruising Brits that for all the time I've spent in the UK, primarily helping man their bases when there was this big war machine behind the Iron Curtain pointed at them. . . that I never saw a helluva lot of drilling or refining out in their parts. For damn sure, nothing like we have in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and eastern New Mexico.

Furthermore, I would've not-so-politely reminded them that many of OUR woes are the direct result of THEIR failed social and economic policies that our libtards continue to shove down our throats.

When your country's government gives MORE rights to the criminal/s who illegally break into your home, assault you with the intent of grave bodily harm, sexually assault, molest and rape your wife and/or daughter/s and you are severely inhibited by even how much UNARMED "protective resistance" you can employ against the sick ********. . .

When THAT is your government's "baseline" for society and general order, I don't give a rat's stinking *** what your opinion is of me, my state, my nation or much of anything. When you categorically oppose my RIGHT to defend myself, my family and my property, not only do I NOT give so much as one ounce of credence to your opinions and philosophies, but I consider you an enemy of mankind, and should circumstances necessitate such, will deal with you appropriately.

I made some good friends in the UK many years ago, and I weep over what their government and libtards have done to their country.

:coffee:

Duckiller
03-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Mavern we are both right. Gas was at $4.00/gal in June 2008. Drop to below $2.00/gal by the time of the election. The 2008 price was a brief spike vs the long term increase we have had under our current beloved President.

starmac
03-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Obama said before the election that he was all for the price of gas rising, he just didn't want it to spike as it did under Bush and Clinton before him, personally I would take a spike any day.

mwk1975
03-05-2013, 01:52 AM
.... personally I would take a spike any day.
Too true, with a spike at least it's implied that it would go back down.

Reg
03-05-2013, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=MtGun44;2095338]+1 on gas is up $2 under Obama. The only reason it isn't even more is fracking. Obama and crew are
doing their darnedest to stop all production of fossil fuels, or tax them into oblivion, and to shut
down all coal fired power plants without any replacements available.

He promised to bankrupt anyone that used coal to make power and is working on it. Windmills are
a joke. There are hundreds of gigantic windmills in KS and most are stopped when I see them, even
on windy days. Most days in Kansas are windy.

Bill[/QUOTE

If you really take a look at it, the guy has never really lied about what he intended to do. Fact is,he has been most open about it.
I think his most open statement was "They cling to their guns and religion" or words to that effect.
If you will note, he actually has never done anything himself, relying on others to actually do his bidding.
They are coming after the guns now, don't think for one second it will not be the religion later.
Coal ? He talked about that one before he was elected-- the first time.
Those windmills, Bill is right. I drive by them quite often and we have just as many here that are not making a darned thing.
I have noticed, things are speeding up rapidly.