PDA

View Full Version : The state of the panic of 2013 as of today here in south west Michigan

frkelly74
03-04-2013, 12:11 AM
I went out looking today just to see what was going on. At On Target in Kalamazoo there was one pistol show case that was almost empty, It is the one that had been full of big bore revolvers. I saw old browning high power pistols at $599.99. Functional but lots of loss of finish. The used brass is down to the 6mm remington and some old WWII and Korean dated 30-06 brass and a little really tarnished 30-30. Not much else in the way of used brass. There were still primers of all sorts and the powder shelf had a good assortment. All the Mosin nagant 91-30 rifles have been sold. there are some MN 38's left at about $250. I saw two boxes of Remington gold bullet 22 ammo and some CCI 22 shorts and some of the CB loads. Lots of Mauser 1912 model rifles from South America some are 7.62X51 , $200 and up. No ar rifles and very few parts. No 223 ammo. There were 224 FMJ bullets available for $18 per hundred, Not sure what weight.

I went into a Dunhams store and was shocked to see the rifle racks with cross bows displayed in them. I saw a bunch of black rifles that turned out to be Mossberg 22 lr rifles. I have bought about 50 rifles from different Dunhams Stores around here and now there is really no reason to go there. No 22 ammo , no 223 ammo, very, very, little other rifle ammo and expensive. Lots of shotgun ammo, I guess they listened to Biden. They did have a couple of 440 round spam cans of 7.62X54 priced at $100 ea and I thought that might be an investable item.

WalMart. Zippo. Unless you need 22 shorts. I did get to talk with a nice lady in there who was looking for 223 Ammo for her new AR that her husband got her. She has not gotten to shoot it yet due to not having any ammo available. If she were happening to look at this I would apologize to her because it occurred to me that I have several boxes of Wolf 223 ammo that my rifle does not shoot well. It goes bang every time but it doesn't always go where I was aiming it. I should have offered it to her for a good price , if she wanted it. I did tell her she should look into reloading although jacketed bullets will be a bit of a pinch point.

Is $100 a good price for 7.62X54R in a spam can, 440 rounds , Steel case?

Artful
03-04-2013, 12:28 AM
$85+tax per spam can and then shipping
http://www.jgsales.com/ammo-for-rifles-c-12_42.html

But I have seen it for twice that at site I refused to buy from.

frkelly74
03-04-2013, 12:34 AM
what would you guess the shipping would be? Do they have a deal on it?

9.3X62AL
03-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Not the time to be buying much of anything firearms- or ammo-related. There's blood in the water, and sharks are about.

plmitch
03-04-2013, 12:53 AM
what would you guess the shipping would be? Do they have a deal on it?

You can get a shipping quote on the web site. It cost me $22.00 for shipping a few weeks ago to CA. If you can get it for $100.00 a can local, buy for the investment.

jcwit
03-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the post about supplies at On Target. Have been wondering how it was up there. I go there now and again when we visit our daughter in Decatur Mi. Always liked shopping there but haven't needed to buy anything, I stocked up years and years ago when .22 Bricks were $5/6 bucks. But I have bought a few rifles there now and then. Anywho, Thanks again you solved my curiosity.

BTW I'm just south of the state line a couple of miles on 131/IN13.

Boerrancher
03-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Guys, I was told today by an industry expert that I was also told I couldn't name, that this crunch will last for at least the next 18 months, maybe longer depending on how the midterm election goes. Because this is not the political section I will not go into it, but your government is behind these shortages, from massive ammo orders, to holding up imports of components and ammo.

Best wishes,

Joe

Artful
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Joe, how about sneaking down to the political section and sharing what you can down there.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
I stocked up years and years ago when .22 Bricks were $5/6 bucks.

OK, I'll bite...when were 22LR ammo $5 per 500 ? I'd guess Late 70s ?

boltons75
03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Sounds about the same over here in Flint.Williams it's the only store that I've found to have some 22lr, and pistol ammo in stock.

Swamp Man
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Guys, I was told today by an industry expert that I was also told I couldn't name, that this crunch will last for at least the next 18 months, maybe longer depending on how the midterm election goes. Because this is not the political section I will not go into it, but your government is behind these shortages, from massive ammo orders, to holding up imports of components and ammo.

Best wishes,

Joe I've known a long time the government was placing large orders for hollow point ammo and rifles arming HLS and FEMA heavily. Add that with the fact they are trying to disarm the American public not to mention other things their doing. They are either gearing up for a power gab or fear there will be riots once the government can't pay the bills for the free loaders. If they were worried about an attack on our country they wouldn't be trying to disarm the public they would want us armed for that.

Lloyd Smale
03-09-2013, 08:17 AM
up here in the up theres guns to be bought, even semi auto pistols. about the only thing tough to find ar ars and there even around if your willing to pay big bucks for them. real shortages here are ammo, magazines, powder and primers.