PDA

View Full Version : colorado banning shotguns?

popper
03-02-2013, 11:38 AM
So legislation has passed Co house, gov says he will sign the bill. Good luck Co, you elected another jerk now live with it. Wife went skiing there last week, I don't go there anymore. My $$ will go elsewhere.

edler7
03-02-2013, 11:42 AM
I was born and raised there, lived there for almost 60 years. Packed up and moved out about 6 months ago, a lot of it due to **** like this.

It's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there....anymore. It has become Californicated.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Well, that flies in the face of what Biden wants us to do for self defense. Two shots out the window syndrome.

captaint
03-02-2013, 12:32 PM
How do people like this get elected. Where do they find people to vote for them ?? I don't get at all. I might have to move to Texas before all this is done. Mike

runfiverun
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
look we all can't live in Texas..
some of y'all are just gonna have to move up here to idaho,montana,and wyoming.

clocker
03-02-2013, 01:14 PM
??? There are a 4 bills that were passed in the House and going to the Senate on Monday. There are also 3 bills in Senate committee which will be debated. I have been watching them all closely, but have not seen anything banning shotguns. HB-1224 tries to limit magazine capacity, but is deemed unenforceable by anyone with reason.

We're not giving up in Colorado. It ain't over yet.

edler7
03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
How do people like this get elected. Where do they find people to vote for them ?? I don't get at all. I might have to move to Texas before all this is done. Mike

The problem in Colorado is the majority of the population resides in the Denver/Boulder (need I say more ?) area. If they can sell an idea in that area, the rest of the state doesn't have enough people to overpower that voting block. A good majority of the "rural" people are good, hard working, common sense people- but there are enough progressives and parasites in the metro area to call the shots at the voting booth.

Phoenix
03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
but there are enough progressives and parasites in the metro area to call the shots at the voting booth.

Honestly this is how it is everywhere. Some places it is worse. EVERY state has rural people that we could get along with. Those people have no say in anything because the cities get allot more weight. I just hope there is still somewhere I want to live in 10-20 more years.

captaint
03-02-2013, 01:49 PM
I used to think states like Colorado were safe. Any more, I don't know what to think. All the
wealthy libs moving near the cities to their trophy homes........ Actually, Pennsylvania is
still pretty OK, but the you know who are really messing things up in the voting booth in Phila and Pittsburgh. Phila is worse. Really bad. Republicans don't have a prayer in that city. Mike

Dale in Louisiana
03-02-2013, 02:13 PM
I used to think states like Colorado were safe. Any more, I don't know what to think.

Mike

No place is safe. Between Shreveport, Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana, a state that once touted itself as "The Sportsman's Paradise" is just barely hanging on against the hordes living in those three anthills who would vote to feed babies to Satan if it was put forth by a dimmocrat.

We're not voting our way out of this mess.

dale in Louisiana

softpoint
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
In a reality, those dependent population centers in the states shouldn't be controlling any of our rights. Our constitution was written for that very purpose. The second amendment was put in to be able to enforce the rest of it. I know I am "preaching to the choir" here, but I see the day approaching where we will have to take our nation back by force. Many in our government are corrupt and power and weath hungry, and as as long as there are no consequenses for their actions, they aren't going to stop.
The second amendment is the only one that you can put your hand on. The others are just written words...

gray wolf
03-02-2013, 03:58 PM
So hows that mob rule --Oh sorry, democracy working out for Yall ??

Harter66
03-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Reno still has some common sense, but Vegas/Clark county is a total loss. 1.75 million in Vegas 500k in the Reno/Carson metro area. About 250k in the whole rest of the state. My county is as big as Maryland. I feel the pain.

opos
03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm from Colorado...born and raised there..left in 66 and moved to Moskowfornia..both were decent places then. I'm sort of used to the California laws and have learned to work with what we have. Sorry to hear about Colorado....it just shows something. I was watching reruns of Wed's hearings on "assault weapons" and Chuck Grassley R. Iowa...was asking questions of DOJ's John Walsh....he started to ask about enforcement of existing laws and then he got into the "legal" marijuana laws in Colorado that are a violation of Federal law and why there was not Federal enforcement of the growing laws...Walsh stammered and stuttered some few things about finding a grower and shutting him down and that he had lots of really nasty weapons, etc....Fact is (and Grassley lost his nerve on this one)...Obama's primary fund raiser and campaign mouthpiece in Denver is a Woman (formerly of Naval intellegence and her Husband) that are the states largest "legal" (although breaking Federal law) growers of Marijuana...they were in an hour long program on the National Geographic channel on Colorado's marijuana situation...so there you have it...Obama's primary Colorado "pimp and her pimp husband" are left entirely alone to grow marijuana against Federal laws on the books....think Obama has any hand in micromanaging folks like John Walsh? Those are the folks that are playing with your guns in Colorado.

dragonrider
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
"We're not voting our way out of this mess."

Finaly someone who can see the light. Before this is over Americans will die. Hopefully enough of us will be left to bring this country back from insanity.

Marlin Junky
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Lamar,

Please stop advertising what remains of the USA... I'm still in the market for real estate. :bigsmyl2:

Besides, MT is becoming more and more "Blue" as time progresses... oops, I just let another clue out of the bag. Hey, ya'll up there in Big Sky country, ya better not go the way of CA and CO. I watched CA go to Hell in a handbasket and then watched old CA'ians retire in OR and about a couple decades later when CA really started to suck, I watched 'em (the CA real estate developers) pave the way to western MT and CO (the latter of which, big time). During the '80's, I also met quite a few CA transplants in ID, but most of them at the time were retirees. So now the West's best is (nah, I don't mind publishing the list): WY, ID and rural UT with MT hanging in there with it's problems (AKA Progressives) in the Flathead Valley and the Metro Missoula area... of which, I would venture to guess is mostly populated by folks from somewhere else. Hells, bells, it used to be that folks lived and died no more than 20 miles from their birthpalce... I suppose I'm just a throw-back to that era.

MJ

knifemaker
03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
My understanding of the new law concerning shotguns in Colorado is that any shotgun that can easly be converted to carry 8 rounds or more will be illegal to have. You take your Remington 1100 and or 870 or Mossberg 500, and you can screw off the magazine cap and install a extended magazine tube that can carry up to 8 rounds. That there is the sneaky language about being easy to convert that will allow them to ban hunting type shotguns. Democrats are getting very good about using that sneaky lanuage in their anti gun bills.

olaf455
03-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Plus one.

rockrat
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Bolt, levers and pump actions (rifles) won't be "assault gun" but everything else will. Single shots, break open rifles and shotguns (your over/under shotgun) will be assault guns. Yep , Denver and the front range dictate what happenes in the rest of the state and take all the tax money for themselves. A recall, IIRC, has been filed to recall one of the jr democrats. Magpul will leave the state if it passes.
I might too.

Blammer
03-02-2013, 10:52 PM
I say you should have to have land to be able to vote.

JIMinPHX
03-03-2013, 12:09 AM
I see the day approaching where we will have to take our nation back by force. Many in our government are corrupt and power and weath hungry, and as as long as there are no consequenses for their actions, they aren't going to stop.

I've been saying for quite a while that we need to jail a bunch of politicians for the unconstitutional things that they have been doing because I believe that you are exactly correct that as long as there are no consequences, they will just keep doing what they are doing. I hope that it never gets to the point of having to shoot people over this. I'd like to jail a bunch of the career criminals in DC now, to prevent the need for greater action later. That's my take on it anyway.

OeldeWolf
03-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Ok, now I am a tad worried. Not about the necessity of restoring our country. But because I was thinking about moving close to my daughter when I get disabled. And she and her hubby live in CO. CA is going to chase me out pretty quickly, I think.

There were two things a couple of our founding fathers said, which I think are relevant to this situation.

1) That the constitution they presented to us was designed for a moral and upright People. That it would suffice for no other sort of people.

2) That the country would be safe, as long as we did not pile up people in huge cities, like the people in europe did.

I do not know what sort of physical shape I will be in, when things come to a head. But at the least, I can hold my post, and arm and supply the relatives. I hope.

But I hope there is room in TX for a town to put all the forum folk in... It takes a seaport for a truly prosperous and independent country. And ID, Ut, WY, AZ, well, nice as they are, they do not seem to have any seaports.... Besides, TX seems to handle boisterous, even cantankerous folk well... :D

Not sure if I have said what I mean, but hopefully I managed to say it well enough to be understood.

gkainz
03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
We have degraded to the same situation that plagues Illinois, California, New York and elsewhere. One or two cities control the state. I'm sick of it. Writing letters and making phone calls and getting snarky or patronizing platitudes back for the most part. They have an agenda and the only thing that's going to deter them is recall or impeachment - maybe lawsuits for treason.

wildwilly
03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Don't believe that it can't happen in your state. Here is the formula that the libs used to seize control in CA....support politicians that favor more money for education, law enforcement, and environment. That strengthens public service unions, which is funded by your tax dollars. CA used to be solid red.

edler7
03-03-2013, 01:18 PM
We have degraded to the same situation that plagues Illinois, California, New York and elsewhere. One or two cities control the state. I'm sick of it. Writing letters and making phone calls and getting snarky or patronizing platitudes back for the most part. They have an agenda and the only thing that's going to deter them is recall or impeachment - maybe lawsuits for treason.

Talk to Greg Brophy. He's a Senator representing the Northeast corner of the state. He's a strong 2nd amendment supporter and I'm sure he is in the middle of the fight on this one. I had several long exchanges with him over 2nd amendment stuff when I lived in Colorado. I felt he genuinely cared about me and my views, even though I wasn't in his congressional district.

km101
03-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Sure 'ya can! We've go plenty of room! Just dont bring any Liberals or Antigunners with you and it will be fine! :)

popper
03-03-2013, 01:58 PM
gkainz - so who is the Co NRA rep and what is he doing? So all the Co sanctioned shoots get limited to single shot-er? I believe the content of the proposed law is that you can't even get one fixed. Kind of like the Marines at the 2nd christening - had the bolts out of their weapons to make sure no-one shot the POTUS? Or to abide by local gun laws? Lots of stupid going around and you can't fix it. If you are moving to Texas, please tell your liberal neighbors your going to Chi or Clev or NYC or Ca, please.

DCP
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
It very well may come to pass that TX AZ may not even be safe.
All those illegals or drug dealers have to go some where.
A lot already think they belongs to them anyway.

Sad times we live in

DCM
03-03-2013, 07:15 PM
The problem in Colorado is the majority of the population resides in the Denver/Boulder (need I say more ?) area. If they can sell an idea in that area, the rest of the state doesn't have enough people to overpower that voting block. A good majority of the "rural" people are good, hard working, common sense people- but there are enough progressives and parasites in the metro area to call the shots at the voting booth.

Sounds a lot like ILL. !
Gonna be a long hard battle.

JIMinPHX
03-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Kind of like the Marines at the 2nd christening - had the bolts out of their weapons to make sure no-one shot the POTUS? Or to abide by local gun laws? Lots of stupid going around and you can't fix it.

After 9/11, when the national guard was deployed in NYC, they didn't get issued any ammo for their guns. You had troops with empty M-16s standing shoulder to shoulder with port authority cops that had full magazines. It made no sense to me at all.

It had to be a mighty uncomfortable feeling to be standing post in uniform against an enemy that was certainly willing to kill, & know that your gun was empty. That's like having a bulls-eye painted on you & having your hands tied behind your back.

There are a lot of military decisions these days that I disagree with.

MakeMineA10mm
03-04-2013, 01:45 AM

Not bad, but that disenfranchises a lot of conservatives. I'd make it: No one on food stamps, medical card, or welfare can vote. Oh yeah, and no aliens or felons either.

MakeMineA10mm
03-04-2013, 01:47 AM
It very well may come to pass that TX AZ may not even be safe.
All those illegals or drug dealers have to go some where.
A lot already think they belongs to them anyway.

Sad times we live in

I was going to e-mail you a link to this thread, but I see you found it...

pdawg_shooter
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Kansas may not have much to offer, just decent gun laws, low cost of living, plenty of jobs, and out in S.W. Kansas plenty of room for shooting and hunting. Guess I will stick around a while.

dakotashooter2
03-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I keep saying it..................... Hi capacity mags are not the problem ....

High capacity cities are............................................... ..

I remember a study done on rats many years back...... one group was cramed into a small space while the other group was given ample room to spread out............ The ones in the small space started killing each other first......................

Phoenix
03-04-2013, 07:31 PM

This is how it was for quite a long time. State by state. The original constitution did not regulate who could vote. The states had all the control. Arguably it is why the US has lasted as long as it did (Intentional word choice)

TheDoctor
03-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Sure 'ya can! We've go plenty of room! Just dont bring any Liberals or Antigunners with you and it will be fine! :)

We will gladly trade: Austin residents for good upstanding conservatives. One for one trade. Na, scratch that, you can have 'em for free!

Jay561
03-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Pretty sad, me and the wife had Co on the list for retirement eventually. Big line scratched through that state now. I wont even visit it now.

km101
03-06-2013, 07:19 PM
No more Colorado hunts for me! Magpul has said that they will be forced to leave Colorado if this legislation is passed. I wonder if they will go through with it? If they leave Colorado, they would be welcome in Texas!

I understand that the law levies a fee on firearms purchases "to reimburse the state for the cost of background checks." The NICS checks are performed by the FBI and dont cost the state anything! How can they get away with this??????

swamp
03-06-2013, 08:33 PM
In Colorado the background checks are done by the CBI, not by the FBI. Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
swamp

gkainz
03-07-2013, 07:31 PM
anyone that feels like Colorado government is exhibiting infringement on our Second Amendment rights can send an email to the governor here
http://www.colorado.gov/govhdir/
and let him know that you will not come and spend money here because of those actions.

Maybe these dopes will get it when it hits the wallet, and subsequently, their seat at the public trough.

reloaderman
03-08-2013, 11:42 AM
"No shot guns in Colorado !" What will "Uncle "Joe Biden tell the young women in Colorado ?