PDA

View Full Version : Pure Lead for WW Lead ?

JesterGrin_1
08-07-2007, 01:32 AM
All I have is Pure Lead But I need to make some Hard Cast Boolits for my Marlin. So I would like to trade lets say 40 pounds of pure lead for 40 pounds of WW lead or a type of lead that would be hard cast for .44 Mag rounds with no gas check?

Thank You all in advance. :)

mtgrs737
08-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Get on Ebay and buy some linotype, cast it and shoot it as is or mix a little of your pure lead in to soften it a bit. I shoot linotype cast boolits in my magnums without problems.

JesterGrin_1
08-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Get on Ebay and buy some linotype, cast it and shoot it as is or mix a little of your pure lead in to soften it a bit. I shoot linotype cast boolits in my magnums without problems.

Thank You for the information. But I thought by doing the trade the people that need to cast pure lead could use it as well as I could use the WW lead. And we could ship them in flat rate box shipping for less than $9.00. That way it is a win win.

And sorry I am just now trying to learn this stuff as I have never cast anything except for pure lead for my Quigley Sharps.

ANeat
08-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Hang in there Jester; somebody will jump on that pure lead:-D You might try posting an add in the classifieds here to swap. Ive done it a couple times in the past with good results.

With a little luck you may find someone local...

Adam

mazo kid
08-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Brother JG_1, I could be interested in that trade. I did a similar trade with Adam a while back. Email me or a PM. I shoot Muzzle loaders and make a soft alloy for BPCR also. Emery

John Boy
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
... Standing offer ...
Send me an email ... WW up to 300#'s for equal amounts of Pb. All are in ingots

JesterGrin_1
08-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Brother JG_1, I could be interested in that trade. I did a similar trade with Adam a while back. Email me or a PM. I shoot Muzzle loaders and make a soft alloy for BPCR also. Emery

Emery sent you an e mail. :). And look out for those hammers they can sure smart lol.

mazo kid
08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Setting mauls??!! Yep, sure do. Emery

Jon K
08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
JG,
Just now saw the post, if you need more WW, I'll trade.

Jon

JesterGrin_1
08-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Setting mauls??!! Yep, sure do. Emery

lol Yep Setting Mauls. There was a reason I said hammer lol. [smilie=1:

Jon K I will be sure to keep it in mind. Thank You