PDA

View Full Version : Midway USA sale catalog disappointment

Olevern
02-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Received the monthly sales brochure for the month of Mar. today; it was about 1/2 the pages of previous issues and there was NO ammo or reloading components listed on sale.

Bummed.

oldred
02-28-2013, 08:40 PM
I think it's going to be a while before we see anything like that even being in stock, never mind being in a sale catalog!

FWIW, Sportsman Guide has a surprising amount of ammo in stock, or at least they did earlier today even some .223, and they are taking backorders for RF ammo with an expected shipping date of about two weeks and guess what? The pricing is about the same as before the madness started!

:EDIT: Well that didn't take long, I just did a quick check and the .223 is now backordered and not expected to be in stock until June. CCI and Fiocchi 22 (LR and Magnum) is expected to ship Mar 18 and at decent pricing.

Phoenix
02-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Local Scheels got 80 lbs of IMR 4895 in on tuesday. On thursday it was gone. Two weeks ago they got 80 lbs three times in one week. all sold before the next shipment arrived. Local store got 14 ARs in one day. All sold before 5pm the same day. There were 40 people standing there waiting for them to check them in and do the paperwork.

The Pandemic is still alive and well

oldred
02-28-2013, 08:51 PM
The Pandemic is still alive and well

And I am willing to bet it will remain so for a long while!

Fretboard
02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Did you get the "State of the State" email from Midway there products may be backordered but they are not raising prices they say:)

Dear Valued Customer,
In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.
Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.
We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.
One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.
As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.
Thanks for Your Business!
Larry Potterfield Larry Potterfield
Larry Potterfield,
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

Chili
03-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Received the monthly sales brochure for the month of Mar. today; it was about 1/2 the pages of previous issues and there was NO ammo or reloading components listed on sale.

Bummed.

Yeah, I feel the same way. When I picked it up I thought it was pretty thin and my suspicions were confirmed when I opened it up. It's gonna be a long summer. Even longer because I am affected by the sequestration.

KCSO
03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
According to my sources all reloading supplies are being diverted to the ammo production line for the next few months. Black Hills at SHOT said they are 6 months behind at least and Hornady has pulled in all their salesmen.

Kull
03-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Yep. Noticed the same thing when I picked it up. Awful thin these days.

DxieLandMan
03-01-2013, 12:29 PM
I mentioned to my wife how thin it was and she was surprised too.

Hardcast416taylor
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Got the flyer, skimmed thru it and then promptly threw it in the trash. Been awhile since I last ordered anything from them, and it`ll be a very chilly night in hades before I do again.Robert

dakotashooter2
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Dunns is listing 1000 rnd lots 7.62x51 if anyone is interested. $800 plus shipping

ffg
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM
I see Cheaper than Dirt is selling a box of 20 , 223 for only $39.99. It would seem factory ammo is going off the charts.

Vulcan Bob
03-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Yeah I got that flier too. After checking thier web site looking to order a .358 lubrisizer die (no joy) and looking around a bit it seems they do not have a lot left in stock. No wonder thier flier is so slim!

2thepoint
03-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Received an "email alert" from Midway at 3:10 PM that some boolits I was looking for were "in stock".........@ 3:17 PM I checked and they were sold out!!

sw282
03-02-2013, 02:01 AM
l am glad business is booming in guns/ammo. Maybe it will be the spark that will lite the rest of the economy.

P.K.
03-02-2013, 07:23 AM
l am glad business is booming in guns/ammo. Maybe it will be the spark that will lite the rest of the economy.

Well if it doesn't start stocking up on salt and other seasonings/spices that don't grow locally. All the ammo in the world ain't going to improve the taste of what goes into the pot. ( People will barter amazing things just to add flavor to something.)

I remember reading somewhere, I think it was one of those books on history the libs are always screwing with, that the "Spice" trade made many a person rich back in the day. ;-)

Taylor
03-02-2013, 07:34 AM
I managed to get some power from Midsouth yesterday,was down to my last 1/2 lb.