PDA

View Full Version : Two Success Stories

JohnH
08-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Took a press, powder dies to the range to test out my new Lee 312-155-2R in my SKS yesterday. As I was loaden and shooten two fellas pulled in with a 12 year old and set up at the bench next to me. After a little bit, I invited the youngster to help me load a few, his dad and friend were eager to join as well. I helped the youth load up five rounds, we charged the magazine and he shot 'em. Don't think I've seen that big a smile in a quite a while. His dad asked about where he could get a reloading set up, how much he might save, etc. They were astounded that I made my own boolits form simple WW, and equally amazed they shot so well. My cast loads easily out shot their SKS that shooting Wolf brand stuff.

Obviously, the 312-155-2R has made my SKS happy, made me happy, and introduced another shooter to reloading. Perhaps this is a three successes story :)

trickyasafox
08-06-2007, 04:53 PM
thats great to hear! i wish someone had shown me the ropes when i was 12 :)

1Shirt
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Yep, you done good!
1Shirt!:coffee:

gray wolf
08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
That's great!!!! :drinks:
Nice to here they were interested and the boy will never forget it.
You did good oh humble one of the range. :-D :-D

When I was a kid and in my early day's of shooting and stuffing. There was no
INTERNET. Had to get books and read and hope you met some one that took an interest. If you had a question you had to find the answer on your own.
Now a day's it is a whole different ball game. I guess it's some good some bad.
Well maybe not bad but it sure is different.
Any hoo nice job.

whisler
08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
You did a good thing there. It sure is something we should all do to promote our sport/obsession. Too many times we see ourselves as just too busy to bother. I hope to follow your good example if given the opportunity.

racepres
08-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Tell ya what!!! There is a person among us called Hairtrigger, who sent my youngest a Lee Loader.. for no good reason!!!Just likes Kids maybe! Now, The boy will send some pennance, but for the time being... he is busy loading for his old Rem. that his great GrandDad left him!!! Good... No, Great on you John!! and also to Hairtrigger... Sorry just had to Brag on Ya!!! MV

Bret4207
08-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Kudos sir! Good job.