PDA

View Full Version : Midway USA, DOUBLECHECK your order status!!!!

TheCelt
02-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Been a longtime customer of this company, they really are pretty passable company to deal with.

I requested an "in stock" notification from them for J-Words, which I got last week. I immediatly informed the group. Anyway, I placed an on-line order which they CONFIRMED by e-mail. Today (a week later) I got an e-mail saying they had oversold the item and I was only getting half my order. 30 seconds later I get another e-mail saying I wasn't getting anything and they were refunding me.

I would have thought that a company like this would have real-time inventory tracking to prevent this sort of thing. Heck, I didn't even get an offer to backorder for the next shipment! I reckon I am a bit miffed.

Anyways, I guess I'll quit whining now.......

trying2learn
02-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Hey at least you got the email. I ordered from precision reloading which sent the verification email and charhed me for the items. Then un known to me refunded the money a few days later and never told me the order went on back order. I had to call today to find out. They are however shipping what they have in stock then when the new stuff comes in. Whenever that is they will charge me and then ship it for free.

Again though I would think incentory would be updated as its sold. I even told the guy on the phone it showed in stock as we spoke. His answer was simply the inventory on the website ismt accurate.

khmer6
02-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Even with real time inventory there can be mistakes made. Someone keying in the incorrect delivery or something. But that does suck your entire order was canceled. I do think quite remember what is was like in 2008 when the madness hit, I know that by late 2010 there was a surplus of things. Anyone reckon when the market normalized last time?

prs
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
I bet their order department looks like a bee hive ready to swarm. Lots of folks entering orders and plenty of oppertunity for even computers to lag behind real time. My notification list is growing and growing, fewer and fewer supplies in my larder. I thought I was well stocked for this abomination (Obameration), but the only way to conserve is to shoot less. That stinks!

prs

garym1a2
02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
It happened to me on Brownells last month, except they showed the status a day later. It happens a lot more in warehouses than you think. they probally have the material just misplaced in the warehouse.

Huntducks
02-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Even with real time inventory there can be mistakes made. Someone keying in the incorrect delivery or something. But that does suck your entire order was canceled. I do think quite remember what is was like in 2008 when the madness hit, I know that by late 2010 there was a surplus of things. Anyone reckon when the market normalized last time?

Last time was a percived fear of 0 this time it's a real fear of 0 and the democRAT party and there lap dog media, take it serious.
we might never spin out of this one like before, the 2014 election could be the turning point in this country one way or the other.

Doc_Stihl
02-28-2013, 04:25 PM
You'd be surprised how many bugs can find their way into a big Resource Planning software package. I can't imagine how many item #'s they have in theirs inventory. And it all has to be counted at some point. It's easy to put part A in part B bin as well.

alamogunr
02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
All it takes is a few shipments(out of thousands) and no transaction to reflect the shipment and you show non-existant inventory.

It is really a no brainer but it depends on humans to work correctly.

Phoenix
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
There is a multitude of reasons this can happen. I have to say I have place 26 orders with midway since last june (yes I said 26) and Have never had a single issue. I know it is happening but I don't think it is very prevalent. Not saying not to be proactive just saying your experience is not typical. I the current market its hard to believe they are keep up as good as they are.

detox
02-28-2013, 06:22 PM
My current bullet mold order from Midway is taking longer than normal to ship (i ordered Monday and here it is Thursday). I bet the same thing has happened to me, but no email yet. I'll also quit whining now

cloakndagger
02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
As someone who has worked in the kiddle of a supply chain (medical supplies) here is the usual situation.
Get confirmation from OEM that items have shipped (say 5,000 pcs)
Update supply chain item master to post 5000 units at 1200.
1200, website begins filling backorders until it accounts for all 5,000 units.
Next day order arrives, recieving calls, "bad news, oem sent 500 instead 5000"
Oh **** did you call admin "no, thought Id let you do that"
When the heck did you know about this?
"about three hrs ago when it got here"
Dont call me again today, click.
Hello boss, uuh we gotta problem, we were confirmed 5000 units from the oem but only recieved 500.
"when did it go live?"
1200 last night.
"and?"
All 5000 went through.
"sounds like your problem"
Yessir it is being taken care of as we speak.
"well get it done, slam"
So, you set up the server to fill the 500 and refund the other 4500, and send out an apology.
Three days later.
Admin puts out memo, commending boss for actions correcting the recent problems created by purchacing/recieving

Phoenix
02-28-2013, 06:49 PM
My current bullet mold order from Midway is taking longer than normal to ship (i ordered Monday and here it is Thursday). I bet the same thing has happened to me, but no email yet. I'll also quit whining now

Not necesarily. It depends on order volume. Most of the time it ships within two days. Prior to all this mess it was same day/next day. But I have noticed that once in a while it will take 3 or 4 days at most. I just had an order ship on Monday that I ordered on friday (they work weekends to ship orders, I have gotten tracking numbers on Saturday, Sunday, and the middle of the night)it took 3 days for UPS to show tracking. The order I placed today is showing in process. The order I just did had 7 different molds in it. They were backorders from the begining of January.

detox
02-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Your right . I just checked my account and order has shipped. I will be casting with my new RCBS 45 acp mold very soon

w0fms
02-28-2013, 08:13 PM
I ordered a mold on Tuesday (yeah they suddenly showed In Stock!) from Midway... so now I know it'll probably ship tomorrow.. ;) it's been taking Midway 3-4 days to ship since about January. Used to be that it'd be two hours after you ordered from them. It is what it is now.

I'll Make Mine
02-28-2013, 08:39 PM
I ordered a sling and a pair of swivels from Midway over the weekend (another vendor had them for a couple dollars less, until I got the shipping calculation -- Midway got my money); they shipped on Tuesday. Shipped UPS Mail Innovations (UPS ground to nearest major postal hub, then USPS to my door), which was under $5, and tracking shows it's on schedule for Monday delivery. I don't see anything to complain about (but then, I wasn't buying ammunition).

HangFireW8
02-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Most annoying, but stuff happens, especially in this environment.

Over the past 2 months, I've made small orders from Midway, MidSouth, and (was it?) Natchez, everything marked as in-stock got here, just a few days later than usual.

Then again I'm not ordering .223 or 9mm stuff. I guess the great buying rush hasn't reached down to 30-30 body dies yet. :)

HF

w0fms
03-01-2013, 06:54 PM
It did ship in 4 days.. just late enough I won't get the toys until Monday. I need to stop ordering sizers from them as because of the "free bottle of Alox" in the Lee sizers $19 shipping is the cheapest option... but yeah Midway, in stock is taking 4 days now to ship.

I'll Make Mine
03-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Aaaaaand, my order (sling swivels and GI sling for my Marlin 795) came today, after everything said to expect it on Monday the 4th. Again, I see nothing to complain about (it was reasonably priced, too -- about $27 for slings and quick-detach swivels to fit the posts that came on the 795 stock, plus shipping).