PDA

View Full Version : Recycling 102

jim4065
08-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I started crushing and saving aluminum beer cans 2 months ago and noticed that I've got 2/3 of a big fiberpak drum filled. Let's say 4 drums per year and what? maybe 50#'s per drum? Aluminum's going for 60 cents a pound down here, and wheel weights for 25 cents a pound. If I carry the three and drop the one (least significant digit) I should get a quarter ton of FREE shootin' stuff each and every year.

Sure - that's just a drop in the bucket, but what a progression! Cheap Milwaukee's Best keeps my spirits up as my aim grows worse, and provides plenty of malefactors (Empties) to shoot at. Crush what's left of the cans and trade 'em for lead to shoot at more cans! And on and on. Ain't life grand?

:drinks: :mrgreen: :Fire: :drinks: :mrgreen: :Fire: :drinks: :mrgreen: (ad nauseum)

BOOM BOOM
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
HI,
I save pop cans & scrounge range brass that I don't reload for the same reason.
the stuff I can use is shot till it splits & is saved to trade/sold for TW, primers , tumbling media, or powder.

1Shirt
08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Think you ought to let Al Gore know that you are green!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Lee
08-07-2007, 04:48 AM
Any man who drinks Milwaukees Best can't be all bad. (An the more ya drink, tha better it tastes[smilie=1: )................................Lee:wink:

Chunky Monkey
08-07-2007, 07:34 AM
New guy from central PA here also saves pop and beer (Iron City Light and Old German) cans :drinks: . Curious whether the silver primers (CCI, etc) are also brass? Got a small coffee can full of silver and gold primers that I have been saving for $.

imashooter2
08-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Primers are brass. They go right in with the scrap cases. Last trip to the yard got me $1.50 a pound on brass.

BTW, at this same yard, WW were 20 cent a pound last year. A month a go they wanted 60 cent a pound.

georgeld
08-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Chunky:
How long did it take you to fill that can??

I've got one within an inch of the top since June '02
and three of those yrs I didn't punch a single one out.

Mine's a 3# can, is yours? Figure about 60lbs when flush full
of 3gr each primers. That's a whole bunch of 'em.

Chunky Monkey
08-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Chunky:
How long did it take you to fill that can??

I've got one within an inch of the top since June '02
and three of those yrs I didn't punch a single one out.

Mine's a 3# can, is yours? Figure about 60lbs when flush full
of 3gr each primers. That's a whole bunch of 'em.

Can is 11.5 oz its just a baby can. It's not quite full and an inch or two from the top. I've only been adding to it since May of this year. I was able to get about half of those from my brother-in-law who also reloads but does not save his primers. :mrgreen:

Freightman
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
The primers make good bench rest bag fillers, better IMHO than sand.

imashooter2
08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
The primers make good bench rest bag fillers, better IMHO than sand.

Fill a bag with $1.50 a pound sand? Not in my neighborhood!