PDA

View Full Version : Gimp Dancing with The Silver Lady

Gator 45/70
02-27-2013, 11:08 PM
This is about casting safety...Kinda

Was helping Cou-san Leroy last month install a gate made of drill pipe on Grandmaw's property, Seem's the local junkie's were coming in there and throwing down their dirty needle's, So Cou-san Leroy call's me up to help, So i run over there to Ragley La. about 110 mile's from the house,Meet him and we go out to the old place with a drill pipe gate to install.
Going good so far, We get the gate in and go to set the locking post and the hole is not deep enough..So Cuz break's out a 10# sledge and start's pounding away, I'm about 6' feet away and ''WHAM'' next thing i know is my right foot is hurting like a son of a gun...

I hobble over to the truck tailgate,sit down on a bucket and pull off the boot,Sure enough it's broken !!!
At any rate i got a bag and packed it with ice,Watched the posted child for Murphy's Law finish up.
Load my truck and i drive back home so my wife the R.N.can bring me to the E.room
I must say to the E.room's credit they did get me in and fixed up in a hurry !!!

So to finish up my story i got in a Lyman's mold last night 401608 .40 cal 175gr.

So necessity for safety being important in casting today this is what i came up with...

You can laugh now...

xs11jack
02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
I know it's funny, but if it works, who am I ???
Jack

runfiverun
02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
took me a second...:lol:

Gator 45/70
02-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Lol...Yes my Frank'en boot is open toed.

John Guedry
02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Sounds like you made the best of a bad situation.

x101airborne
02-28-2013, 07:12 PM
You are a better man than I.
Ya slap my foot with a hammer, I am gonna slap your head with a hand. Not to hurt someone, but to make a point. I would do it to my son or my father and anyone else who done it.
I pray for your recovery and I know the guy felt bad. I will pray for him also.
On the up side, you are going to have some down time now.......

Gator 45/70
02-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks' Gentlemen, Yes Cou-san Leroy and i are indeed related...He's a mess.

Poor fellow is the poster boy for Murphy's Law and has been all his life.I'm sure every family has a Cou-san Leroy.

I'm also related to Cooter Brown...and yes he was a real person !!!

Plate plinker
02-28-2013, 08:29 PM
I've been hit many a times by a kid that worked for me and his granddad. Got so bad I would scold him the use a hammer to brace whatever he was a whack'in at. Funny thing was when it was me and the old man we never hit each other cause we had an agreement that if one hit the other the guy that got hit could just watch for the rest of the day.