PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for sunshine.

DLCTEX
02-27-2013, 10:15 PM
The Texas panhandle is enjoying sunshine and above freezing temps today after the biggest blizzard since 1955. The highways are open here and the snow is melting. Love the moisture, but am ready for it to melt. We had 14 inches and Amarillo had 19 inches. The county roads are being worked on, but since they are dirt roads they are a mess, especially where the oilfield traffic is heavy. In some places they are using bulldozers to get trucks in and out. :)

starmac
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Yup The wife is in Lubbock wishing she was home. She called yesterday and said she wished she was where they could handle the snow. lol

runfiverun
02-27-2013, 11:54 PM
milk and bread on the way....

Rick N Bama
02-28-2013, 09:52 AM
milk and bread on the way....

I thought it was only in the South where the threat of snow brings on the rush to buy all the Milk & Bread the stores have:)

Rick

Olevern
02-28-2013, 10:21 AM
We've been having that white, fluffy sunshine that falls out of the sky for days now. Anybody wanna come and shovel out my driveway?

dagger dog
02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
We've been having that white, fluffy sunshine that falls out of the sky for days now. Anybody wanna come and shovel out my driveway?

Your welcome to come get my TO 35 it's setting in the barn with the chains and blade on and a tank of gas, keys under the rain barrel.

captaint
02-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Oh no !!! Folks even do that "rush to get the bread & milk" thing here. You'd think the
stores were giving something away. It's actually comical. I just chuckle. Mike

Larry Gibson
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Good thing that "global warming/climate change came back, eh?

Larry Gibson

DLCTEX
02-28-2013, 12:49 PM
The pre storm rush to the store was insane, as it always is. In 1992 we had a storm that blocked the roads for a week and the stores ran out of bread and milk among many other items. It was Thanksgiving week to boot and things were getting tough before the roads were opened. On a good note, there were no bills in the mailbox for four days.:)