PDA

View Full Version : Joaquin Jackson up for NRA board again. NO!

waksupi
02-26-2013, 09:58 PM
DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS MAN ON THE NRA BOARD OF DIRECTORS! I don't know how he got in the first time, and I don't know why the current board is supporting him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE&feature=youtu.be

Case Stuffer
02-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Thank you for bringing that to my attation. We sure do not need such negative views coming from within our NRA.

xs11jack
02-26-2013, 10:11 PM
What gives, the NRA mag. praises him up one side and down the other. I don't know anything about him.
Jack

GL49
02-27-2013, 01:16 AM
sounds like he's gone over to the dark side. Thanks, waksupi

Valley Forge
02-27-2013, 01:52 AM
thanks for the heads up.

GaryN
02-27-2013, 02:24 AM
Hmm, when I read the 2nd amendment I didn't read anything about magazine capacity or hunting. I guess they have a different version.

Bad Water Bill
02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
That has been his position for years. When voting most only look and see he was a ranger so ASSUME(you know what that word means) he is a good guy. WRONG he has hidden long enough. Vote this snake in the grass OUT and put someone in that can read and understand just what the 2A states and does NOT say.

Case Stuffer
02-27-2013, 09:26 AM
One needs to be extremely careful about what is said on live TV . Heck one needs to be extremly careful at all times these days. It seems that 98% of the population above 6 years of age has a Smart Pnone with Video capabilities aimed at the world. When one is elected to a post / position they need to remember who voted them there and unless it was an honest beauty contest it was not thier good looks that secured the votes.

IMO there is no such thing as an Assult Rifle however I did see a Salt and Pepper Rifle on U-Tube however. I have never seen a firearm Assult anyone ,any animal or any target for that matter. I served in Viet Nam ,was supplied with M-16, M-60 , M-69 ,1911, BMG and all the ammo I needed. These firearms were mostly black but mostly due to being a very durable finish not to make them appear to be more threating to Charlie.

My SA XD 9 SC is black and has 13 and 16 rnd.. Mags, does that make it an Assult Pistol? A good hunter should only need one round is true , smoke poles and bows most often produce one shot kills in the hands of true hunters. Thing is if we conceed mags. to 5 rounds max. then next it will be 3 then 1 then none.

Wonder if Mr. J has ever heard of three gun matches ,wonder if LEO would go to 5 round mags. to prevent LEO issue mags. from getting into the wrong hands.

Who remembers the reduced mag. capacity and import restritions durning the Brady Bill years and how little effect it had on anything other than honest law abiding firearms owners.

In 3 months I will be 68 yers of age. In my state way back when one could apply for a cary permit at 18. It was for open carry only and one for each hand gun. You had to have one even if you were hunting with a Deer Rifle and wanted a handgun to shot squirles,rabbits are whatever. What is a Deer Rifle anyway? Perhaps that is part of the problem. If were call a Model. 94 Winchester 30-30 a deer rifle then that must be all they are intended to be used for. Perhaps we need new classes of firearms classified as self defense,home protection,milliarty ,law enforment , hunting, target shooting,etc. or perhaps the Goverment and LEO should go after the lawless and leave us good citizens alone.

Coming up on 50 years of carrying and have never shot anyone as a civilian. Only shots fired in anger were in Viet Nam and that was in the line of duty and besides they shot first.

Sorry to ramble on but this really got under my skin.

Bill*
02-27-2013, 09:53 AM
WOW....and I just got my American Rifleman with the ballot in it on Monday. Looks like my decision is now 25 of 28 not 29

Able 5
02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you Sir, for the heads up. I to just received my ballot.

waksupi
02-27-2013, 12:53 PM
I will put in a plug for Lance Olsen. I've known him since he was a kid, along with his dad, and grand dad. No better representative could we have, he understands the 2nd perfectly.

Cactus Farmer
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
I detect a bit of that LEO smugness,like his stuff and his being a ranger makes him better than us "ordinerry" folks. I wonder if he can pick up a t*rd from the clean end.

Bad Water Bill
02-27-2013, 02:07 PM
I detect a bit of that LEO smugness,like his stuff and his being a ranger makes him better than us "ordinerry" folks. I wonder if he can pick up a t*rd from the clean end.

Absolutely. And his fingers always carry a fragrance of HOPPE'S #9:mrgreen:.

Recluse
02-27-2013, 02:31 PM

Jackson was--and is--a one man walking talking self-promoting PR machine. To read his book, you'd think the State of Texas would've died and gone under and been taken over by Mexicans and Martians if he hadn't been on the job. :rolleyes:

I have about as much use for him as I do squib loads.

:coffee:

GOPHER SLAYER
02-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the very informative message. He has lost my vote.

TCFAN
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
The NRA has enough problems. They don't need a *** like this.Thanks for the heads up...........Terry

Junior1942
02-27-2013, 04:20 PM
+1 on him not getting my vote. I never vote, but this time I am. Can you say 'Pompous ***"?

popper
02-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Not a member but I agree. NRA started as a rifle shooting club but has gotten very involved in gun rights matters and safety. It also has become a quasi-licensing authority. Like the IEEE, can't decide what they should be. It needs board members that have a vision of what it needs to be and go do it. He isn't the one, and I think there are others that need to find a real job at some newspaper like huffpo. Where is Moses when you need him? LP's 'guns for teachers' is a bad idea also. If you disagree, PM me I'll give you the real problem.

shooter93
02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
A number of the "board recommended" candidates are not my pick. But then I was a Neal Knox advocate which never set right with the "board"

bob208
02-27-2013, 07:36 PM
i belive in no surrender no reterat and no compromise. he is not it.

41 mag fan
02-27-2013, 08:32 PM
He has money I bet and donated a large sum to the NRA is how he got in.

Recluse
02-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Not a member but I agree.

Don't care what you think, then.

LP's 'guns for teachers' is a bad idea also. If you disagree, PM me I'll give you the real problem.

I did a lot of substitute teaching when I was finishing up graduate school--prior to which I had been in the military and then in law enforcement. I primarily taught in junior high and high schools and ran into a number of male teachers who were ex-military, many of them combat veterans.

My younger brother is a school teacher and a veteran and a CHL holder. He knows a large number of teachers, male and female, who absolutely support the idea of them being able to defend themselves and the children by being (legally) armed.

Ever been to Israel? I have. When's the last time you read about some Palestinian goat-huggers shooting up an Israeli classroom or field trip--or for that matter, any sort of mass shooting?

No need for me to take this to PM because I have no interest in your position.

:coffee:

possom813
02-27-2013, 09:00 PM
WOW....and I just got my American Rifleman with the ballot in it on Monday. Looks like my decision is now 25 of 28 not 29

Is it the March issue? I've looked through it, but haven't seen the ballot anywhere?

Goatwhiskers
02-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Waksupi, don't get me wrong, I completely respect your position. Joaquin Jackson is speaking from a lifetime as a lawman in an era that you and I have not experienced. I've met the man and have read his history, don't know that I could have handled situations that he has, such as storming a jail in which the prisoners had broken out and into the armory and were holding LEO's at bay following his boss and with two other Rangers. I have no personal use for "assault" type weapons but I believe you have the right to own such with 30 round mags if you wish and to shoot a case a day if that's what you want. Frankly I believe the 2nd means exactly what it says. Nuff said. GW

Case Stuffer
02-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Lifetime and anual members with five or more consecutive years of mebership are voting members.

I have been Life / Endowment member for so many years I forget how long. Moved seven years ago and have no ide where I packed my Endowmwnt Plaque but hope it shows up some day.

shattered
02-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Lifetime and anual members with five or more consecutive years of mebership are voting members.

I have been Life / Endowment member for so many years I forget how long. Moved seven years ago and have no ide where I packed my Endowmwnt Plaque but hope it shows up some day.

I'm a Benefactor member myself... so is the wife. This guy is dead meat as far as I'm concerned. No compromise... (I also have a ton of HKs so that's where that comes from). Hell, 99% of all my stuff is title II, wonder what he'd think of that?

smoked turkey
02-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the good info here. I know now who not to vote for and who to vote for. Just another reason to love this place.

TXGunNut
02-28-2013, 01:41 AM
I haven't met Juaquin Jackson but I've been called an "old school" lawman and won't go into what that means. I've read his book and I feel he's a good man but may have mispoken a bit or fallen into the trap of hunting rifles vs 2A firearms. I consider myself heavily armed with a single-stack compact 45 but like Juaquin I keep something a little more effective close by. In my latter LEO years I purchased my own "patrol rifle" and years after turning in my badge I still keep an ugly gun around. If all he feels he needs is five rounds in a rifle I'm OK with that. I hope he'll understand that I disagree with him on that point. I prefer a 20-rounder but if you like a 30-rounder I'm OK with that.
I understand him, I'll vote for him, but I hope he'll choose his words more carefully on a few topics in the future.

TCLouis
02-28-2013, 01:42 AM
YEP time for delbert misinformation to go.

Obviously he does NOT have my support any more

Firebricker
02-28-2013, 04:51 AM
Thanks for posting this a lot of the time all you have to go on is the right up in the magazine. After hearing Mr. Jackson he won't be getting vote from me. FB

Oreo
03-01-2013, 12:21 AM
What about the rest of the names on the ballot? Anyone else worth excluding?

cbrick
03-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Good post, here I am about to fill out the ballot when I stumbled onto this post.

NO compromise, zero, zip, nada, none.

The ONLY way to compromise on the Constitution is to be willing to give a piece of it away every time you compromise.

If you cannot understand "Shall Not Be Infringed" you have no business on the board.

Rick

felix
03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Yep! ... felix

youngda9
03-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Nobody else should determine what I need for self defense...that is up to me and me only.

This guy's got to go. Typical elitist cop attitude.

shooterg
03-01-2013, 03:18 PM
I only vote for 5 or 6 on each ballot - only ones I truly believe are 100%. Like someone above, I was a Neal Knox man and still agree with his widow and son Jeff on most matters, google "Firearms Coalition" if you want to see what they're about.

felix
03-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Neal Know was a BR man and a good lawyer too. ... felix

Matt_G
03-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks for posting this Rick.
Are there any other bad apples in this bunch?

I guess I will hit some libtard gun control sites and see who they hate the most on the NRA board.
Those will be the ones I vote for. :mrgreen: