PDA

View Full Version : Revoking my husbands Drivers Lisence

2HighSpeed
02-25-2013, 04:28 PM
2nd accident in a year! He was at a stop light earlier today, On post, and someone was flying around a corner too fast, Lost control and took off his front end. Ugh I am so mad. Its a brand new truck. Worst part is the other guy didnt even get ticketed. My husband is ok, No one was injured. But this is the 2nd truck in less than a year that has gotten dinged up while he was driving. I personally havent had any accidents since 1997. So I dont understand how he keeps finding accidents to get into.

bob208
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM
i have not had an accident since 1980. but there were times when i thought i had a bullseye painted on my truck. some times they just come out of no where. in fact i had 3 near hits a week ago lucky i could dodge them.

WILCO
02-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Some people are magnets for others. Glad he's okay.

cloakndagger
02-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Sounds like yall should trade the daily driver for a deuce and a half

bruce drake
02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Weren't his fault. The other fellows insurance should be picking it up. Get copies of the traffic report and start calling the other guys insurance daily until the truck is either repaired or replaced. More inportantly, tell Husband to go to the clinic and get checked out. I got T-boned last May and am now dealing with serious neck issues that I just shook off as being "sore" from the accident.

Bruce

popper
02-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Unless a LEO witnesses it, he cannot ticket. Get the accident report and keep calling the insurance co.

fivegunner
02-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Did he stop to pick up a wheel weight??????

dakotashooter2
02-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Probably after the other guy jarred them loose.............................

Harter66
02-25-2013, 05:54 PM
I had a run like that about 4 yrs ago. Every time I turned around and really nobodies fault. My Explorer got it twice in 1 night,not 2 weeks later in a parking lot an older lady drove down the side of our Caddie. 1 wrong step laid my motorcycle down in a ditch. All that inside inside 4 weeks. The wrist healed up good from the ditch, the ins paid for the double header on the explorer, the Caddie fender popped out and cleaned up. Turns out it was just a moon cycle thing I guess, stuff smoothed out and its been trouble free since.

LUBEDUDE
02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Did he stop to pick up a wheel weight??????

LMAO! :drinks:

2HighSpeed
02-25-2013, 06:15 PM
We are told Texas is a "no fault" state and that the other guys ins will only fix the other guys vehicle. The deductible on my husbands truck is $500, $100 on mine, he holds a SC policy and I hold a NY policy since that's where are vehicles are plated and registered. Our ins said the deductible will be higher then just replacing the bumper and fixing the fender. It looks like Edward scissor hands had a heyday with his bumper. If it was his old truck I would just leave it all ganked up, but it's a 2012 and I don't want it looking like poop.

LUBEDUDE
02-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Well that just plain sucks.

starmac
02-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Unless texas has changed the way they handle it, even if it is a no fault accident, it will just show up on your driving record to your insurance co that he was involved in an accident. It will not specify whose fault it was, and my insurance tried to double mine when I was involved in an accident, even though I did everything possible to avoid it. I had to pay for an accident report several months later to give my insurance co, to straighten out the mess.

DLCTEX
02-25-2013, 07:15 PM
My wife was backed into at an intersection in Dec. The other driver's insurance paid the repair bill and paid us rental expense while our car was down. No, Texas is not a "no fault" state. The fault will be decided by the insurance company and if the other driver does not pay, your insurance will pay and then take the guy to court. Fault will be decided either way. You will need a copy of the police report to send to your insurance company and then let your insurance handle it. Ask about a rental meantime.

opos
02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Sounds like he needs to learn the phrase "See what you let me do"? I had a cousin that used that phrase all the time when we were kids...every time something would happen that he was involved in he'd say "see what you let me do"....

km101
02-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Unless a LEO witnesses it, he cannot ticket. Get the accident report and keep calling the insurance co.

Tell that to the Texas Highway Patrol. They routinely write tickets at accident scenes!

Fretboard
02-25-2013, 08:18 PM
I tell my kids not to be the first person that goes through the intersection.

Wayne Smith
02-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Tell that to the Texas Highway Patrol. They routinely write tickets at accident scenes!

It was on base. Probably different rules. Not his fault, nothing he could have done to prevent it if he was sitting still. No reason to pull his license. I can tell you are from NY!

41 mag fan
02-25-2013, 08:32 PM
my wife seems to have the problem of every vehicle we buy gets wrecked...somehow.
After the 3rd wreck in 4 yrs, ins notified us she gets in another, they're going to drop us. Sad thing is, they're not her fault, they are from other drivers, and the "no fault" policy applies here to, even when they run a red light!!

2HighSpeed
02-26-2013, 08:55 AM
I haven't been in one for years, aside from backing my truck into aight post day after I got it. Oh and a parked car and a grocery cart too. I was used to driving a dodge caliber and upgraded to a dodge journey. Def wasn't expecting to be driving a boat. None left any damage on my truck, the pole, other car or cart though.

2HighSpeed
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Oh, and I now have a back up camera that beeps annoyingly if anythings in my way

Wal'
02-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Know the feeling......my best mate backed into the rear of my car, then someone decided to smash the rear window for fun & last year parked in the snow another idjit did a snow dance on the roof.

Me, haven't even put a scratch on it & it looks like ****. :( :roll:

BPT
02-26-2013, 12:50 PM
9 years or so ago, I hit a tree stump in an empty lot. The next day I had pulled my car into the driveway instead of parking it behind the house so my parent's could look at it. And my dad backed into it. 2 different doors in 2 days. Then 2 days later someone came up and kicked in my driver's side door to make it 3 different doors screwed up in 4 days. But i got over it and didn't have any issues for a few years till a friend backed into it getting the 1 door that was still good, he was going accross the street to taco bell... **** happens. Glad your husband seems to be doing ok and I hope everything works out for yall.

Phoenix
02-26-2013, 01:08 PM
We are told Texas is a "no fault" state

i was wondering about this. I dont recall texas being no fault but that was 25 years ago. In most no fault states the other persons insurance is only relevant if they dont have any, then the uninsured motorist coverage comes into play.

Phoenix
02-26-2013, 01:13 PM

Never heard of this before. in the seven states I have lived in, none were like this. I know people that have gotten tickets for accidents that had no witnesses and involved nothing but them and the ground. In allot of those places They had a rule. 'Someone has to get a ticket' when there is an accident. I kid you not. All accidents were ticketed.

CBH
02-26-2013, 01:17 PM

Not true in Kali,unfortunately. Don't ask how I know.

Recluse
02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
We are told Texas is a "no fault" state and that the other guys ins will only fix the other guys vehicle. The deductible on my husbands truck is $500, $100 on mine, he holds a SC policy and I hold a NY policy since that's where are vehicles are plated and registered.

Texas is not a "no fault" state. Far from it. Where the insurance policies are written (NY or SC) is also of zero concern.

You said this accident occurred on the post (assuming Hood) and no citation was issued? Times must have really changed in the military since I was last in because the SPs/MPs would issue you citations for just about anything, and having a wreck on base or post was a big no-no, civilian or military.

Not exactly. More often than not, the use of "right away" is what allows the on-scene officer to issue citation/s and determine fault. There are scores upon scores of schools and training academies to (better) teach LE how decipher a traffic accident scene in order to determine fault.

:coffee:

Bad Water Bill
02-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Years ago I was standing still with my foot on the brake waiting for the car 4 in front of me to make a left turn. BANG Someone rearended me hard enough to start a chain reaction that stopped with the very front car being pushed into the left lane. EVERY one of us got a ticket for reckless driving.

We should have left enough space between us to have prevented the accident the cop said. We were not driving we were stopped dead in our spot.

Yes the judge agreed we should have left space enough to have prevented it.

Every one involved in an accident MUST get a ticket. The city and LAWYERS need the money.

starmac
02-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Pretty bad when being stopped is considered wreckless driving. Cali and florida both consider a parking ticket a moving violation, talk about a head scratcher. lol

Down South
02-26-2013, 03:24 PM
I was sitting at a red light the other day when a group of bangers pulled up beside me. They had rap music going so loud that it was vibrating my windows. There were Obama stickers all over the car. The driver looked over at me and gave me the Hawaiian peace sign then they took off through the red light.
An 18 wheeler broadsided them in the center of the intersection demolishing the car.

I sat there for a moment thinking, “That could have been me…….”

The next day, I applied for a truck driving job.

Edit to add: My wife stays on my butt too. The last accident I had was when a ran over a cop. He sure was mad. "This is a true story".
It's just a guy thing I believe. I put dents in everything I drive eventually. The last two dents were made by others I'm guessing in parking lots because I never knew when I got them until I discovered them.

2HighSpeed
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Recluse, IDK much about Texas law. All I know is neither the guy (a PVT) or my husband (a SGT) Got ticketed. I know that when the PVT got out of the car and saw my husband e-5 rank, He came to parade rest then started apoligizing. The cop was very lax and told my husband "**** happens", So he has a police report and the guys info, But the guys INS says tx is a no fault state and if we want the truck fixed we need to fix it our selves or go through our own ins. UGH!
Soooo I told my husband, He needs to drive it all banged up cuz we aint filing a insurance claim for something that will cost then to fix then we would pay with his deductible. Because of his last accident, And the one before that, and the one before that, Our insurance that used to be $70 a month for full coverage, now costs us $190 a month for full coverage.

Texas is not a "no fault" state. Far from it. Where the insurance policies are written (NY or SC) is also of zero concern.

You said this accident occurred on the post (assuming Hood) and no citation was issued? Times must have really changed in the military since I was last in because the SPs/MPs would issue you citations for just about anything, and having a wreck on base or post was a big no-no, civilian or military.

Not exactly. More often than not, the use of "right away" is what allows the on-scene officer to issue citation/s and determine fault. There are scores upon scores of schools and training academies to (better) teach LE how decipher a traffic accident scene in order to determine fault.

nicholst55
02-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Having spent many years at Fort Hood, I will attest that it is a dangerous place to drive. In case 2HighSpeed hasn't noticed, your insurance company charges disproportionately high rates at military installations. Something about all those young males driving, alcohol, drugs, etc. Add to that the fact that every young service member just knows that they, personally, are invincible, and it certainly doesn't help anything.

gew98
02-26-2013, 06:06 PM
hey now.... you're starting to sound like my wife.....enough already !.

Recluse
02-26-2013, 08:39 PM
But the guys INS says tx is a no fault state and if we want the truck fixed we need to fix it our selves or go through our own ins.

The private's insurance guy is full of bovine excrement right up to his ears. Texas is NOT a no-fault state and you NEVER listen to the opposing person's insurance company or lawyer.

File a complaint with Texas State Attorney Greg Abbot's office--you can do this on-line--and then follow up a few days later with a phone call. Include all pertinent information about the private's insurance company including names and contacts.

I assure you they WILL become VERY cooperative, VERY fast. In the meantime, begin getting estimates for repair ASAP.

Had a similar experience as you a few years back, but in a parking lot. The numbnut's insurance company was from another state and trying playing the delay and stall and dodge game. I filed a complaint with Greg Abbot's office and had a full settlement check less than two weeks later.

350Gr
02-28-2013, 10:01 PM
The private's insurance guy is full of bovine excrement right up to his ears. Texas is NOT a no-fault state and you NEVER listen to the opposing person's insurance company or lawyer.

File a complaint with Texas State Attorney Greg Abbot's office--you can do this on-line--and then follow up a few days later with a phone call. Include all pertinent information about the private's insurance company including names and contacts.

I assure you they WILL become VERY cooperative, VERY fast. In the meantime, begin getting estimates for repair ASAP.

+1; get a lawyer and checked out medically. Only way you should pay for your vehicle is if you were in the wrong place at the time of the accident.

350Gr

Epd230
03-11-2013, 05:35 PM

LEO can and should have issued a ticket even when he/she did not see the infraction. The difference is, when the violator shows up at court and pleads not guilty, the victim has to be there to testify in the following trial. If the victim is not present in court, the ticket will be thrown out.

Sounds like your Texas accident involved two cars from out of state. LEO probably got lazy or just figured neither party would return for court. Should be a no brainer for the LEO, cause the ticket will more than likely be paid through the mail-no court.

Bad LEO, no more donuts for you!

trying2learn
03-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Actually no. Atleast not here. If I domt see the infraction then there has to be a witness willing to sign a affidavit stating what happened. Or there has to be undeniable evidence of what happened. We can't just write a ticket for something we felt like happened. So I would say good leo for not just writing a ticket for people out of state hoping it would have been paid.

Now having said that I wasn't there nor were any of else of us besides the people actually there. So in that fact I am not commenting on what happened or how it was handled. As it is not my job to second guess the decisions of people doing thier job. Whe. I am not there to watch or be involved in.

I hope that my thoughts were clear and easy enough to follow. Its been a very long two days of work.

Epd230
03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Good point. In the end, every state has different laws and procedures.

Bad Water Bill
03-14-2013, 08:11 AM
My son spent 2 years searching for a VW Pickup diesel. Finally found a 1982 RUST FREE in great running condition.

6 months later he is driving in the left lane with a CONCRETE median separating him from oncoming traffic.

A young female pulls out of a gas station on his right side and proceeds to destroy his vehicle. Her boyfriend gets out of her car and starts beating on the drivers door while my son is calling 911.

When the cop shows up 10 minutes later SHE gives my son a ticket for failing to yield.

Now it gets interesting. The car is titled in one state,and plates from a second. No 2 names match. Drivers license issued to a Chicago address (with still another name) but the driver says she lives in the So suburbs.

Her ins co said that since Steve got a ticket he was OBVIOUSLY GUILTY. Case closed.

We took pictures of the vehicle and presented them to the judge in court. The judge said "I am not an expert on accidents BUT even I can see that this vehicle was struck from the right pushing the fender and bumper far forward. Since the barrier was there you had no place to go to avoid a reckless driver. Even I can see she hit you"

The officer was not there but was represented by the village attorney who asked to see the pictures. "I agree 100% with the judge you sir were not the guilty party, she clearly was. I apologise for your troubles sir and will have a serious conversation with the officer." Case dismissed.

The claims adjuster was in St Louis Mo, and based his decision on the ticket only. Corporate headquarters was in Ohio and said the adjuster has the final word.

The destroyed vehicle still sits in my driveway waiting for me to parts out. If we even get 10% of what he paid for it we will be lucky.

No mention of the fact that the BLACK FEMALE officer and the 2 BLACK occupants of her vehicle called my son all kinds of racist names.

By the way Steves best friend was born in Africa and is the son of that countries ambassador here in Chicago. Racist young man I think not.