PDA

View Full Version : Grafs came through!

Mal Paso
02-24-2013, 11:57 PM
I didn't have the cash for my usual order until after the craziness started but I kept checking and 5 weeks ago Grafs got some of my powder in stock. I ordered powder and enough of the primers they did have to get me through the year. The prices were the same as last year, except shipping went up $1. The packaging was excellent, the powder was all one lot, and great service except for the 4 week backlog in shipping.[smilie=1:

We have a good sponsor!

The Alliant powder I got was made 12/17/12 and sold 1/16/13. In the past they ran 2400 about 5 times a year. I'm betting we'll see powders show up individually as they make each batch.

SciFiJim
02-25-2013, 01:42 AM
Warehouses are empty and manufacturers are rushing everything to market as soon as possible. It will continue this way for a while. JIT (Just In Time) delivery systems for inventory control has broken down under the unusual demand.

wallenba
02-25-2013, 01:58 AM
I ordered 3, 50 count boxes of 300 Savage cases from Sinclair. They were in stock. I got an order confirmation that day, and another e-mail the next, stating the order was 'in processing'. That was on 2-9-13. They have them, just are not shipping them. Called them 2-18-13, got doubletalk. E-mailed them on 2-21-13. Nothing.

PbHurler
02-25-2013, 06:56 AM
I've always had stellar service from Graff's. I haven't ordered much since the "panic" set in though, glad to hear they did you good!

captaint
02-25-2013, 12:25 PM
I've never had any problems with Sinclair. Wonder what's going on ?? Unusual for them, at least in my experience. Hope it gets worked out - right. Mike

flint45
02-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Everybody is swamped right know it will subside took grafs 4 weeks to get my 150 pcs. of w-w .30-40 krag brass to me.I think there doin the best they can.

David2011
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
A buddy alerted me on Feb. 13 that Powder Valley had some powders in stock that I had been hunting. I was on my way out the door to go home for lunch so I placed an order of the in-stock items when I got home. Their website was very clear that they expected to ship around March 7. By the next afternoon they were sold out of almost everything they had in stock on the 13th. That is today's business as usual. The retailers are just so inundated with orders that it's taking them weeks to distribute the orders. When you think about it, the only thing that's different is the speed at which orders are being placed. It used to take them weeks or months to sell the stock they purchased so they had weeks or months to ship it. Now we're buying an entire shipment as soon as it arrives but it still takes them a while to print the labels, pick the orders, receive shipping boxes, get their packing materials and box it all up for the brown truck.

I tried to only order what I thought I needed to get me through the competition, practice and hunting I expect to do for the next year. In normal times I would have purchased about the same amount of powder to spread the shipping and hazmat charges over several pounds.

David

detox
02-25-2013, 06:01 PM
So if I order a simple bullet sizing die that shows in stock., I will have to wait 3 to 4 weeks before it ships? Their site says 3 to 4 weeks.

1Shirt
02-25-2013, 06:04 PM
I have little desire to wait for an order, but if there is no alternative, then I wait!
1Shirt!

turmech
02-25-2013, 06:13 PM
So if I order a simple bullet sizing die that shows in stock., I will have to wait 3 to 4 weeks before it ships? Their site says 3 to 4 weeks.

That is what it is currently, or at least that is what is was when I ordered. Other bad news is they have a minimum order amount and a sizing die I don't think will meet it. On the bright side Grafs has always had the best price with shipping when I price shop.

uscra112
02-26-2013, 03:56 AM
Gotta remember that Grafs and even Midway aren't Walmart or Amazon, with casts of thousands filling orders and warehouses the size of Milwaukee. One of my nearby suppliers, who sells mostly milsurp stuff on the Internet, is just one guy with a 20,000 foot warehouse. How he's going to fare now I don't know - he's got a nearly no stock, nearly no sales, and nearly no cash flow.

I'm still in limbo regarding my Powder Valley order acknowledged Feb 9th. Not expecting to see it 'til mid March. So it goes. I'm reduced to scouring eBay for tools and gadgets. Just like NASA had to do when they needed parts for those antidiluvian computers they had on the Shuttles! Prices aren't always good, but deliveries usually are. eBay doesn't allow sellers to backorder.