PDA

View Full Version : Is there a thread for this?

huli
02-24-2013, 08:05 PM
I would like to see a thread of cast bullets gone wrong, with pictures and explanations of why they are the way they are? Ha anyone ever done this Kind of a trouble-shooters guide for beginners? Might be too much work just thought that someone who has the knowledge and time ,,Maybe retired , Could do this? Thanks Steve:-?

John Guedry
02-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Sounds like plan. I could have used that a buncha years ago.

huli
02-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Will we be seeing your post with this in it John?

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-26-2013, 07:46 PM
I would like to see a thread of cast bullets gone wrong, with pictures and explanations of why they are the way they are?

I think I seen a TV show on FOX sometime back called "cast bullets gone wrong" :twisted:

badgeredd
02-26-2013, 08:23 PM
I would like to see a thread of cast bullets gone wrong, with pictures and explanations of why they are the way they are? Ha anyone ever done this Kind of a trouble-shooters guide for beginners? Might be too much work just thought that someone who has the knowledge and time ,,Maybe retired , Could do this? Thanks Steve:-?

yeh, sure pick on the retired guys! :kidding:

I know it is a lot of reading, but most of the problems have been explained at various times. It is a good idea to come up with such a guide with pictures. Perhaps if you give us an idea of what you would like to know, one of us retired guys can give you some answers.

One problem I see with a guide as you mentioned is how we could keep all of the attached pictures in place. I know most of the pictures I have posted are in my photobucket account, but are subject to loss if something went wrong with that site. Any suggestions?

Edd

btroj
02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
I can post a photo of a HP that was cast too hard and shot too fast for good results on deer.

Most of mine don't "fail", they go right where I point them. Now pointing them where I want them, there are failures there!

Iron Mike Golf
02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
huli, I am thinking you mean to make a set of examples of boolits that get culled and sent back to the pot. Photos and what caused the problem, right?

huli
02-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah for us newbies to the craft<< That way when something don't look right we can compare to phots and maybe cure the problem without taking up a lot of bandspace....Thanks Steve

500MAG
02-27-2013, 08:09 PM
This is one that I started a while back about guns that were ruined due to bad loads.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?155344-Sore-Subject-I-m-Sure&highlight=Sore+subject