PDA

View Full Version : Here's a happy thought: There's a bit of "Magic" in a doughnut!

WILCO
02-24-2013, 04:21 AM
That's what I realized sometime ago. Doubt me? Try this, tell any loved one (any age) in a cheerful voice, at any random moment, that you need a doughnut and they should come along and get one too. Watch their eyes light up and the smile that jumps on their face as the magic puts images of sweet treats in their mind. All those delicious doughnut combinations! The happiness from those thoughts is priceless! Later on, repeat this process, but use another product such as a hamburger. The response just isn't the same.

Keep me posted as to how it works.

Olevern
02-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Ya tryin to get an old diabetic in trouble with the wife?

WILCO
02-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Did you feel the magic before fear kicked in? :)

41 mag fan
02-24-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't think I could do that....I said something like that to my evil half, her eyes might go from the glowing red, to whatever color they really are....haven't seen that true color in a decade.
Change is scary!!

bbs70
02-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Change may be scary, but I like doing something really out of character for me just to throw the wife off and keep her guessing.

km101
02-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Wilco,

I tried that with my wife. Her response was; "What have you broken now?" I guess the magic must be selective. She thought a minute and them said; "You're diabetic, you cant eat donuts!" Now she's watching me out of the corner of her eye all the time, like she thinks I might do something crazy. You really know how to get a guy in trouble. :)

runfiverun
02-24-2013, 09:08 PM
i got 5 absolutly not a chances, there was no way they were driving for over an hour to attempt to find a place that had donuts.

mwk1975
02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Kinda reminds me of a friend of mine's father. It wasn't unusual 10 o'clock at night for Selwyn to ask, "Who wants a doughnut?". His idea of doughnuts were beignets from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, a 120 mile trip, one way.... Nonetheless he never lacked for a slew of folks volunteering to go with him.

Love Life
02-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Try sweet potato donuts. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!