PDA

View Full Version : Sizer problem fixed

Tatume
02-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi Folks,

I thought you might be interested in a little problem I had, and the cure. Three of my revolvers are 41 Rem Mag, a 4-1/4" Freedom Arms M97, a 4-5/8" Ruger Blackhawk, and a 4" S&W M57 Mountain Gun. Veral Smith cut a 4-cavity, 240 gr WFN mold for me. Rick here on Cast Boolits made a 0.411" sizer die for me that is absolutely beautiful, with a long taper that seats 0.416" rifle-type gas checks wonderfully. But the problem was, cartridges loaded with my nice new bullets won't chamber in the FA or Ruger. All three guns have 0.410" throats (and no, I didn't measure first :-)). The Smith happens to have slightly longer chambers, and they fit in it.

Anyway, I ordered a Lee 0.410" push through sizer die. Now I size and lube with LBT Blue Soft, and crimp my Gator gas checks (also purchased here) using the 0.411" die in my RBCS lubrisizer. Then I run the bullets through the Lee die base first, and everything works perfectly. I'm as happy as a clam. Gonna go to the range tomorrow and turn lots of money into noise!

Take care, Tom