PDA

View Full Version : List of Custom Lee Moulds Designed by the members

Buckshot
08-01-2005, 07:26 AM
............Let me apologize to the member who originally posted this thread, and to those who responded. I was attempting to split off the posts re: Big Lube Bullets into a seperate thread and managed to do it incorrectly. As you can see I lost the original thread. Obviously NOT my intent!

Again, apologies all around. Sorry!

...............Buckshot

No_1
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
DANG the luck Buckshot!
No worries here pardner.....

It was me who originally posted the thread. I got the answer I expected which is not what I ask for. I have started a new thread called "oversized moulds) which I should have named something else now that i think about it.

I wanted to see what had already been made before I try this new fangled idea we came up with in chat.

Please leave this thread alone till I cut and paste it to word ;)

............Let me apologize to the member who originally posted this thread, and to those who responded. I was attempting to split off the posts re: Big Lube Bullets into a seperate thread and managed to do it incorrectly. As you can see I lost the original thread. Obviously NOT my intent!

Again, apologies all around. Sorry!

...............Buckshot

porkchop bob
08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
We have created so many 6-C molds, it is hard to keep track of them. Detail drawings are available for some at Castpics. This morning I found this posting
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=21262&postcount=70 for four types of 30 caliber CB. The 311440 was a group buy. The 311407 (mod 1") is now collecting checks and the 31141 is still be discussed (old vs new versions).

I think it would be neat to expand this type of posting.
_ Have one for each caliber (rifle and/or pistol as needed)

_ And for each caliber
__ show each of the 6-C molds we have created. (& 1-C HP)
__ Provide a table showing date of order, # ordered, Individual running the buy, ... and other details of interest.
__ Update as new group buys are sent to Lee to make.

_ Use Castpics to warehouse the detail drawings for use when it is time to do another run of a proven performer.

_ Create a uniform numbering system to identify each mold.
Examples:
__ If 31141 or 311041 is 0.003 larger, perhaps 311(3)041
__ 311407 (mod 1"), perhaps 311407(1)
__ And then add a - suffix to this number to show typical weight when cast in WW.

All of the above are suggestions, much of which have been made before. Easy part is making the suggestions. I know improvements can be made. Have at it. Hard part will be to implement.

Thanks, Bob

Buckshot
09-01-2005, 02:18 AM
...........Sundog is the honcho at Castpics, but trying to keep abreast of all these new custom moulds, working to keep a roof over your head along wiht other considerations can have a tendancy to have things get bogged down.
It WOULD be a nice resource tho, plus just being something to look at.

............Buckshot