PDA

View Full Version : Good local gun coverage by NY Times

waksupi
02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/us/in-montanas-kalispell-guns-are-a-matter-of-life.html?_r=0

I was happy to see Jerry Fisher ,and Lee Heglund mentioned in the article. Two of the best Guild members.

Foxcatcher
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Amen to the last statement. Some city folks just don't have a clue.

Don

shdwlkr
02-20-2013, 07:19 PM
In the gun battle we know that urban voters tend to want gun control and rural people don't. It is because rural individuals see firearms as tools to put food on the table, protect themselves and family and if needed community and country.
City folks see only the bad side of firearms each night they watch the news. We have misfits like Mr. Morgan on CNN who will never understand why firearms are important in America in the hands of the people.
If we lose our right to firearms we lose or our to freedom. Have you ever wondered why no foreign country has tried to invade us? Hint look at how many firearms and ammo is in the hands of the people we have the largest standing group of armed individuals in the world and as long as that stays so we will never see foreign invasion like so many countries have enjoyed.

We hear those who want to limit or really outright ban our right to have firearms of this or that type as it is in the interest of safety. My question is whose safety not the individual who is raped, beaten killed or robbed, so who then? The government my friends if we can not resist we can not be free and that is what our government is moving towards that we become servants of whoever is the tyrant in power over us and nothing more.

If you are old like me, former military, believe in the bible and a free republic then you are on their list be eliminated one day maybe on so far in the future. Why because you have no value; can't work up to the demands of the dictator, take up space, there are too many of us, we hold the bulk of the wealth of the nation and lastly we believe Christ is someone special.

Pb2au
02-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Excellent article and video, thank you very much for sharing.

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Never met Fisher, but I've been to Lee's house a few times, a real gentleman if there ever was one