PDA

View Full Version : Hornady - Contacting your Reps

cbrick
02-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Hornady joins Ruger, contact your Reps . . . Again!

http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/protect-your-rights

There is no such thing as too many letters, phone calls.

Rick

jhickdog
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Just sent mine in

smokeywolf
02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
I fired off a series of letters about six weeks ago. If Dianne Freakstein ever touches the one I wrote her, she's going to need burn ointment for her fingers.

smokeywolf

LUCKYDAWG13
02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
sent in

school of mines
02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Sent mine in as well!!!

hithard
02-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Sent, Thanks for the link....

Good luck with finklestine, She is way to equal to read anything that would come in the form of an email.

S&W-629
02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
thank you mine is sent

John Allen
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
I just sent it in. It took all of a minute

kbstenberg
02-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Mine is sent also

Floydster
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Mine is sent!!!! Now if I could just find another LNL without waiting 4 months.
Smokey loads

300winmag
02-18-2013, 09:20 PM
I sent mine I sent it for all states, here is 1 reply I received from Hornady Advocacy e-mail.

Thank you for taking action on our issue.

Your message for "Contact your representatives now." was sent on 02/18/2013 08:14 PM to the following recipients: President Barack Obama (D), Vice President Joseph Biden (D), Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH), Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Rep. Michael Turner (R-OH), Gov. John Kasich (R-OH), Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor (R-OH), Sen. William Beagle (R-OH), Rep. Roland Winburn (D-OH), Atty. General Mike DeWine (R-OH).

Gentleman keep it going:

Ozarki
02-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Sent mine
ozarki

41 mag fan
02-19-2013, 09:53 AM
sent mine then emailed the link to all on my contact email list.
Filled out for my wife and kids also

cbrick
02-19-2013, 11:05 AM
If Dianne Freakstein ever touches the one I wrote her, she's going to need burn ointment for her fingers. smokeywolf

It's pretty doubtfull that even anyone in her office will read it. When she first got elected I sent many letters to her, at first I would always get exactly the same canned response. The reply never changed, always exactly the same letter regardless of what I wrote her about and often the canned letter didn't even fit the question(s). After awhile she just stopped sending any replies/responses, nothing from her at all.

Writting to a devout communist is a waste of time. Perhaps if the letter started with "Madam Comrade" someone might read it.

Rick

Doc Highwall
02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Sent mine then emailed the link to all on my contact email list.
I even filled out one for my wife.

300winmag
02-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Here is my reply from Ohio:

Dear Mr. Ritchie:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding firearms legislation.

When our children and families are no longer safe at our schools, in our malls, and in our movie theaters, we as a country must take action. The shocking numbers of public shootings throughout the country last year, culminating in Newtown, Connecticut, demand that we engage in a serious national discussion.

First, thank you for sharing your thoughts about assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and the calls to regulate or ban these items.

From 1994 to 2004, Congress enacted a ban on semi-automatic assault weapons. The bill had three main components. The first section was comprised of a list guns that were banned by name, such as Uzi’s. The second section outlawed the future manufacture and sale of any new semiautomatic weapon with a detachable magazine and more than two of several assault-style features. The third section was an appendix which listed hunting rifles and shotguns that didn’t run afoul of the second section, and thus were exempted from the bill.

In 2011, law enforcement leaders such as Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Back, Oklahoma Police Chief Bill Citty, and Brockton, Massachusetts, Police Captain Emanuel Gomes, all separately discussed how their officers were being outgunned with assault weapons possessed by criminals.

While I have supported restrictions on the possession of semi-automatic assault weapons, and restrictions on the ability of criminals to possess handguns, I do not support an outright ban on guns or arbitrary restrictions on the right of law-abiding citizens to possess guns.

Secondly, thank you for sharing your thoughts on background checks for firearms owners.

I continue to receive numerous constituent letters voicing opinions on this issue. Gun shows have become a way for criminals and gun traffickers to purchase weapons without a background check and without a record of purchase. Gun sellers at these shows are not always registered the same way as owners of gun shops. This enables people to sell guns to criminals or the mentally unstable without any record being created for law enforcement. The International Association of Chiefs of Police supports improving and expanding the background check process to ensure that registration and background check is conducted for every gun sale.

Lastly, thank you for expressing your concerns over gun control and access to mental health care.

Many people have expressed concerns about holes in our mental health care system that contributes to violence. Though people with mental illness are not at an increased risk of behaving violently in general, there is a subset of individuals with mental illness who are at risk of violent behavior of the kinds we have seen in public gathering places.

Over the last few years, Congress has passed laws to improve the mental health system so individuals in need of psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and support do not fall through the cracks. Several components of these laws have yet to be fully implemented.

In a bipartisan effort to ensure that mental and behavioral health services are covered by insurance in a manner equivalent to medical and surgical services. Congress passed the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act in 2008 This law prohibits insurance companies from arbitrarily limiting the number of hospital days or outpatient treatment sessions a patient is granted, as well as prohibiting higher copayments or deductibles for subscribers who seek psychological services. Such practices by insurance companies were both wrong and counterproductive. This legislation will help the 54 million Americans with mental illness gain access to appropriate and affordable treatment. My Senate colleagues and I have been working with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to ensure this law is fully implemented. Additionally, I and several of my colleagues sent a letter to President Obama asking him and HHS to fully implement the law.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is also working to improve access to mental and behavioral health services. Individuals in Ohio who have been denied insurance coverage due to a pre-existing mental health condition can now access the new Ohio High-Risk Insurance pool. For more information on the high risk pool or to sign-up for coverage, please visit http://www.insurance.ohio.gov/Documents/07-22-10HighRiskPoolFAQs.pdf

The ACA immediately eliminated pre-existing coverage exclusions for children. Kids will no longer be denied coverage — or have services excluded from coverage — as a result of pre-existing conditions. Additionally, parents of young adults can now maintain coverage for their children until age 26. Serious mental illness is often first noticed in the late teens or early twenties, when the brain is changing rapidly and when pressures to perform are great. It is crucial that young adults with existing or emerging mental illnesses not experience lapses in coverage at this time of high risk.

Beginning in 2014, insurance companies can no longer deny coverage to individuals with mental illness and insurers cannot use mental illness as a reason to raise premiums. HHS also established an essential benefits package — a set of health care service categories that must be covered by most plans — that will take effect in 2014. Mental health and substance abuse disorder services will be part of this package.

The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act and the ACA represent tremendous strides forward for mental health coverage and access. However, we must also re-examine our mental health safety net, which has faced unrelenting budget cuts, reducing access for some our most vulnerable citizens.

We must work to reduce the stigma attached to mental health treatment, and find ways to support families who are concerned about the mental health status of their loved ones. It is essential that families know about the mental health resources available to them, and that they understand they have allies and other resources to which they can turn. Education about signs of mental illness, how to obtain a mental health screening, and how to access treatment services are simple but key ingredients to a successful national plan for managing mental health crises.

Gun violence is a complex issue and we must work together to uphold our Constitution while at the same time ensuring that our communities are safe. We can and must act to make such tragedies less likely in the future. Should any legislation concerning firearms come before the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator

Stay connected with what's happening in Congress. Sign up here for regular updates on the issues you care about the most: http://brown.senate.gov/newsletter/landing

cbrick
02-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Here is the reply I recieved from the Arkansas Lieutenant Governor. I like this guy, hope he runs for Governor.

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about the protection of your Second Amendment rights. I want you to know that I stand in full support of those rights as guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution and the Arkansas State Constitution.

Many of those seeking to impose gun control are trying to convince us that they support guns because they like to hunt. Hunting is great, but it is not the sole reason we have the Second Amendment. Our state constitution clarifies that citizens' right to keep and bear arms is "for their common defense." That is an important distinction.

President Reagan said, "Our nation was built and civilized by men and women who used guns in self-defense and in pursuit of peace." Millions of American gun owners are peaceful, law-abiding citizens. Taking their rights away will do nothing to protect our country. We need to be tougher on criminals, not those who abide by the law already. And, we do need to take a look at our health care system to see what improvements can be made to those who are dealing with mental health issues. It is an often-overlooked area that deserves more attention.

Essentially, when it comes to the gun rights debate, I believe we should be working to expand our rights, rather than restrict them. Some in government think they can solve everyone's problems by passing more restrictive laws. I think Americans have more freedom when we have a more restricted government.

Thank you for writing to communicate your concerns. I appreciate your opinion and stand with you. I hope that by standing together, our voices will be heard, the Constitution will be upheld, and freedom will prevail.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Darr
Lieutenant Governor

TheGrimReaper
02-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Just sent mine in

same here.

torker
02-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Just sent mine in also..

Cooperwin
02-20-2013, 09:18 AM
another sent

smokemjoe
02-20-2013, 09:24 AM
send also

captaint
02-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Sent mine in last week, via the S&W forum. And thank you Rick, I'm gonna do it again. Mike

300winmag
02-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Reply from Governor John Kasich
Ohio

Like all Americans, I was horrified as the tragedies of Friday, December 14th unfolded in Newtown, Connecticut. The deplorable act of violence that took the lives of innocent children and adults is beyond reason, and I pray that, in time, the families of the victims and the people of that community are able to find peace.

As you no doubt recall, we were all reminded of the evil that exists in our world when six students were shot, three fatally, at Chardon High School in Geauga County on February 27th, 2012. In the aftermath, the heroic stories of the first responders, teachers and staff who acted swiftly and selflessly to protect others showed true courage.

Since that tragic event, and in the wake of the recent tragedy in Newtown, the absolute necessity for school officials, parents, students and first responders to be trained and practiced in responding to these unthinkable crimes is of utmost importance. Various state and local agencies, including the Ohio Office of Homeland Security and the Ohio Department of Education, have worked collaboratively to implement, review and drill response plans. Moreover, these occasions of violence and heartache should give us all pause to think about how we treat each other, and the value we as a society place upon every life.

With regard to calls for legislation in response to these events, it is my belief that we will be best served by enforcing those laws that currently exist. And, in the weeks and months that follow, we should learn as much as possible about how this happened, and what steps we can take, including mental health awareness and school safety protocols, to guard against the senseless loss of innocent life ever again.

I appreciate your taking the time to write. Please join me and my family in continuing to keep the communities of Chardon and Newtown, and all innocent victims of violence, in our prayers. Thank you.

Bored1
02-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Sent on my end. Happy to see both the Governor, LT Governor, and District Attorney where included in this batch.

Gliden07
02-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Sent it out last night!!

Tom Myers
02-22-2013, 06:22 PM
This the first reply I have ever received that does not appear to be a canned response. I was impressed with the simplicity and sincerity of the response.

Senator Paul Gazelka
Office 325 State Capitol
St. Paul, MN 55155

Tom,
I share the same point of view as you do. I will do my best to defend our Second Amendment rights. This, unfortunately, is nothing more than a DFL gun grab. I think we will be able to stop it in the Senate.

Respectfully,

Sen. Paul Gazelka

Gliden07
02-22-2013, 06:40 PM
This the first reply I have ever received that does not appear to be a canned response. I was impressed with the simplicity and sincerity of the response.

Senator Paul Gazelka
Office 325 State Capitol
St. Paul, MN 55155

Tom,
I share the same point of view as you do. I will do my best to defend our Second Amendment rights. This, unfortunately, is nothing more than a DFL gun grab. I think we will be able to stop it in the Senate.

Respectfully,

Sen. Paul Gazelka

Great Response wish I shared his optimistic attitude!! Fingers and anything else are crossed and poised to type more letters!!