PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Melting Pot

Moondawg
02-18-2013, 04:12 PM
I have been looking all over for a New 20# Saeco bottom pour melting pot to replace a rusted out Lyman that I have been using for years. I can't seem to find one anywhere. When did Redding/Saeco quit making them? Or, do they still make them?

Le Loup Solitaire
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
You probably won't find a new one as they have been out of production for decades. The Saeco 20 pounders were the model 34 or T34 if it had a thermostat. It was great for smelting and ladle casting. I bought one new in 64 and it is still going strong...built like a tank. If you find one used...grab it as anything on it can be restored if necessary. I believe that Saeco got out of melting pots when they moved out of CA...The seventies? Saeco also sold the Model 24...a 10 pounder; it is a bottom pour and one of the better pots ever made. A similar unit was sold by Lyman, but both were made by the same company which may have been Ohio Thermal. The only thing currently made that resembles the Saeco nowadays is the Waage and that is highly regarded; the last price I saw on it was around $160. Definitely worth it. Keep hunting as you never know what can turn up. LLS