PDA

View Full Version : Can I get some advice?

2HighSpeed
02-17-2013, 12:21 PM
We have some nasty neighbors, As some of you may already know.
Anyway, My little guy was out there with me this am and he went to take a box to the recycle bin. Well our nasty neighbors where out and thier son who happens to be the block hellion was out as well playing with the sewar drain. Which is right near my recycle bin. Which my son was throwing a box into. I didnt see the kid untill it was too late, He pushed my son in the drain! Like really? Who does that? My son is 5, This kid is around 12-13. His parents wont do anything about it. Ive contemplated running over his bike next time he leaves it in the alleyway.
The drain isnt deep, Maybe 3 feet, So It was easy to get my son out, But he could have been seriously injured. And the kid just laughs about it and so does his parents. I dont know if I should tell my husband about it or not, He is absolutely fed up with these people already and Im fearful he may actually hit one of them if he hears about this. Its been a 6+ month battle with these neighbors from hell.

1911sw45
02-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Andrea,
Since its an on going thing with the neighbors I would have call the law this time and filed assault charges on the kid.

Adam

jmort
02-17-2013, 12:30 PM
+1
I would call the local LEOs and report the incident. I believe if you explain that you are concerned about the escalating behavior and the battery you witnessed is a crime. Funny how a visit from a LEO can make a kid steer clear of your kid.

dbosman
02-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Turn the kid in. Twelve on five -is- assault.
One of our neighbors had a sociopath for a son. They believed he did no wrong and he'd never start a fight. They were right about the last part. He got other kids to do the fighting. Dad was a lawyer. It takes police to convince some people that their kids are exactly the kid they don't want theirs to be around.

Love Life
02-17-2013, 12:40 PM
You have multiple sons right? Have them beat up the neighbor kid. That would have been the solution me and bonehead (my brother) would use. Sounds like the neighbor kid is a bully, and bullies usually knock it off and try to be your friend after a swift and solid beat down.

Violent? Yes. The correct way to go about things? Probably not. Effective? Yes.

texassako
02-17-2013, 12:40 PM
They must be relatives of my neighbors. The boy plays chicken with cars and the dad just laughs while watching, and when I said something he called the cops about me running down his kid. The little heathens tried for a few weeks to steal everything that wasn't nailed down in the front of the house, including landscaping rocks. I can't help you except to make sure they can't trace anything back to you since nasty people have nasty ideas of revenge. I live in an unincoporated neighborhood with a PITA strict HOA; so I just complain anonymously about every infraction I see in the hopes they get fed up and move.

TXGunNut
02-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Make that +2. A 12-13 yo kid with behavior problems could very well grow up to be a serious problem. LE needs to be involved, better sooner than later.

Love Life
02-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Really? Ya'll are going to sick the law on a 12-13 year old kid? What happened to parents dealing with these issues? What happened to the kids handling the issues?

km101
02-17-2013, 12:53 PM
It's a no-win situation, but you need to document the incidents with local LE, so that eventually something may be done. And to prevent possible injury to your son. Good neighbors are a pearl beyond price, and bad ones.........well you already know about that. Call the cops when something happens and try to protect your kids! Document, document, document! Dont try to take matters into your own hands, that will just make YOU the bad guy. Let LE handle it. Not a good situation, but its about the best you can do.

Wayne Smith
02-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Really? Ya'll are going to sick the law on a 12-13 year old kid? What happened to parents dealing with these issues? What happened to the kids handling the issues?

A litigiousness society, that's what happened! Everybody sues everybody else, so we have to get the authorities involved or take the chance of setting ourselves up to be sued. And, yes, a teenager physically violent with a 5 year old does, today, require the police.

Love Life
02-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Wow. I was not aware things had changed THAT much Wayne.

sundog
02-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Ft Hood, huh? Are you on post? A chat with the Provost might be most appropriate.

Larry Gibson
02-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Ft Hood, huh? Are you on post? A chat with the Provost might be most appropriate.

+1 on that. Or a visit with the parents (Soldiers) Commander or 1SG. The kid needs to be dealt with by the parents 1st of all. If they won't do it then they are probably the real problem for letting the kid get away with everything all his life so far. Situation should have been handled a long time ago but you need to do something now.

Larry Gibson

BTW; I retired as a 1SG and have handled numerous such cases with Soldiers and their families.

2HighSpeed
02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
This is a ongoing issue. The same kid hit my 10 year olds in the head with a bat, hit my dog with a crowbar and knocked out some of her teeth. My brand new 2012 dodge journey looks as if I drive it through the trees because of the rocks they have throw at it. Same kid threw a jar of scorpions at my 10 year old In August, 2 days after we moved in. He has stolen things from our carport, knocked the trash can over. Calls Nathan regarded and all sorts of other names. Called my 10 year olds nigers, hobos, gay, says he will kill them. Was cought pointing a gun at them a week or two ago. He says he's part of the "club killers". We are the only white people on the block. I'm not racist so why they gotta be? We have spoken to LE and they won't do anything unless its on video camera, 1st sgt and CO have been involved but the father is med boarding so they can't do much.

429421Cowboy
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow. That is a bad situation to be in! I would continue to involve the law, i would suspect that this kid raises as much hell at school as he does in your neighborhood, i wonder if they would get involved? With all this we hear about with bullying being serious business (which it IS, trust me, i got my fair share as a kid) and it needs to be reported immediately, it sucks that whatever you have done so far falls on deaf ears. I hope someone can get involved, if it was my family in that situation I would be the one the police would be looking for after the way they have treated your family.

Mustangpalmer1911
02-17-2013, 04:29 PM

Liberal PC America now longer lets parents put a size 10 boot up your kids *** when the need it.

Like everyone said call LE and report it and I bet a house with parents like that Child Social Services would love to make a stop at.

deep creek
02-17-2013, 05:48 PM
You need to let your husband handle this.Maybe the kids dad wont think its so funny if your hubby kicks ol dads A$$!! Remember if its not on film it didnt happen.We go overseas to fight for freedoom and come home and live like this?I dont care if your med boarding neihbor only has one leg id use it to drag his sorry butt into street and kick it for him.Nobody would do that to my kids errr grand kids now.Im not a tough guy just sooooooooooooo sick of the ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MtGun44
02-17-2013, 06:10 PM
These incidents need to be reported to LE. Vandalism, assault, etc. These are all crimes and
if you can get them on record, eventually there will be something where your series of
many reports will be important to the solution of this. Just letting them get away with
it is not the right answer unless you are willing to do it the old fashioned way - which can work,
but can also wind up with you being the bad guy.

Bill

Love Life
02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow. I that is bad. I would definitely get proof they messed up your paint so you can get a new paint job. If you can proof of them hurting your dog then you got animal cruelty. The rest is just assault, and if they are hurting your children after calling them those names then push for hate crime charges. Might as well go whole hog right?

I hope your situation improves for both your sake and the sake of your children.

ETA:I would soooooooooo run over his bike, but then again I am immature.

44man
02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Hurt my dog and you would be a bloody mass and buried so deep nobody would ever find you. Nothing to speak of hurting my child.
Things are different today, you have no defense at all. The law will not help either.
I was chased home by 5 punks after school every day but I was fast. One day I seen one alone, he was big and I had to jump in the air to punch his lights out. We took care of ourselves. Today you get expelled from school.
Something needs done because that punk will be a mass killer someday. His family is to blame but just what can another family do? It sounds like they are black so it could be racial discrimination that would be hard for a white to prove. You need a million dollars to start.
I am as far from a racist as you can find, having wonderful black friends but we all know blacks have an advantage when wrong is done. Not my friends, I trust them.
Anger will get the best of anyone and I would move away. I would look for the very worst to sell to.
Someone that has 10 pit bulls would be a start.

drklynoon
02-17-2013, 07:09 PM
OHHHH you forgot one charge and it is a dooooooosey, terroristic threatening. Pointing a gun and telling them that he is going to kill them. Yeah I would involve the law. It may be one persons word against another but I would ask the law what you need to do to get protection for your property and children from these people.

44man
02-17-2013, 07:22 PM
OHHHH you forgot one charge and it is a dooooooosey, terroristic threatening. Pointing a gun and telling them that he is going to kill them. Yeah I would involve the law. It may be one persons word against another but I would ask the law what you need to do to get protection for your property and children from these people.
OH YEAH, I forgot that! A real good one that will involve the FBI and Home Land security.

drklynoon
02-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes it will, A friend of mine had both of his sons charged for this made up bs for putting pennies on the train tracks. Unbelievable that People can act like her neighbors and get away with it yet two kids with pennies are fighting federal charges .

hithard
02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Your child needs to learn to make friends with some big kids, seriously. I know it's tough to have to see the little guy's grow up before it's time, but life isn't fair and will never be. However, in the long run he will be better off.

2HighSpeed
02-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Well it all came to a blow about 2 hours ago. The dirty little sh*tbag called me a "white trash bitch" and then pushed little man again. Soooo my oldest (he will be 13 next month, 5'6 155 pounds and a black belt in TKD) took off after the kid. Never knew the sh*tbag could run so fast. He went home crying covered in slimy Mudd and trash. Christian ax kicked him into the pond.
Parents came over threatening to press charges, so I called LE, LE told the parents there was no proof so they couldn't do any thing. This kid was all sniveling and snotting with scratches that look from tree branches on his face. Christian did not hit him though, just ax kicked him into the pond and had "a talk" with him. He told me "mom, I got this" after all was said and done. Pretty proud of my kid!

Love Life
02-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Good job and good to hear how it ended. Now you have to BOLO for retaliation from the weak punk your son just taught a life lesson to. It will be in the form of vandalism, theft, or directed at your younger child.

2HighSpeed
02-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Let him retaliate, we purchased security cameras today and have them installed and on. With motion sensor. Then we will have our proof and maybe the parents will finally be held accountable for Thier heathen. I'm tired of dealing with this punk. This kid kept picking on a 5 year old mentally and emotionally challenged kid, how low can one get.

Love Life
02-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Sadly pretty low. Hopefully the punk formerly known as tough guy has learned his lesson and will leave things be.

2HighSpeed
02-18-2013, 12:56 AM
I hope so too. Poor parenting I think is to blame.

crabo
02-18-2013, 01:10 AM
If there are no consequences, there is no reason to change the behavior.

TXGunNut
02-18-2013, 01:19 AM
No proof without video footage? I'm calling BS on the lazy LEO's. My LE career started before most folks had seen a video camera smaller than a briefcase, let alone had one in a smart phone. We still made all the assault arrests that needed to be made. Got convictions too.
And FWIW terroristic threats have been in the Texas Penal Code far longer than DHS has been stumbling around.
I'm proud of both your sons, 2HS. Older boy for taking up for little brother and the little guy for keeping his chin up. Damn shame more folks won't do the same quality job of raising our next generation.

hithard
02-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Keep the black belt thing to yourself, no need for this info to be known, but some for it to not.

Recluse
02-18-2013, 04:18 AM
If there are no consequences, there is no reason to change the behavior.

Shaking my head in disbelief. . .

Crabo nailed it. No consequences equals no changes in behavior.

There was a creep who was stalking my goddaughter not long after she came to live with us. Then the ugly texts started, then the harassment and finally the really ugly threatening phone calls (of what he was sexually going to do to her). Co-workers and church members gave me all sorts of wonderful advice about calling the law, hiring a lawyer, praying for the "poor misguided family who must have obviously been abused themselves," blah blah blah.

I took a slightly different approach.

With collapsible asp baton in my back pocket, I drove over to the alpha-hotel's house, rang the door bell and when Dad answered the door, I yanked him out of the house, pushed him into the side of the porch/entry-way, baton was extended and under his chin and I gave Dad a detailed description and explanation in about sixty seconds as to what I would do to him, his son and the rest of his sorry kids if the harassment did not stop and stop IMMEDIATELY.

I further explained to him that "yes, he could call the police and yes I might get arrested but that I'd get out on bail in a matter of hours after which I would absolutely come back, kill him, kill his son, set fire to their house and then start a worldwide internet rumor that his son had brutally raped my daughter and that he, the Dad, was a closet pedophile who had also participated in numerous sexual crimes on juveniles. We'll do all of this from the comfort of a another country that does not extradite to the U.S., but it doesn't matter because with no bodies there will be no murder investigation."

It's called violence of action and your husband is a soldier. He knows all about violence of action and it works.

The SOB I had to deal with was either dumb enough or scared enough--or both--to believe every word I said and the harassment stopped immediately.

When you threaten my family, you threaten me. When you harass my family, you harass me. I don't bother with the police or lawyers. I have teeth and I bite back.

If you take this route, you and/or your husband have to first and foremost be one-hundred percent serious about doing anything and everything you threaten this trash-family with. If you're not, they'll know it and you'll have even bigger problems. If you don't have it in you to do whatever it takes, no matter how violent, to protect your family, then throw yourself at the mercy of society and our useless justice system.

And oh but am I gonna get skewered by a certain section of the peanut gallery here, but quite frankly, I could give a rat's rear end less. I grew up in ranch and farm country where we didn't call the law on such situations--we handled them ourselves. And, fact is, we rarely had such situations because at the outset of one, someone's *** was getting whipped and that stopped the problem in its tracks.

Maybe it also helped that we did not have one single (expletive deleted) lawyer in the entire county at the time because there was only one district attorney and he served a three county area and did not live in ours.

Have your husband put the fear of Death, swift, certain and painful, into your alpha hotel neighbor.

:coffee:

Boerrancher
02-18-2013, 08:56 AM
I further explained to him that "yes, he could call the police and yes I might get arrested but that I'd get out on bail in a matter of hours after which I would absolutely come back, kill him, kill his son, set fire to their house and then start a worldwide internet rumor that his son had brutally raped my daughter and that he, the Dad, was a closet pedophile who had also participated in numerous sexual crimes on juveniles. We'll do all of this from the comfort of a another country that does not extradite to the U.S., but it doesn't matter because with no bodies there will be no murder investigation."

Recluse,

You are a man after my own heart. As I was reading the accounts of abuse the lady, her children, and pets have taken from these low life scum, I was thinking I would be doing exactly what you did. Often times the fear of pain is more painful than what the pain would actually be. Good on you for doing what is right.

Love Life
02-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Amen Recluse. Pain retains, and violence is always a good answer.

9.3X62AL
02-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Bless you, Recluse. Most of your posts make my day!

Unfortunately, violence is about the only language that this species of vermin understand succinctly. Fear can direct them correctly, but after getting harassed--assaulted--and belittled by trash like this, there is no satisfaction like coming away with that bully's blood on your fists. Had to go that route more than once in middle school, and more than once with one particular azzhat. I came close to killing that dude, and it's likely best that a school official pulled me away from the beat-down I was conducting on his person. In front of about 300 people at a basketball game. He was such a jerk, that no one seemed to have seen a thing. It did cause a little trouble with background checks for LEO jobs, but I told the truth and let the chips fall where they might. That was in 1969, and people STILL talk about the fights I had with that punk--who, BTW, has done Life on the Installment Plan within the CA Dept. of Corrections.

There is a great deal of truth to the maxim that "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men (and women) to do nothing." The police personnel you've contacted have done you no favors, likely out of concern that the suspect/family will throw out the race card. F--king weak, or lazy SOBs.

44man
02-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Thank you for installing my faith in real people.

41 mag fan
02-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Recluse, i got a big laugh out of that issue and how you took care of it!!

Back when I was 16 had this kid from a town a few miles away kept coming over and starting trouble. A few word matches over a few weekends and he made his play. I was in a '76 firebird of my friends and he came up and took an axe handle and busted me in the ribs breaking them.
So 3 weeks later I was healed up, little did he know I was what we called a hood. I sure wasn't a jock!
Was raised fighting with guys (friends) that were 10 yrs older than I. In fact 2 of the brothers of my friend were in prison for murder. Pretty rough lot to say the least.
So on the 3rd week, I went and got a 3' long 2x4, spun a handle on the lathe, taped it up real tight on that handle with duct tape, and put it in my Chevelle, and waited.
Caught him on the 5th or 6th week going into the arcade at Olney. Came up behind him and nailed him squarely on the right side of his right knee. He went down screaming, holding his knee. I flat out told him in many a choice words, he ever f**ks with me again, I'll go to his door and blow whatever parent away when they opened the door.
I hopped in my Chevelle and went up town, figuring wouldn't be long before the police came looking for me. About 30 min later, we see him go by heading out of town for home....friend of mine (kevin was his name, in prison now for murder), told me he'd be right back and took off on his bike chasing after him.
Came back and told me what he'd done. Caught up to him a few mi outside town, passed him and went up to Claremont turnoff and waited. As he came by, he put 7 (as we heard later) 9mm holes in the kids car.
Never seen that kid ever come back to Olney again. Nor did we have any police questions either.
That was close to 28 yrs ago. About 18 yrs or so ago, I was coming out of Walmart in Vincennes, and I swear I seen him going into walmart. He never seen me, or if he did, didn't recognize me. Way back then I had hair half way down my back, when I seen him it was buzzed military style.
But I noticed, if it was him, he limped on his right leg and used a cane.
Served and serves him right, and i've never regretted it.

Let him retaliate, we purchased security cameras today and have them installed and on. With motion sensor. Then we will have our proof and maybe the parents will finally be held accountable for Thier heathen. I'm tired of dealing with this punk. This kid kept picking on a 5 year old mentally and emotionally challenged kid, how low can one get.

Kids are cruel esp when it come to kids that are handicapped, ect.
I've got a 1st cousin with downs syndrome....it runs in my family, sadly.
I always pounded it into my kids, I ever hear wind of them making fun of kids like that or calling them names, well they'd see God in one eye and satan in the other.
Well I got a call when my boy was in 6th grade, of this happening. I swear it took him a week to be able to sit without much pain.
He never did it again either.

arjacobson
02-18-2013, 07:46 PM
I was a pretty small kid for my age. The two neighbor kids would chase me home after school and i would get a beating if caught. This went on for quite some time.They thought it was pretty funny.... Well it was spring time and happened to be junk day through out town(city picks up items thrown by the curb) Something snapped and i KNEW I wasn't going through this anymore.. In a pile of rubbish was a very nice round wooden dowel about 2" in diameter. I got to it right when they almost had me... The red headed kid took the worst of it when I swung the dowel and cracked him right in the forehead. The other kid saw what was going on and turned tail but got a nice wallop right in the small of the back...The red headed kids dad grabbed me roughly a few days later and started chewing me out about "beating his kid" I ended up explaining to him about what happened and told him I would do it again if the beatings didn't stop. I was( 9-10 yrs old at the time)... Well the dad didn't believe me right away but found out later everything I said was true.. seems red head and the other kid got a real beating when the truth came out.... Still kind of makes me mad after all these years how red heads dad grabbed me and roughed me up.. Maybe I will run into him one of these days.....I'm not that skinny little 9 year old anymore......

MtGun44
02-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Sometimes these nasty little kids grow up to be REALLY nasty adults and
manage to get away with nearly anything. The system just doesn't
work properly some times and then someone or a group in this case
needs to step up and 'solve the problem'.

Ken Rex was such a person. I know two people that lived in that town
and have read the book, and talked to the people that lived there.

Short version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy

Lots of folks standing right there, but darn the luck, nobody saw anything
about the "tragic accident."

Bill

Bad Water Bill
02-19-2013, 08:31 AM
As posted elsewhere "some folks just need killin."

Moonie
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
My two oldest sons had some issues getting in trouble at school for fighting. They would defend the weak against the bullies, bullies get no quarter in my opinion. One of those two young men is now one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children, proud of my sons and God help anyone that bullies someone they know.

Recluse
02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
My two oldest sons had some issues getting in trouble at school for fighting. They would defend the weak against the bullies, bullies get no quarter in my opinion. One of those two young men is now one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children, proud of my sons and God help anyone that bullies someone they know.

Good for your USMC son, good for your other son and especially good for YOU, as a dad, teaching your sons to not only stand up for themselves, but for those unable to.

My grandfather put me in judo when I was seven-years-old because the older, bigger neighborhood kids in town would pick on me and my friend and beat hell out of us. Two years later my grandfather added karate to the repertoire and when I was around eleven, the neighborhood bullies were beating hell out of a new kid who was far younger and a lot smaller than them--and was really scared.

There were three of those bullies and one was even in high school. I was terrified--right up until the first few punches and then one good side kick. "This stuff really WORKS!!!" I was thinking to myself. That was my first trip to juvenile hall because I took out four years of fear, frustration and anger on those alpha-hotels and looking back on it, probably hurt them far worse than I should have.

Summers in the country, we didn't have those kinds of problems, but back to town in the fall/spring with my parents for school, you had the city kids who all thought they were tough because they smoked or dipped Skoal or had long hair. My grandfather, a WWII combat vet who walked across Europe with a Garand in his hand, taught me you could not rely on the police or other people or anyone else when it came to taking care of your problems. You had to deal with them yourself.

I despise bullies to this day. I don't believe in anti-bullying legislation or "education" or "avoidance." I believe in ***-kickings and of such a magnitude that the bully is terrified to even CONSIDER pulling that garbage on anyone else for the rest of his life.

Again, GOOD FOR YOU for raising and teaching your sons properly!

onceabull
02-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Elmer & Silas K. problems with bullies in Montana ended the day they put the wood to them..Worked then,but the Keith boys dad had to explain life to the bullies parents. ---Still better than relying on the Guvmint in any form.... Onceabull