PDA

View Full Version : Two years this Friday since the Big Quake.

JeffinNZ
02-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Team.

Friday 22nd this week is going to be a bitter sweet day.

On bright side our very good friends and neighbours, Steve and Heather (Max) are getting married. Lovely people, great mates and hard working with their building business putting the city back together.

On the sad side Friday is the second anniversary of the quake that changed our city forever and took the life of 183 people including my good friend and old school buddy, Michael.

Spare a thought for all those in Christchurch still battling daily to achieve normality. Only just last week one of the long standing buildings at the airport was being torn down; two years on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/JeffinNZ/Quake%202011/CHCHEngineCentre_zps4ba55820.jpg

missionary5155
02-17-2013, 05:04 AM
Good morning Jeff
May the day remind everyone how precious life is and how important it is to be ready to enter eternity.
For us it was in 2001. Leveled the mountain village east of us I go to on Tuesday. Arequipa valley where we live (population of 3 million) was on the western fringe and only had a 6.
Mike in Peru

MBTcustom
02-17-2013, 07:47 AM
I remember. It doesn't seem like it's been that long! Seems like it was last spring. What a terrible day in history.

DLCTEX
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
The only way I can relate is the aftermath of an F5 tornado we had about 10 years ago. Terrible tragedy.