PDA

View Full Version : Anyway we could have a new sub-forum?

x101airborne
02-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Sights and Optics...
What do yall think?
We discuss most everything else.... so why not?
I just bought a new sight and have no experience with it, so I am taking a 700.00 chance.
I sure could use some advice.

ranger1962
02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
I think that this is a good idea.
I have always wanted one of those long Leatherwood scopes but would like to know what people think before I plunk down that kinda money.

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 10:10 PM
I was thinking that would happen over on the Outdoorsman forum, guess not. Most of the rifles I use these days wear glass and I've bought a few I wish I hadn't. I've bought a few based on recommendations that I was quite impressed with. If I only had a few rifles I'd just put Leupolds on all of them and be done with it. Last couple have been Redfields, nice enough but I'd have liked to get some feedback before buying them. Lots of scopes out there with more coming out every year, would be nice to have a place to compare notes.

oneokie
02-16-2013, 10:18 PM
I was thinking that would happen over on the Outdoorsman forum, guess not. Most of the rifles I use these days wear glass and I've bought a few I wish I hadn't. I've bought a few based on recommendations that I was quite impressed with. If I only had a few rifles I'd just put Leupolds on all of them and be done with it. Last couple have been Redfields, nice enough but I'd have liked to get some feedback before buying them. Lots of scopes out there with more coming out every year, would be nice to have a place to compare notes.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?64-Equipment-Reviews-and-Discussion

Love Life
02-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I think it is a great idea as well. The equipment reviews sub-forum is very scattered.

x101airborne
02-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the support guys.
I guess posts on this thread would be like "votes" to the moderators? Maybe?
BTW..... The scope I bought is an E-0tech with night vision compatibility to work with my PVS-14 monocle and magnifyer. Expensive, but I have never owned one before. I really like my Trijicon ACOG, so I thought of this for piggy slaying.
Anyone here use the EOtech for big bore AR shooting?

Love Life
02-17-2013, 01:08 PM
I've never used one on a big bore AR, just 5.56, but the EOTech sights are top notch!! I prefer the ACOG/RCO, but the EOTech is no slouch.

Gunload Master
02-17-2013, 01:25 PM
For now it's listed under the Hunting section in the outdoorsmans forum.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?83

Love Life
02-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Thank you!!!

I've got a write up on an el cheapo tasco I need to put in there. I believe people will be surprised.

TXGunNut
02-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Thank you!!!

I've got a write up on an el cheapo tasco I need to put in there. I believe people will be surprised.

Yes, thank you. I feel scope discussions on the rifle and pistol forums often take the thread off-topic. And yes, Love Life, I've had a few cheap Tasco's that exceeded my expectations but that was awhile back. Been hearing good things about them lately.
There was an interesting outdoorsman thread on binocs and I was thinking it would be nice to have more threads there on optics.