PDA

View Full Version : Got to hunt Prarie Dogs today

DLCTEX
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
My son, Black Rifle shooter, and I took advantage of shooting a dog town before it gets poisoned. Sorry, we didn't use cast today. These have been shot pretty hard lately and the shots were mostly in the 250-300= yd. range with an erratic wind that was giving us fits. We saved a number of them from suffering the effects of poison.:Fire:

xs11jack
02-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Did you ever see that video about 2 or 3 years ago about a Denver Co. suburb that had a problem with the Prarie Dogs. Some tree and Prarie Dog huggers got wind of it and convince the town concil to buy a prarie dog sucker upper (Vacuum Truck). The operator would drive up to a bunch of holes and get out a hose and suck that critter right out and into the hopper of the truck. They had a video camera in the hopper to watch the dogs in case they hurt one and it need medical attention. The most ridiculous thing I ever have seen.
Jack

runfiverun
02-16-2013, 10:46 PM
now that would have been fun.
if you reversed the trucks suction and used a shotgun.
just shooting p-dogs is fun in general.

Idaho Mule
02-16-2013, 11:06 PM
r5r, where do I sign up for this pdawg trapshoot? That sounds like serious fun!! JW

Ed Barrett
02-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Do you yell "pull" or is there something else you call to have the operator blow a p-dog in the air?

lavenatti
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
If you're tossing live animals into the air you should yell "PETA!"

10x
02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umEFHeo6mw

This is the ultimate device.

runfiverun
02-17-2013, 01:53 PM
i think you would yell blow,,, not pull..

popper
02-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Sent that to my bro that had a mole problem. Looks like fun but I'd hate to be standing on top of the tunnel when it goes.

km101
02-17-2013, 09:55 PM
We used to hunt "pasture poodles" down near the base of the Panhandle 10-15 years ago. One of the landowners where we hunted had a guy with a vacuum truck come out and collect a bunch of dogs while we were around one time. We asked him what he was doing with them. It turned out that he was exporting them to Asia, where they are a "delicacy". I think I would rather shoot them than eat them. I have not had an opportunity to hunt prarie dogs in years. Glad you had a good outing. I may have to try it again this spring.

xs11jack
02-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh Boy!!! Rodinator, All right. I got moles in my back yard that drive me crazy. I entertained at one time thoughts about pouring gas down there and touching it off. The wife talked me out of that one because a lot of the tunnels go into several neighbors yards. KaBOOm and the law suits start. But this thing wouldn't blow the neighbors yard into the next county, so I might be able to sell them on it. Worth a try. Oh, I would have the neighbor run it and I would stand by with my 12ga. incase any rodents go skyward. POW, got one George. Lighter' up again!!
Jack

41 mag fan
02-18-2013, 08:52 AM
now that would have been fun.
if you reversed the trucks suction and used a shotgun.
just shooting p-dogs is fun in general.

Hey it'd be a new show on TV...like punkin chunkin....we'll call it P-Dog Chunkin

LocoFixer
02-18-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OODwz6idiw

This is a fun way of getting rid of the prairie rats.

runfiverun
02-18-2013, 12:58 PM
so i guess you pull it out,put your sandbag over the hole, and walk away from the tunell [with the rodenator 4000 in your hand] and fooom.
i guess too many were leaving them behind...

LocoFixer
02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
so i guess you pull it out,put your sandbag over the hole, and walk away from the tunell [with the rodenator 4000 in your hand] and fooom.
i guess too many were leaving them behind...

The one I have used doesnt have the remote ignitor. So you get to stand there and get a face full of dirt