PDA

View Full Version : More Time For Boolits!

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Guess I'm headed to the range today. Longtime GF has been trying to pick a fight w/ me for the last ten days and finally gave up and drove away. I'm a confirmed bachelor, she's been married four times that I know of so I guess I should be surprised it lasted this long. She buried her last husband, guess I should feel lucky.
I wasn't getting much shooting done when she was around anyway, guess I'm finally getting my priorities straight. :mrgreen:

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
The "postage stamp" is the golden rule

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
The "postage stamp" is the golden rule

Guess I'm not familiar with that one, care to explain?

WILCO
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
she's been married four times that I know of so I guess I should be surprised it lasted this long. She buried her last husband, guess I should feel lucky.

Life is too short for drama. Stay single or pick better women.

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Life is too short for drama. Stay single or pick better women.

Agreed. I don't do drama. As a gun owner and former LEO I simply can't afford to. Single isn't so bad, another 50 years and I'll probably have it down.

pls1911
02-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Tx..
If the shoe fits... wear it right? Another shoe is around the corner... it will fit, and you will wear it.
I was solo 8 years after my first took a hike and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I wasn't looking either, but met my wife through her elderly mom(!!??) Long funny story, all good.
However, I haven't built any more sea kayaks, and don't cast and shoot as much as when solo, but my lady and her extended family is a peach and we all blend nicely.
You'll do well, friend.
Hah! Paraphrase Woodrow Call..."I hate rude behavior in a WOMAN... I won't tolerate it."

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Good points, pls1911. I'm a damned good cook and I don't mind doing my own laundry. Have a few casting projects that need to move forward and a casting shed that needs building. Garden needs planting pretty soon as well. Mebbe I'll give dating another try when I run out of other things to do. Then mebbe I'll just get another dog.

375supermag
02-16-2013, 09:44 PM
"mebbe I'll just get another dog."

FWIW...
A dog won't spend as much money, won't cheat and won't bring any drama to the show.
Plus, they will flush rabbits and pheasants...try getting a woman to do that.

Having said all that...I think I'll keep my current wife. She doesn't spend much money, doesn't cheat and the "drama" is minimal. Still working at training her to flush pheasants, though.

runfiverun
02-16-2013, 10:56 PM
stay above her on the ditch bank.
those pheasants will bust right out when she starts thrashing about trying to keep her footing.
i haven't figured out how to pair that with a retrieve.

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Mebbe a few puddle ducks as well, better bring the environmentally friendly shot. Still working on the retrieve aspect.

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-17-2013, 12:37 AM
The postage stamp-
"lick'em, stick'em, and send them on their way
:mrgreen:

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-17-2013, 12:39 AM
As far as the dog vs wife-
Lock them both in the trunk for a few hours and notice which one is happy to see you when you open it
Yeah, I'm single and staying that way

WILCO
02-17-2013, 12:42 AM
The postage stamp-

:groner:

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-17-2013, 01:59 AM
My bad,
Sorry

cbrick
02-17-2013, 08:05 AM
I vote for the dog plus maybe a few more guns. I just recently got divorced myself in 1978 and since none of my guns have asked if their grips make them look fat, don't care if I fondle other guns and are quite happy to sit quietly in the safe until I want them. The dog is very content with a bowl of food and an occasional rub behind the ear. Life is good.

Rick

x101airborne
02-17-2013, 10:24 AM
"mebbe I'll just get another dog."

FWIW...
A dog won't spend as much money, won't cheat and won't bring any drama to the show.
Plus, they will flush rabbits and pheasants...try getting a woman to do that.

Having said all that...I think I'll keep my current wife. She doesn't spend much money, doesn't cheat and the "drama" is minimal. Still working at training her to flush pheasants, though.

My wife LOVES to shoot doves and she doesn't wait for me to tell her where they are. In fact, the only bird species identification she does is "dove or snot-dove". That is Texican shorthand for "its not a dove, dont shoot". I just bought her her own Charles Daly semi-auto 12 gauge this week for valentines day and she was all too happy. She just would not let me alone till we went out and shot some skeet. She gets on my case every now and then, but it keeps me in line.

429421Cowboy
02-17-2013, 12:47 PM
After I lost a longtime girlfriend when i was younger, after happy times, then the last three months of pure hell, my mother just looked at me and said "There are worse things than being alone!". Since then i have found that to be quite true, if a person is unhappy with you there aint a thing you're gonna do to change their mind, so best to not waste anybodies time and just go separate ways.
Nothin' is better than a good woman that'll help and support you, and dang sure nothin' is worse than a bad one always tryin' to cut you down. If we lived a bit closer I'd have you over to celebrate your new independance at my range!

TXGunNut
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
In fact, the only bird species identification she does is "dove or snot-dove". That is Texican shorthand for "its not a dove, dont shoot". -X101Airborne

When I took up dove hunting a few decades back it was "dove", "round dove" (quail), and "practice bird". :mrgreen:
I appreciate the offer, 429421Cowboy. Someday I'll take you up on it but I'm headed for a range a bit closer as soon as I get a bit more coffee down.:coffeecom

Echo
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
The postage stamp-
LOVE IT! May try that tactic...

Echo
02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I vote for the dog plus maybe a few more guns. I just recently got divorced myself in 1978 and since none of my guns have asked if their grips make them look fat, don't care if I fondle other guns and are quite happy to sit quietly in the safe until I want them. The dog is very content with a bowl of food and an occasional rub behind the ear. Life is good.

Rick

Yeah - but everybody needs a cuddle.

gandydancer
02-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Lock your wife or girl friend and your dog in the trunk of your car and leave them in there for one hour. and when you let them out see which one will be glad to see you.

Harter66
02-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Found a girl that's likes the hunting/shooting. 2 marriages totaling 27 yrs raised 4 kids and dedicated 22 years to that. 6 more to her kids. 2 yr ago we took in my granddaughters , 11 months ago X2 decided she was tired of me and my grands. Works out though now me and the girls cast, load and hop truck and go for a ride cause we feel like it. I figure this gf will get tired of me soon enough and be on her way.

In the words of Ricky Nelson "ya can't please everyone so ya got to please yourself ". I'm happier every day .

cbrick
02-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah - but everybody needs a cuddle.

True enough. That's what the occasional girl friend is for, if they start to look to comfortable I just point'em at the door. 1978 is far to recent a memory to consider a long term relationship.

Rick

41 mag fan
02-17-2013, 08:45 PM
stay above her on the ditch bank.
those pheasants will bust right out when she starts thrashing about trying to keep her footing.
i haven't figured out how to pair that with a retrieve.

Throw those purty sparkly stones that are held by them thar purty yellow thingy ma bobs towards them there pheseants and you'll have her retrieving right jiffy....now bringing the pheseant back might be the tricky part. Just have plenty of them sparkly stones, and you'll get her trained eventually.

TXGunNut
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Must admit I was feeling a bit low today,:kidding: had to take in a bit of smokeless powder and boolit lube aromatherapy.;) Was kinda hoping she'd come by and haul off the rest of her...stuff while I was gone. She sent me a text while I was checking out the used gun rack @ Cabelas. Missed that somehow. Was interested in a different rack, I guess.
I'm warming up to the puppy idea. My old Buddy died suddenly last year after 12 years of unconditional love. Think I may be ready to try that again.