PDA

View Full Version : Renewed interest in casting

jeepyj
02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Hello to all,
First off thank you for this fantastic site. I've been lurking for a couple of months and used the existing threads to help enhance my casting. I started handloading & casting 25+ years ago but with the use of the internet and the castboolits site it has changed my whole thought process and not to mention the accuracy and consistently so today I made my first post to say happy to be here and a member.
Fun is handgun target Really fun is casting my own and thirftly handgun target shooting!
Jeepyj

Dean D.
02-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Welcome back into the fold Jeepyj!

41 mag fan
02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome aboard, welcome to the addiction. We do have a rehab section, but it's not very successful!!
It's an obscure section, hidden somewhere in the forum, noones found it yet, but rumors are it's here somewhere

runfiverun
02-16-2013, 12:14 PM
i think ken put littlegirl in charge of it and she put it in her purse.
good luck on finding anything in there.

welcome aboard.

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Welcome aboard! I hear there was once talk of a 12-step program. IIRC it was:
1. Cast Boolits
2. Load Boolits
3. Shoot Boolits
4. Repeat As Necssary

That's as far as they got, no rehabs yet.

Wayne Smith
02-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh, com'on, guys! I do the rehab, in trade for molds, guns, or lead! I'm even qualified. No one has ever taken me up on it, though.

Jeepy, welcome to the new madness!

Blacksmith
02-16-2013, 04:11 PM
I thought the Rehab was a subsection to the Complaint Department which is in the Pit so you can't access it until you have been here 30 days and have 25 posts and by that time it's too late.

jeepyj
02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Thank you all for the hearty welcome. I think the second time around any hobby is a bit dangerous. I hope that over time I can be as much help to others as some here have been to me already. Took a rede today and hit 5 different gun shops. it is seriously alarming to me that the basic reloading supplies have become in such shortage and pricing has escalated so much. I think maybe that is a big part of the lure of this site.

**oneshot**
02-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Welcome!!! Don't get caught up in the cast more to shoot more to cast more to shoot more, it will drain the bank account. ha ha!