PDA

View Full Version : Chapter than dirt also stops sales to New York LEO

boltons75
02-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'
2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment.

BK7saum
02-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Who's gonna buy a $130 used 30 round gi magazine anyway?

leftiye
02-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Not me, I am still getting them for $20.

BK7saum
02-16-2013, 07:13 AM
That was a little dig at CTD when they jumped mag prices to $130 at the beginning of the panic. They can charge what they want. Some call it gouging but I'll vote with my wallet and shop elsewhere.

41 mag fan
02-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Who cares what they are charging...the underlying factor is another business thats stopped dealing with the very government(s) that's hurting their bottom line.
This is an awesome awesome thing these companies are doing, they are fighting back, and socking it to them where it's needed...on their supply lines. Just as in war, you cut off the supplies, you bring your opponent down

Recluse
02-16-2013, 11:39 AM
I seriously doubt that Crappier Than Dirt did any significant biz with New York LE agencies.

This is an effort by CTD to try and regain some more sheep to fleece in the gun community after recent bad press on CTD--"See, Crappier Than Dirt really IS on my side so that's why it's all right for me to pay $1 per round of .223 ammo and 400% markup on AR magazines and conveniently forget that they were the first retailer to halt online gun and (assault weapons) accessory sales after Sandy Hook." :rolleyes:

Sadly, there are plenty of idiot gun-owners who are already parroting the above statement while reaching for their credit card.

:coffee:

runfiverun
02-16-2013, 12:17 PM
DING,DING,DING....we have a winner!

41 mag fan
02-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Never bought from them before, so i wouldn't know about prices. Seen one of their mags years ago and noticed prices weren't that cheap. I'm just thinking get the gun industry on board to fight back at the restrictive state and federal laws.

turmech
02-16-2013, 01:16 PM
I personal would not buy from them at least anytime soon for reasons already mentioned.

But if they said what was posted in the OP then I would commend them for that. Rather they sold any or not to the government or not. If the whole industry does this it may be our only hope. Every company that takes this stand is one more in the hopeful snow ball effect we need.

If they don't flip flop on the issue and do change some of there previous ways may be they can redeem themselves, MAY BE. It is after all never to late to do the right thing. Would not undo any bad but a good thing for us is a good thing for us.